Source language: Translate to:

Message personalized for publication which requires NBPlay5.

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Message personalized for publication which requires NBPlay5.

Postby Claude GUYOT » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:47 am

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:09 am Post subject: Message personnalisé pour publication qui requiert NBPlay5.e

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message personnalisé pour publication qui requiert NBPlay5.exe

Lorsqu’on compile une publication sous forme d’un package nécessitant le moteur NBPlay5.exe et si cette application est ouverte sur un Pc ne disposant pas de NBPlay5.exe Nous avons l’affichage suivant : Titre de la publication et un message : cette application requiert NBPlay5.exe

Ce que je voudrais obtenir , ce serait un message personnalisé tel que, par exemple : prendre contact avec le concepteur de la publication et non le message : cette application requiert NBPlay5.exe

Est-ce possible ?
Merci par avance de vos réponses.

Claude

-----------------Traduction--------------------------------------------------------

Message personalized for publication which requires NBPlay5.exe

When one compiles a publication in the form of a package requiring the NBPlay5.exe engine and if this application is open on a PC not having NBPlay5.exe We have following posting: Titrate publication and a message: this application requires NBPlay5.exe

What I would like to obtain, it would be a message personalized such as, for example: to contact the originator of the publication and not the message : this application requires NBPlay5.exe

Is this possible?
Thank you by advance for your answers.

Claude
Claude GUYOT

Postby Wrangler » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:00 am

Although I don't use nbplay.exe, I agree. Although it is verbose, it would mean nothing to the end user, who has no idea what or why nbplay.exe is.

Maybe something like:

A required component to run this program is missing (nbplay5.exe). Please contact the developer.

The filename should exist in the error though, to aid in support.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby HPW » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:22 am

Of course multi-language like the package download dialog.

:!:
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:55 pm

This presents an interesting problem because NBPlay5.exe is required to read the compiled pub which is where such a message would be stored. The runtime pub exe is only a tiny stub program that looks for and runs NBPlay5.exe and nothing else. It currently doesn't have the ability to load custom error messages. Adding something like that would increase the size of the stub exe making it less useful.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby sombra » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:11 pm

IMHO, a exclusive page in neosoftware site dedicated for download the "nbplay runtime" and instructions for install , could be a good idea. Many others applications like plugins (flash player, Shockwave Player, etc) do it. For example in the url: http ://neosoftware.com/nbplay.html

The current warning show, If nbplay.exe isn't found:
Code: Select all
This application requires NBPlay5.exe

This could be changed by:
Code: Select all
This application requires NBPlay5.exe  You can download it from http://neosoftware.com/nbplay.html

A little example for the installer can be downloaded from here. (temporal location, It will be delete)
I can read English, but... I write like Tarzan. (sorry)
sombra

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:25 pm

Interesting idea! We can certainly consider it, but bandwidth may be an issue with something like that.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Wrangler » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:14 pm

Would be worth what little bandwidth it would use. My software site gets about 300 downloads per day, avg. file size 3mb, and it doesn't have much affect on the server, if any. I've never gone over my 400gb a month limit.

Bandwidth problems arise when 300 people try to download software at the same time. Of course, this would probably never happen. And if you were that popular, you would be doing enough business to get a server that can handle it. :)
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby dpayer » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:56 am

Neosoft Support wrote:This presents an interesting problem because NBPlay5.exe is required to read the compiled pub which is where such a message would be stored. The runtime pub exe is only a tiny stub program that looks for and runs NBPlay5.exe and nothing else. It currently doesn't have the ability to load custom error messages. Adding something like that would increase the size of the stub exe making it less useful.

Here is another idea..... allow the change of the name of the file: nbplay5.exe to a defined name within the "stub". This would make obscure the tools used to create the program and would allow NeoSoftware to head toward version 6 that has a new name / focus for marketing.

:o several implications assumed in previous paragraph.

David P.
dpayer

Return to NeoBook Suggestions