Source language: Translate to:

Neobook appz on Opera Navegator

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Neobook appz on Opera Navegator

Postby carlos » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:47 pm

Other suggestion from me is: To make compatible Neobook web applications with other web browsers diferent to Microsoft Internet Explorer, such as Opera.

Thanks for read me

Bye

Carlos
carlos

Postby HPW » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:12 pm

The question is the other way round: Is opera compatibel to the ActiveX-plugin standard?

If not, how much of the limited programming resources will it cost to make a special opera plugin?
You know there are so much other wishes on the list!
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby carlos » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:46 pm

Hi Hans-Peter, in this moment I don't know if Opera is compatible with Active-X plugins. But I search about it.

You know there are so much other wishes on the list!

Yes, yes I know, only is my suggestion.

Bye
carlos

Postby carlos » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:06 am

Ok, You forget my suggestion.

Opera navegators can see active-X using a "plug" from other company for free.

Check the link:
http://www.opera.com/support/search/view/415/

Bye

Carlos
carlos

Postby dpayer » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:57 am

carlos wrote:Ok, You forget my suggestion.
Opera navegators can see active-X using a "plug" from other company for free.
Check the link:
http://www.opera.com/support/search/view/415/
Bye
Carlos

Carlos,
The WebBrowser object in NB is used in many programs to give an interface to applications as it is a fundamental part of windows (even the Windows explorer uses portions of the browser for display.)

I am curious though. What did you hope to solve by using a different browser that you couldn't use the IE WebBrowser object of NB?

After all, here is what your link to the page describing ActiveX use with Opera:

With its default setup, Neptune will only call ActiveX components that are sent with a MIME type of application/x-meadco-neptune-ax. If a Web page uses this as the MIME type for the plug-in content, Opera should automatically use the Neptune plug-in without requiring any interaction. However, most ActiveX components are sent with a MIME type of application/x-oleobject.

To open a regular ActiveX component in Opera, you will need to tell Opera to load it with Neptune, which in turn will open it in the Microsoft WebBrowser control, enabling ActiveX. This can be achieved using User JavaScript.

David P.
dpayer

Postby carlos » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:30 am

Hi David, I don't understand very well. But I try answer you question:

First, I need create a web-app (*.htm, *.pkg and * and NB5ActiveX.ocx).
Second, I want see this content in Opera Web Navegator (I navegate in that for 10 years ago).
Third, In my applications I don't use a WebBrowser Object, only buttons, rectangles, images, animations, timers and other, but no webbrowsers.

So, this solution is a perfect solution for my problem and will become a good solution to Neobookers that uses the Opera navegator.

Bye

Carlos
carlos

Postby HPW » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:07 am

So, this solution is a perfect solution for my problem and will become a good solution to Neobookers that uses the Opera navegator.

I would not call it perfect. You use opera because you have concerns about IE. Then you use a plugin which uses an IE instance for viewing ActiveX-content.

In this case why not use IE directly?
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby dpayer » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:43 am

carlos wrote:Hi David, I don't understand very well. But I try answer you question:

First, I need create a web-app (*.htm, *.pkg and * and NB5ActiveX.ocx).
Second, I want see this content in Opera Web Navegator (I navegate in that for 10 years ago).
Third, In my applications I don't use a WebBrowser Object, only buttons, rectangles, images, animations, timers and other, but no webbrowsers.

Bye

Carlos

I see. Have you tried installing the ActiveX for Opera? Did it work?

D
dpayer

Postby carlos » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:32 am

Yes David, it works. If you follow the steps showed in the link (http://www.opera.com/support/search/view/415/). Opera show the contents of Active-X.

Bye and good Opera time

Carlos
carlos

Return to NeoBook Suggestions