Source language: Translate to:

Improve the NeoBook Help

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Improve the NeoBook Help

Postby Horst Helfen » Thu May 31, 2007 1:26 am

As a help author I have been irritated by the index of the NeoBook Help for some time.
If I choose an index keyword the link doesn't lead to this keyword's explanation directly but to the top of the page it is described. I have to scroll down sometimes a long distance to reach desired the information.
Example: I look for FlashSetVar. This leads me to a topic called Objects and I have to scroll down to the end of the page to find FlashSetVar. The page Objects contains a lot of keywords and it is hard to find a certain information.
If I go to the page Action Command Reference, a click at FlashSetVar would lead me directly to its explanation.
This is just a matter of building the help file and I offer my help in resolving that problem.
Horst Helfen

Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.
Horst Helfen

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu May 31, 2007 11:45 am

Hello Horst,

Thank you for bring this to our attention and your offer of assistance. We use a product called FastHelp to create NeoBook's help file. FastHelp is great for creating and maintaining help files in several languages. Unfortunately, FastHelp does not appear to have an option to specify bookmarks or page position for index entries. Are you familiar with FastHelp?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Horst Helfen » Thu May 31, 2007 12:27 pm

No, unfortunately not.

But I will examine your help file and try to build it new with the function I miss. As I am rather busy at the moment that may take some days before I can present the result to you.
Horst Helfen

Horst Helfen

Postby Horst Helfen » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:32 am

I already rebuilt the chm help file and the jumps from the index to the descriptions worked as they should. But as an untolerable side effect the jumps to the correct help topic don't work any more if you click the Help button in the sub windows of NeoBook (i.e. Page Properties or Text Properties).
I'll have a try on this problem.
Horst Helfen

Horst Helfen

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:14 am

Thank you for your efforts.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBook Suggestions