Source language: Translate to:

Change background colors on the fly

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Change background colors on the fly

Postby Odd » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:33 am

Would it be possible to "SetVar" background colors of a page, either a single color or a gradient fill between two colors, horisontal or vertical?

I would like to change colors/fonts/images etc depending on who's using my pub (which player is active in a game).

Just a thought...
Odd

Postby Gaev » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:20 am

Odd:

It would be nice to be able to make run time changes (via script) to the "Page Background Object" ... similar to what can be done with SetObjectFill and SetObjectFileName for regular objects.

In the mean time, you might consider placing a Rectangle (or even a Picture) object in the pub's Master Page ... make it cover the entire Window space ... then keep changing the properties of this object as desired.
Gaev

Postby Odd » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:43 pm

Thanks Gaev. Yes, this is what I do today, but it's "limiting".

I want the end users to be able to select their own background etc (colors or an image, even), but for this option to be limitless (!), I have to come up with a pretty infinite set of build-in schemes, which I don't find "worth while" (is this a correct expression, by the way?).

I'm restricted to offer them a few variations. It's OK for now.
Odd

Postby Gaev » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:33 am

Odd:
... but it's "limiting" ... to be able to select their own background etc (colors or an image, even) ... have to come up with a pretty infinite set of build-in schemes

a) By having a Rectangle object (for solid colors) and a Picture Object (for images) ... and moving one or the other off screen, you have everything except the Gradient Fills

b) I haven't tried it myself ... but it might be possible to display Gradient Filled Color Blocks inside a Browser object ... may be even a Flash object with the proper swf file

c) Also, take a closer look at SetObjectFill ... the Fill Style parameter offers over 40 different choices ... combined with 256*256*256 color values, the combination gives your users "0.5 * infinite" different skins to choose from ... and as they say ... "half an infinity is better than none" :-)
Gaev

Postby Odd » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:07 am

Thanks, Gaev!

I will certainly study the options available, including the SetObjectFill.

PS I've already started planning a version 3 of my game - even before version 2 is out. Call me Microsoftish, if you like...
Odd

Return to NeoBook Suggestions