Source language: Translate to:

Neobook and CGI

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Neobook and CGI

Postby lesanchss » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:56 am

Hi Neofriends,

Would be possible in any way to implement the conversion of the source code of a neobook .pub into a CGI script, i mean like perl does? The idea is oriented to avoid the use of pkg and the OCX in the web explorer and in this way a neobook publication can be visualized in any web explorer quickly no matter the size of publication.

Sorry if i'm wrong.

Cheers,
Lesanch.
Todos somos ignorantes, solo que no todos ignoramos las mismas cosas.
Albert Einstein.
. .
lesanchss

Re: Neobook and CGI

Postby dpayer » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:54 am

lesanchss wrote:Hi Neofriends,

Would be possible in any way to implement the conversion of the source code of a neobook .pub into a CGI script, i mean like perl does? The idea is oriented to avoid the use of pkg and the OCX in the web explorer and in this way a neobook publication can be visualized in any web explorer quickly no matter the size of publication.

Lesanch.

No, it would not be possible the way NB is created. BUT there are some options.

You could use php / asp to enter data into a form that would be placed into a database. You could then use NB to look at that data and act on it. Remember, you can have php / asp / perl forms write to a text file as well as to databases.

I don't know how the NewLisp product works exactly but I do know it can be used as a CGI in a web server and it can also be used within NB using HPW's wrapper. You would have to experiment with this but you may be able to use complimentary scripts for the webserver and NB to interact with a 3rd party agent (like a database) and interact in that manner. I don't believe you could use NewLisp as a CGI and then grab the variables directly in NB as it makes sense they would run in separate threads. You could experiment though!

David P.
dpayer

Postby lesanchss » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:19 pm

Thanks dpayer.
Todos somos ignorantes, solo que no todos ignoramos las mismas cosas.
Albert Einstein.
. .
lesanchss

Return to NeoBook Suggestions