Source language: Translate to:

NeoBook 5.6 Update Released

Information about NeoBook Updates

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:58 am

Hello Delco,

Your order was processed successfully, and your registration information was sent the same day.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby DELCO » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:09 am

Hello Dave,
Thank you !
...and also Thank you for the good job you do with NBK !!
DELCO

Postby Odd » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:53 am

Odd wrote:
Neosoft Support wrote:
The error message I receive when trying to run the pubs with F8, F9 and F10, is (translated): "NeoBook_v5_Test_Publication!!! has stopped working...

I can't tell for sure from your description, but it sounds like this problem is limited to a single publication. This could be caused by a plug-in or a bug in 5.6. Without seeing the pub it's impossible to tell. Can you send us a copy of your publication source files?

Of course I will, but this may take a week or so (heading for a long due vacation 8) ). The error is consistent will all my pubs created on my XP PC and transferred to my Vista PC. Perhaps it isn't a problem with "native" Vista pubs? I'll check it out, and check if a plug-in causes the error.

About my other problem; I don't have a spanish version of NeoBook, so it is unlikely the case. But if it disappears after I've used the controls in my English version, it is OK.

I've finally come around to test this behaviour, and the bug seems to be limited to pubs initially made in xp and copied to vista. I've upgraded to the latest 5.6.1 version of NeoBook today, and this doesn't solve the problem. I will send you a couple of pubs to illustrate what I mean... Hope you find the cause.
Odd

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:42 am

I've finally come around to test this behaviour, and the bug seems to be limited to pubs initially made in xp and copied to vista...

That really doesn't make any sense, because pub files are saved the same way regardless of what Windows OS you're using. There may be something specific in your pub that Vista doesn't like, but simply saving a file in XP and moving it to Vista shouldn't introduce any problems by itself. What ever the cause, a sample pub file would certainly be helpful.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Odd » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:25 am

I have sent two pub files to you. They should not use any plugins.
Odd

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:04 am

I tested both of your publications with NeoBook v5.6.1 on my Windows Vista PC and they both appeared to run correctly without errors. I tried running in test mode from NeoBook and compiled exe format. I received no errors in either case. Are there any specific steps I must take to reproduce the errors?

I did not receive any of the images or other external files used by the publications, so it's possible that one of those files is the source of your problem. If you want to send the missing files, I can try testing again. To do this use the "Archive" option from NeoBook's Book menu to assemble all of the pub's files in one place. Then zip that folder and send it to me.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Odd » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:52 am

It seems to be my mistake. When I archive all files and open the XP-pub in Vista, the F8/F9 keys works. Didn't think of this obvious solution. :oops:
Odd

Postby sombra » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:59 pm

Hello,
Me wrote:This is a minor visual problem (I think) for draw the corners in ComboBox objects. On Windows Vista with default theme, the corners are not draw rounded at all.
This happens in neobook 5.6 final, but not happens in nebook 5.6 beta 3 where look as is expected.

Neosoft Support wrote:Make sure you have the line style for the combo box set to "none".

At first instance, sorry for the late replay, I missed your answer :oops:
I'm sure that line style is set to none. You can give a glance to the next image for view that I meant. Example Image
If you wish, I can upload same screen but compiled with previous version, where corners are showed rounded.

Regards.
I can read English, but... I write like Tarzan. (sorry)
sombra

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:21 am

We were about to release v5.6.2, but I will see if anything can be done to clean this up.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Previous

Return to NeoBook Upgrade News