Source language: Translate to:

Loading CSS and plugins at design time

General questions about NeoAppBuilder - our rapid application development tool for building HTML5, web and mobile apps.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Loading CSS and plugins at design time

Postby luishp » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:55 am

Right now we have a plugin system that allow us to add new capabilities to NeoAppBuilder at run time.
Would it be possible to add CSS files at design time to allow users to see, at design time, what they will see at run time?

And JS files?
Allowing to add JavaScript files at design time would provide some kind of "macro" programming if we can call functions from custom NAB menu items.
This way would be possible to add plugins for design-time as menu builders, image galleries, quizzes and even server side scripting...

Let me explain myself a bit better:
Imagine we have a menugenerator.js file we can load into NAB at run time.
As soon as we load that file there will be a custom NAB menu item named "Menu Generator".
If I click that menu item the "menugenerator()" function is called. Of course it is coded into the menugenerator.js file.
The function opens a window, ask for some parameters and for a target "Container" or "Page" object.
The function generates and inserts HTML (and even JavaScript or PHP) code into that Container or Page object.
That HTML code can be executed at run time with or without the need of a normal runtime-plugin.

What do you think?
Just an idea.

Regards
Luis Hernández - SinLios Soluciones Digitales
http://sinlios.com
luishp

Re: Loading CSS and plugins at design time

Postby Neosoft Support » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:29 pm

That's a good idea. I'll add it to the list of things to explore further.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to General NeoAppBuilder Discussion