Source language: Translate to:

how to render web pages

General questions about NeoAppBuilder - our rapid application development tool for building HTML5, web and mobile apps.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

how to render web pages

Postby fkapnist » Wed May 11, 2016 5:19 pm

Does NeoAppBuilder display urls in webBrowser objects or in iframes? What kind of "container" is used to render web pages?
:?:
fkapnist

Re: how to render web pages

Postby luishp » Thu May 12, 2016 1:09 am

NeoAppBuilder apps are technically web pages. Quite sophisticated ones but web pages.
So every app runs in a web browser and there is not a "webBrowser object" as we know there is in NeoBook.
In NeoAppBuilder, and in every web page, you can show another embeded web page through the use of an iFrame.
An iFrame is a container designed to show external content using a URL, very similar to "webBrowser object" in NeoBook.
Luis Hernández - SinLios Soluciones Digitales
http://sinlios.com
luishp

Postby fkapnist » Thu May 12, 2016 2:15 am

luishp wrote:NeoAppBuilder apps are technically web pages. Quite sophisticated ones but web pages.
So every app runs in a web browser and there is not a "webBrowser object" as we know there is in NeoBook.
In NeoAppBuilder, and in every web page, you can show another embeded web page through the use of an iFrame.
An iFrame is a container designed to show external content using a URL, very similar to "webBrowser object" in NeoBook.

thanks luishp,

I am familiar with iframes and have been using them in my web sites. However, there are some limitations as to what iframes can do. Some web pages cannot be loaded in iframes if designed not to. Cross-domain loading is usually not permitted in iframes. I guess the idea is to never open pages of another website. But that limits the scope of the Internet. There was a time when browsers could do quite a lot with iframes, but the recent flood of malware has changed the design of most modern browsers. What a coincidence that big companies like Google use iframes to display their ads across domains (but you and I can't). If a page breaks out of an iframe (some are designed to do so) your app will crash. Period. I am actually happy to learn that the sales of mobile devices are now dropping. Using an iframe instead of a browser object is, according to my experience, a mickey mouse solution. Not a step forward in IT evolution.

:|

fkapnist

Postby fkapnist » Thu May 12, 2016 4:12 am

luishp wrote:NeoAppBuilder apps are technically web pages.

I am still a bit confused... If for example you load the url "facebook.com" into a iframe, nothing happens because facebook cannot be loaded into an iframe. So how do Android developers produce facebook apps? Are they fetching data from another url? And must they be "registered" to use that address or API call?

I studied the iframe for years and have discovered some disturbing facts. For example, try loading foxnews.com into a iframe (using Chrome or Firefox). It will appear normal, but if you try to load another url into the same iframe, it will not. Foxnews.com has an "adware script" that takes full control of the iframe. It locks up or freezes your access to the iframe! There are many other sites that do exactly the same thing. Why? You have no doubt heard the expression "follow the money trail." The move to cripple standard browsers such as Internet Explorer began with a massive wave of anonymous malware attacks. Chrome and Android suddenly appeared on the scene (follow the money trail). Could it be that this was all part of a plan to produce "secure browsing," not for you, me, or the average user. Perhaps it was to secure the iframe content of big ad-delivery platforms? If so, an undemocratic process will seep into the "Internet of Things" and maybe destroy society itself. Everything connected to the Internet (your car, microwave oven, refridgerator, etc.) will constantly be bombarded with adware, like a Kafka novel.

I have a test site at http://verticalbrowser.com/firefoxtest.htm to see what urls will freeze up an iframe. So after crippling the web, the big players are now generous enough to supply a special API url only for those who register (I am being sarcastic).

:shock:
fkapnist

Postby fkapnist » Thu May 12, 2016 1:31 pm

Building a large app for a client... YouTube Data API has concrete quota numbers listed in the Google API Console where you register for your API Key. You can use 30,000 units/second/user and 50,000,000 per day. A video upload has a cost of approximately 1600 units. If you hit the limits, Google will stop returning results until your quota is reset. You can apply for more than 50M requests per day, but you will have to pay for those extra requests. Generally you should always worry about hitting quotas when doing automated tasks with a number of calls. Google doesn't exactly tell you what the limits are, although they do warn against what you are trying to accomplish. They also note you should "rest" your application for 10 minutes every once in a while and make no calls from your IP to their APIs.

:oops:

fkapnist

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu May 12, 2016 6:45 pm

We don't have any control over how browser handle iFrames.

Everything connected to the Internet (your car, microwave oven, refridgerator, etc.) will constantly be bombarded with adware, like a Kafka novel.

Yes, I think that's what they have in mind - data collection and ads everywhere. Why would you want or need kitchen appliances to be connected to the Internet? I guess, your fridge could order more milk when you run out? Maybe Google wants to know what you're eating (assuming they don't already).
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby fkapnist » Thu May 12, 2016 8:26 pm

Neosoft Support wrote:We don't have any control over how browser handle iFrames.

Everything connected to the Internet (your car, microwave oven, refridgerator, etc.) will constantly be bombarded with adware, like a Kafka novel.

Yes, I think that's what they have in mind - data collection and ads everywhere. Why would you want or need kitchen appliances to be connected to the Internet? I guess, your fridge could order more milk when you run out? Maybe Google wants to know what you're eating (assuming they don't already).

Some people think it would be cool to get ads every time you tie your shoe (text messages now, 3d holograms tomorrow). But that would be the total end of privacy
fkapnist

Postby luishp » Fri May 13, 2016 2:33 am

Code: Select all
So how do Android developers produce facebook apps?

You don't have to embed a site for that on an IFrame.
What they do, as you say, is to fetch content from Facebook using their API. And, of course, you should be registered to use it, accepting their use policy.

I have done a simple app using NAB to get the author, title and publisher from any book from its ISBN number (the number that appears on the book barcode).
To get that information I am using the API from World Catalog, Google Books and Open Library and a quite simple PHP file to do the requests and send the information back to NAB.

If you are curious here is the app:
http://luishp.com/isbn
luishp

Postby fkapnist » Fri May 13, 2016 3:05 am

luishp wrote: a quite simple PHP file to do the requests and send the information back

Is the PHP file on a server with your domain? I don't think PHP works from a local drive.

If you search for
ISBN 1496071468
you will find a crazy book that I wrote last year.

8)

fkapnist

Postby luishp » Fri May 13, 2016 3:19 am

Is the PHP file on a server with your domain? I don't think PHP works from a local drive.

Yes, PHP is a server side scripting language and the file is located on my domain.
It is possible to add a crossdomain directive in a PHP file header so it will send back the content to any other domain or local drive web app.
you will find a crazy book that I wrote last year.

"Hitler's Doubles" :lol: I will take a look for sure

Update:
I have been reading some of your articles.
Congratulations, quite impresive. You are really a very active person!
luishp

Postby fkapnist » Fri May 13, 2016 6:39 am

I thought NeoAppBuilder was only for Android or iPad apps..... But now I see you can build regular webpages too.

your site source code looks very tidy and compact:

<!DOCTYPE html><html lang="es" ><head><title>Datos básicos de libro con ISBN</title><meta charset="utf-8"><meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge"><meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1"><meta name="mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes"><meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" /><meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-title" content="Datos básicos de libro con ISBN" /><meta name="generator" content="NeoAppBuilder (15.12.27)" /><meta name="date" content="2016-03-09 12:49" /><meta name="version" content="1.0" /><meta name="copyright" content="Copyright 2016 Luis Hernandez Peña" /><link rel="stylesheet" href="css/bootstrap.min.css"><link rel="stylesheet" href="css/bootstrap-theme.min.css"><link rel="stylesheet" href="css/nzAnimate.min.css"><link rel="stylesheet" href="css/neoapp-ui.min.css"><link rel="stylesheet" href="css/style.css"></head><body id="ng-app" ng-app="NeoApp" ng-cloak><div ng-controller="NeoApp_CoreCtrl" ng-view ng-cloak id="ng-view" class="app-viewport[NAB._pageEffect]"></div><script type="text/ng-template" id="Page1"><div id="Page1"><form id="Form1" role="form" class="[NAB.Form1_effect]" ng-style="NAB.Form1_style" ng-hide="NAB.Form1_hidden" ng-disabled="NAB.Form1_disabled" ng-submit="SubmitForm('Form1','http://luishp.com/isbn/isbn-todos.php','POST',Form1_submit,Form1_success,Form1_fail)"><input id="isbn" type="text" name="isbn" class="form-control [NAB.isbn_effect]" ng-style="NAB.isbn_style" ng-hide="NAB.isbn_hidden" ng-disabled="NAB.isbn_disabled" ng-model="$root.isbn" maxlength="50"><p id="Paragraph2" class="[NAB.Paragraph2_effect]" ng-style="NAB.Paragraph2_style" ng-hide="NAB.Paragraph2_hidden" ng-disabled="NAB.Paragraph2_disabled">ISBN:</p><button id="SubmitButton1" type="submit" class="btn btn-primary [NAB.SubmitButton1_effect]" ng-style="NAB.SubmitButton1_style" ng-hide="NAB.SubmitButton1_hidden" ng-disabled="NAB.SubmitButton1_disabled">Enviar</button></form><p id="Paragraph10" class="[NAB.Paragraph10_effect]" ng-style="NAB.Paragraph10_style" ng-hide="NAB.Paragraph10_hidden" ng-disabled="NAB.Paragraph10_disabled">Respuesta: [ReturnStatus]</p><div id="Container1" class="[NAB.Container1_effect]" ng-style="NAB.Container1_style" ng-hide="NAB.Container1_hidden" ng-disabled="NAB.Container1_disabled"></div><h1 id="Headline1" class="[NAB.Headline1_effect]" ng-style="NAB.Headline1_style" ng-hide="NAB.Headline1_hidden" ng-disabled="NAB.Headline1_disabled">WorldCat, GBooks y Open Library</h1></div></script><script type="text/ng-template" id="NewDialog"><div id="DialogContainer1" class="modal-dialog modal-sm"><div class="modal-content" style="height:100%"><div class="modal-header bg-success"><button type="button" id="DialogContainer1_closebtn" class="close" ng-click="DialogContainer1_closebtn_click()"><span aria-hidden="true">×</span><span class="sr-only">Close</span></button><h4 class="modal-title">Custom Dialog</h4></div><p id="Paragraph3" class="[NAB.Paragraph3_effect]" ng-style="NAB.Paragraph3_style" ng-hide="NAB.Paragraph3_hidden" ng-disabled="NAB.Paragraph3_disabled">You typed: [Text]</p><input id="TextInput2" type="text" class="form-control [NAB.TextInput2_effect]" ng-style="NAB.TextInput2_style" ng-hide="NAB.TextInput2_hidden" ng-disabled="NAB.TextInput2_disabled" ng-model="$root.Text"><button id="PushButton2" type="button" class="btn btn-success [NAB.PushButton2_effect]" ng-style="NAB.PushButton2_style" ng-hide="NAB.PushButton2_hidden" ng-disabled="NAB.PushButton2_disabled" ng-click="PushButton2_click()">OK</button></div></div></script><script src="js/jquery.min.js"></script><script src="js/angular.min.js"></script><script src="js/angular-touch.min.js"></script><script src="js/angular-route.min.js"></script><script src="js/angular-animate.min.js"></script><script src="js/angular-sanitize.min.js"></script><script src="js/bootstrap.min.js"></script><script src="js/neoapp.min.js"></script><script src="js/neoapp-ui.min.js"></script><script src="js/main.js"></script></body></html>

I will try using NeoAppBuilder instead of FrontPage

:D

Last edited by fkapnist on Fri May 13, 2016 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
fkapnist

Postby fkapnist » Fri May 13, 2016 6:49 am

luishp wrote:I have been reading some of your articles.
Congratulations, quite impresive. You are really a very active person!

thank you

ISBN 0142437239

Luis, If I resize the window of your website, the input field get lost at the top with Internet Explorer. It is ok with Firefox.
fkapnist

Postby luishp » Fri May 13, 2016 9:15 am

I thought NeoAppBuilder was only for Android or iPad apps..... But now I see you can build regular webpages too.

For me NeoAppBuilder is an incredible tool to build interactive webpages. In my opinion they have much more future an interest than regular mobile apps.

Take a look here:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21519
luishp

Postby fkapnist » Sat May 14, 2016 7:43 am

luishp wrote:For me NeoAppBuilder is an incredible tool to build interactive webpages.

Wow. Your work is very good, very professional looking, better than Flash swf...

:P

fkapnist

Postby luishp » Sun May 15, 2016 3:55 am

Thanks!
luishp

Return to General NeoAppBuilder Discussion