Source language: Translate to:

NeoAppBuilder Beta Test (Update 15.7.3)

General questions about NeoAppBuilder - our rapid application development tool for building HTML5, web and mobile apps.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeoAppBuilder Beta Test (Update 15.7.3)

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:48 pm

An update to the NeoAppBuilder Beta is available for download below:

http://www.neosoftware.com/neoappbuilder.html
(Refresh your browser if you don't see the new version.)

Version 15.7.3 includes the following changes:

 Added “Windows EXE” to the compiler‘s list of target platforms. (This replaces the “Windows HTA” option which really wasn‘t very different from the traditional Web/HTML option.) There are still a few issues to sort out with the EXE option due to differences in how various Windows/IE versions handle some types of embedded content and fonts. Similar to NeoBook, all content is embedded within a singe EXE file.

 Added Line, Rectangle, Ellipse and Polygon objects. These are based on Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG). However, there are some slight differences in how these objects are rendered in different browsers. Firefox seems to be the most problematic.

 Added a “Run (from current page)” command to the Project menu and button bar.

 Added a right click context menu to the App Properties > Styles editor.

 Right clicking on an object in design mode now displays a context menu.

 Corrected problem that prevented subroutines with VARIABLE type parameters from passing values back to the app.
The compiler now correctly parses CSS code entered on Styles page of the App Properties screen. Previously, styles entered here could sometimes become corrupted during the compile process.

 Clicking the orientation icons on the built-in run simulator no longer causes an error message to appear in the console log.

 The installer should now write the correct Internet Explorer emulation mode to the registry when installing on Windows 10. Previously, the installer would write a mode that worked for previous Windows versions, but for some reason under Windows 10 causes NeoAppBuilder to crash on startup.

 And several other minor fixes and enhancements.

Please report problems, bugs, suggestions, etc. in this forum or via our online Bug Tracker.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: NeoAppBuilder Beta Test (Update 15.7.3)

Postby smokinbanger » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:17 pm

Awesome! Thanks!
Just Sayin'...
smokinbanger

Postby luishp » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am

The Windows EXE export option is quite interesting!
By the way, I have notice the HideObject command does not work anymore in this update.
Luis Hernández - SinLios Soluciones Digitales
http://sinlios.com
luishp

Postby PaulTomo » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:57 am

Having installed the new beta today, I have been checking that previous reports of my own findings from previous releases have been fixed.

looks like I have found another bug!

When using a form to sync data with an SQL database via PHP, the new Check Box is not sending the variable data correctly.

When "Checked" and submitted, it sends the property-name value as "on" e.g. mycheckbox=on - What it should be sending is the value as set for the "true-value" which would be "1", just as it appears in the checkboxes variable e.g. [mycheckbox]

When "Unchecked" or changed from checked to unchecked, nothing at all gets sent when submitted. Here it should be sending is the value as set for the "false-value" which would be "0"

It seems to me to be acting how the Radio Button does?

This bug is still there in v15.7.3.

Many Thanks
PaulTomo

Postby PaulTomo » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:29 am

Another couple of things to report.

I have found that when previously created test app's are re-compiled with v15.7.3 and then run on an Android Phone or Tablet, that a fault has been introduced to the Dialog feature and any direct input is no longer possible on the forms I have previously created during testing, Text Input, Radio Button, Combo Box selecting etc is no longer possible, when the screen is touched, it's as if there is nothing there to select and when clicking the submit button, nothing happens at all. The only Tool that seems to work with a single touch is a Push Button. I have found that if I press and hold on a Text Input the object does then become active and may be edited but the Radio Button, Combo Box etc do not. However, If tested via the bedugger, Chrome etc, it all seems to work fine.

There is also a bug now on Focus Object, which when previously used, to say clear the value from a Text Input by pressing a Delete button, now no longer brings up the keyboard on the phone as it has been doing ready to start typing in the Text Input object.

If these issues could be fixed and another update posted that would be appreciated as now some of my test app's are broken and as the previous beta has expired, I can't re-install this to get them working again.

Many Thanks
PaulTomo

Postby Neosoft Support » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:10 am

I have notice the HideObject command does not work anymore in this update.

I can't reproduce this here. Does this affect just certain types of objects?

...the new Check Box is not sending the variable data correctly.

Sorry about that. I'll look into it.

I have found that when previously created test app's are re-compiled with v15.7.3 and then run on an Android Phone or Tablet, that a fault has been introduced to the Dialog feature and any direct input is no longer possible on the forms I have previously created during testing, Text Input, Radio Button, Combo Box selecting etc is no longer possible, when the screen is touched, it's as if there is nothing there to select and when clicking the submit button, nothing happens at all. The only Tool that seems to work with a single touch is a Push Button. I have found that if I press and hold on a Text Input the object does then become active and may be edited but the Radio Button, Combo Box etc do not. However, If tested via the bedugger, Chrome etc, it all seems to work fine.

There is also a bug now on Focus Object, which when previously used, to say clear the value from a Text Input by pressing a Delete button, now no longer brings up the keyboard on the phone as it has been doing ready to start typing in the Text Input object.

Strange. I'm not sure what's changed, but I'll look into it.

If these issues could be fixed and another update posted that would be appreciated as now some of my test app's are broken and as the previous beta has expired, I can't re-install this to get them working again.

OK.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby PaulTomo » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:00 am

Thanks for the quick reply.

Not sure if this helps but for the problems I reported earlier I think something must have changed that is only affecting some of the app's functionality but when installed to the Android device via the apk file as I've just notice the PlaySound Action fails now too on an Android Phone. But still works fine in debugger, chrome etc.

I have also tried testing the .exe compile but to start with nothing at all will run on my system? The program shows as running in processes but never actually opens in windows. I created just a simple push button as a test, complied that to an .exe and this does the same. I decided to restart the PC and oddly, the .exe programs then started to run okay. However, the PlaySound Action fails within the .exe also. ( My system is W7 Home SP1 - 64bit OS but I doubt it's down to that)

Liking the new features, will report further issues if I come across any.

Thanks again.
PaulTomo

Postby smmsamm » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:57 pm

Please someone tell me, Is it possible to make responsive html5 and fetching Ajax sqlite database?
smmsamm

Postby luishp » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:19 am

I can't reproduce this here. Does this affect just certain types of objects?

Try to execute the sample app ShowHideEffects.neoapp.
An error is fired whenever you push the Hide/Show Image button

Please someone tell me, Is it possible to make responsive html5 and fetching Ajax sqlite database?

smmsamm, right now responsive design is not supported directly.
If you want to fetch a sqlite database through Ajax it is possible, but you will need some server side code (just like PHP)
luishp

Postby Gaev » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:01 am

luishp:

1) It worked as expected on my machine (Run in Firefox) ... did not see any errors.

2) Difficult to see the "effects" when both options are set to "none".

3) Looked like the Delay command was messing things up ... i.e. there was a a 1500 msec delay after clicking on the button ... then the Hide and Show effects were serviced without any pause between them.

After I commented out the Delay command, I could experience the desired effects immediately.
Gaev

Postby luishp » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:38 am

Now I also think the problem is on the Delay command:

I have recently changed my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 8.
The Delay command worked fine for me until now.
luishp

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:28 am

It's actually the Delay action that's causing the problem here. Try changing the "Hide/Show Image" button's click action to the following:

Code: Select all
HideObject "Image1" "[HideEffect]" 14
BeginJS
$timeout( function(){
EndJS
ShowObject "Image1" "[ShowEffect]" 14
BeginJS
}, 1000 );
EndJS

The Delay action was changed in the previous beta, but it caused problems when used inside If, While and Loop statements. Nearly everything in JavaScript executes asynchronously so it's difficult (maybe impossible) to pause execution of a script. The current incarnation of the Delay action does not appear to work at all.

Do you have an example of this that you want to replicate in NeoAppBuilder?

...when installed to the Android device via the apk file as I've just notice the PlaySound Action fails now too on an Android Phone. But still works fine in debugger, chrome etc.

Did PlaySound work for you with the previous beta?

I have also tried testing the .exe compile but to start with nothing at all will run on my system? The program shows as running in processes but never actually opens in windows. I created just a simple push button as a test, complied that to an .exe and this does the same. I decided to restart the PC and oddly, the .exe programs then started to run okay.

I'm not sure what would cause that unless it has something to do with your AntiVirus app preventing the exe from starting while it's being scanned. If it happens again, try waiting a minute or so and launching the exe manually from Windows Explorer.

However, the PlaySound Action fails within the .exe also.

This appears to have something to do with IE 11 (maybe IE 10 too). It may be some kind of security issue or a registry setting, but the IE 11 browser simply refuses to load audio files. The same exe will load and play audio files perfectly with IE 9. I haven't been able to find a fix, and I've spent a lot of time on this particular problem. (This is partly why there was such a long gap between the last two updates.) If anyone can find a solution let us know.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby luishp » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:33 am

It's actually the Delay action that's causing the problem here

Definitely it is. With your suggested code it works perfect again.
luishp

Postby Gaev » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:44 am

Dave:

Re: Hide and Show sample

Might I suggest that in the download of the next version, you modify the sample App ... to have two buttons ... one to go with the "Hide Options" and another for the "Show Options" ... and perhaps Numeric Inputs for the "Effect Speed" ... so newbies can learn and experiment more easily.
Gaev

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:07 am

Might I suggest that in the download of the next version, you modify the sample App ... to have two buttons ... one to go with the "Hide Options" and another for the "Show Options" ... and perhaps Numeric Inputs for the "Effect Speed" ... so newbies can learn and experiment more easily.

Yes, that might work better.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to General NeoAppBuilder Discussion