Source language: Translate to:

Problem with <iframe>

General questions about NeoAppBuilder - our rapid application development tool for building HTML5, web and mobile apps.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Problem with <iframe>

Postby Palamar » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:35 pm

I've been testing an app I had in mind for the reproduction of < iframes, and noticed that AppBuilder will crash when I put the < iframe on a HeadLine as html . I tried to save it before be branded and by that I broke the file ( it does not open more).

Greetings !
Palamar

Re: Problem with <iframe>

Postby Gaev » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:53 pm

Palamar:

I put the < iframe on a HeadLine as html.

I think this object is meant to be a substitute for tags like ...
Code: Select all
<h1>qwerty</h1>
<h2>asdfg</h2>
<h6>zxcv</h6>

... so perhaps not appropriate place for an < iframe > ... but having said that ... I found some really unexpected results when I placed some < iframe src="...> html directly in the Container object ... while it ran OK, everytime I navigated to this page at build time, it would freeze for long periods ... and often render the design of a previous page ... but code from this page ... etc. etc.

So, I just placed a variable called [thisHTML] in the Container object ... and populated it with a ..
Code: Select all
SetVar [thisHTML] "<iframe src='http://www.scriptedlogic.com/zzold/products_TicTac.htm'  width='700' height='300'></iframe>"

... command ... problem solved.
Gaev

Postby Palamar » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:47 pm

Yes , I saw that I even objects disappear when I want to do it the conventional way ( the < iframe > directly in the container ) . I will try the way you mentioned to see if it is actually correct ( although this is an obvious bug) . From already thank you.
Palamar

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:45 pm

iFrames don't work well when placed inside other tags. We'll add a dedicated iFrame object soon that should alleviate this problem.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Palamar » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:58 pm

thank you Dave!
Palamar

Return to General NeoAppBuilder Discussion