Source language: Translate to:

Image Plugin - Simple drawing pane

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Image Plugin

Postby dirtbag » Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:42 pm

haa... i was not comparing.. i was just wondering... I like the .png format like you said its good..

Dirt
dirtbag

Image Plugin

Postby Ronnie » Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:46 am

One trick for creating a multi-layered PNG is to have the individual PNG images stacked on topof each other as NeoBook allows you to select a transparent color.

As PNG as in BMP is loseless ratser image which is much better than GIF/JPG where there's no loss of data.. and bets of all, no artifacts as seen esp. on JPG images.,
Ronnie

Image Plugin

Postby Ronnie » Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:47 am

One trick for creating a multi-layered PNG is to have the individual PNG images stacked on top of each other as NeoBook allows you to select a transparent color.

PNG as in BMP is loseless raster image which is much better than GIF/JPG where there's no loss of data.. and best of all, no artifacts are seen esp. on JPG images.,

(Edited by Ronnie at 2:48 pm on Oct. 24, 2002)
Ronnie

Image Plugin

Postby Ronnie » Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:47 am

One trick for creating a multi-layered PNG is to have the individual PNG images stacked on topof each other as NeoBook allows you to select a transparent color.

As PNG as in BMP is loseless ratser image which is much better than GIF/JPG where there's no loss of data.. and bets of all, no artifacts as seen esp. on JPG images.,
Ronnie

Image Plugin

Postby HPW » Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:08 pm

Just released hpwImage 1.07:

Action: hpwImageToRTF send an area from the image to an RTF-variable.
HPW

Image Plugin

Postby HPW » Sun Oct 27, 2002 4:04 am

Just released hpwImage 1.08:

Action: hpwImageSaveToFile now supports BMP and JPG.
Action: hpwImageLoadFromFile now supports BMP and JPG.

I have no answer from the PNG-component owner regarding the license. So it has to wait.

(Edited by HPW at 6:04 am on Oct. 27, 2002)
HPW

Image Plugin

Postby HPW » Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:37 am

TPNG License from the help-file:

1.This component should be distributed freely over the internet only when containing the exact same files from the original packaging.

2.Modified files may not be distributed. If you want to contribute with TPNGImage, send the enhancements to the author and if he implements your changes, you will be given the proper credit.

3.The component may be used in commercial projects but may NEVER be sold as source code.

4.Commercial graphics libraries are not allowed to use this component WITHOUT AUTHOR PRIOR AGREEMENT.

5.Credit for the author is required somewhere in the product documentation/or about box/etc for applications distributed over the internet.

6.Source code may be changed since it's not redistributed.

If are about to use the component in a major project which is going to be distributed over the internet, I'd love to know, so please send me an email telling me about.

So how is a 'Commercial graphics libraries' defined?
Is a neobook app a graphics librarie?
HPW

Image Plugin

Postby djold1 » Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:33 am

I would guess that "commercial graphics libaries" are compilations of graphics images that are for sale individually or as a group.  For instance: Corel has some graphics packages for sale.

If NeoBook with an HPW plug-in were used to present these graphics to a prospective buyer as in thumbnails or full PNG images it would only be the carrier or transport or display mechanism for the PNG's and would not have anything to do with the type of image (jpg, png, etc).  The same would be true if the HPW plug-in embedded in the NeoBook browser were distributed with the sale of the graphics libraries.

HPW or NeoSoft is not selling or using the images themselves so they probably don't need a PNG license or permission.

This is not true however of a GIF license as I understand it.

The help file has a friendly tone to it. It might be a good idea to contact them with a description of what you want to do and see what their response is.
djold1

Image Plugin

Postby HPW » Tue Oct 29, 2002 1:49 pm

Just released hpwImage 1.09:

Action: hpwImageSaveToFile now supports TIF.
Action: hpwImageLoadFromFile now supports TIF.
HPW

Image Plugin

Postby HPW » Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:36 am

Just released hpwImage 1.10:

Action: hpwImageSaveToFile now supports PNG.
Action: hpwImageLoadFromFile now supports PNG.
HPW

Image Plugin

Postby Chrissy » Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:07 am

Hi Hans-Peter,

First, I want to say...Great plugin! I really appreciate all of the work that you're putting into these!

If you're still working on this plugin, I was wondering if you'd consider adding support for html index or rgb values to the color choices? (or is this already possible & I'm overlooking it?)

Thanks again, Hans-Peter...terrific work!

Chrissy
Chrissy

Image Plugin

Postby HPW » Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Hello Chrissy,

I have thought about improving the color selection. Therefore I had asked neosoft for a new plugin function to get access to the neobook color picker. I had waited until now, because I hope to see it in the 11.minor update which is in the work now. But I do not definetly know if this will addressed in this release.

I think it will go to RGB values, because this is the standard delphi method to access the colors. I will address it, when I get a little more free time. (In the moment I have heavy deadlines in my job).
HPW

Image Plugin

Postby Chrissy » Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:55 pm

Thanks for your reply, Hans-Peter. No hurry...I know deadlines are a pain.

Here's to hoping for the new plugin function... :c)

Chrissy
Chrissy

Image Plugin

Postby HPW » Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:06 pm

Just released hpwImage 1.11:

Action: hpwImageDelete no more needed, at Shutdown all images are removed.

Of course you can use it, when you want to free memory during program-execution.
HPW

Image Plugin

Postby HPW » Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:59 pm

Just released hpwImage 1.12:

Action: hpwImageFloodFill to fill from a X/Y with a color.
HPW

PreviousNext

Return to PlugIn Discussions