Source language: Translate to:

NeoBookDX VU/Level Meter

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Re: NeoBookDX VU/Level Meter

Postby NeoSergio » Mon May 06, 2013 12:03 pm

Pour ma part, je trouve ces idées géniales. J'ai déjà acheté DX et serait près à ajouter un peu pour une mise à jour 30$ ?
J'ai réalisé un gros (très gros) soft de lecture de mp3 et il me manquait les vu mètres ainsi que les potards rotatifs.
Mais aussi la possibilité de lire des FLACs
Et des outils comme le contrôle du volume automatique et le calcul des BPM
En fin tout ce que fait un soft gratuit comme TRACTOR quoi...
Mais avec le plaisir de le faire soi-même.
Bises à tous

Google Translation:

For my part, I find these great ideas. I purchased DX and would add a little to close to a $ 30 update?
I made a large (very large) soft play mp3 and I missed the VU meters and rotary knobs.
But also the ability to play plops
And tools such as automatic volume control and calculation of BPM
In the end everything is a free app like TRACTOR what ...
But the pleasure of doing it yourself.
Hugs to all
NeoSergio

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue May 07, 2013 9:57 am

...But also the ability to play plops

This may be a problem with the translation, but what are "plops" or "FLACs"?

...And tools such as automatic volume control and calculation of BPM

How would automatic volume control work? Would this require something to be connected to your brain?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby arkzero » Tue May 07, 2013 1:14 pm

he means AVL Auto Volume leveling! and it is just a form of limiting/compression. easy to implement if you are proficient in DSP :?
arkzero

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed May 08, 2013 11:00 am

...easy to implement if you are proficient in DSP

Lots of four letter words come to mind when I think about DSP (digital signal processing), but "easy" isn't one of them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_signal_processor
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby arkzero » Wed May 08, 2013 10:08 pm

lol i know that feeling Dave! when i first started out i was totally lost and tbh i still learn new stuff every day! if there is anything i can help with regarding DSP/audio then i am always happy and willing to be of service! i am atm trying to get Delphi set up with your plugin sdk so that i might bring full audio and audio driver support to Neobook! I have access to Rad studio XE3 and have tried running the examples from the plugin sdk but i get errors thrown! i will list these problems and get back to the community for some advise and take it from there!

Best regards
arkzero

Postby dec » Thu May 09, 2013 12:28 am

Hello,

arkzero wrote:lol i know that feeling Dave! when i first started out i was totally lost and tbh i still learn new stuff every day! if there is anything i can help with regarding DSP/audio then i am always happy and willing to be of service! i am atm trying to get Delphi set up with your plugin sdk so that i might bring full audio and audio driver support to Neobook! I have access to Rad studio XE3 and have tried running the examples from the plugin sdk but i get errors thrown! i will list these problems and get back to the community for some advise and take it from there!

Best regards

It's not possible (at this time) to use a Unicode version of Delphi like XE3 is. NeoBook plugins (actually) can be made only with ANSI Delphi versions.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
58 plugins, 1131 actions and 233 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby HPW » Thu May 09, 2013 1:12 am

It's not possible (at this time) to use a Unicode version of Delphi like XE3 is. NeoBook plugins (actually) can be made only with ANSI Delphi versions.

May be the SDK has to be edited/rewritten that all PChar/String declarations are explicitly set to their Ansi-variants,
so that XE3 can compile neobook 5 compatibel plugins.

Regards
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby dec » Thu May 09, 2013 2:11 am

Hello,

HPW wrote:

May be the SDK has to be edited/rewritten that all PChar/String declarations are explicitly set to their Ansi-variants,
so that XE3 can compile neobook 5 compatibel plugins.

Regards

I never tried, to be honest. In fact, as you know, you can compile a plugin with Delphi XE2, for example, but this plugin is not well recognized by NeoBook later. Anyway, I don't know if can be a good idea to change the arguments declarations: firstly because may this simply not work and secondly because this can cause future problems with a possible NeoBook Unicode version. I never tried Hans... ;)
dec

Postby dec » Thu May 09, 2013 3:05 am

Hello,

I'm trying right now with XE2 and the most simple Delphi plugin sample, just replacing "PChar" by "PAnsiChar" the result is exactly the same: a compiled plugin wich is not well recognized by NeoBook.
dec

Postby HPW » Thu May 09, 2013 3:55 am

Hello David,

I am sure Dave/neosoft can explain us, what is possible and needed to get the newer Delphi Versions compile the current plugins.
I had not tried it myself yet.
For the planned Unicode-SDK on nb6 the game will be anyway competly new.
For a while we plugin-developers will need to support both versions.

Regards
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby dec » Thu May 09, 2013 4:08 am

Hello,

HPW wrote:Hello David,

I am sure Dave/neosoft can explain us, what is possible and needed to get the newer Delphi Versions compile the current plugins.
I had not tried it myself yet.
For the planned Unicode-SDK on nb6 the game will be anyway competly new.
For a while we plugin-developers will need to support both versions.

Regards

Talking about this with Dave some time ago the objective is to make the minimum changes as possible in new Unicode plugins. And, on the other hand, trying to make compatible the ANSI plugins with the NeoBook Unicode version. In certain types of plugins the changes can be only internal if really need. And other types of plugins probably require to take attention with some Unicode possibilities, but probably only if have some good reason to do it.

I really hope the changes are not too radicals, since I have published right now 49 plugins with near of 1000 actions...
dec

Postby arkzero » Thu May 09, 2013 10:48 am

Thank you for that invaluable info guys! i will have a chat with the a few programer friends of mine and see if they can furnish me with the required version of Delphi so i might get started! it is also good to know that there will be a new plugin sdk in the works!

Best Regards
arkzero

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu May 09, 2013 11:09 am

The older ANSI versions of Delphi will be easier for creating Plug-in for the current version of NeoBook. In theory, it should be possible to create a plug-in with the newer Unicode versions of Delphi by recasting String and PChar types to AnsiString and AnsiPChar, but there may be other internal changes to Delphi DLLs that I'm not aware of.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Previous

Return to PlugIn Discussions