Source language: Translate to:

Rotate Buttons Plugin or NeoBook Function ?

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Re: Rotate Buttons Plugin or NeoBook Function ?

Postby UltraVox » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:36 pm

Dave, Thank you very much, but i got NB 5.8.3.
I have to check why I did not update.

Garic,

Really impressive!
It would be very interesting to complete your plugin. :)

The knob existed for at least 100 years in real life...
As Dave said, there is no reason for NeoBook not know. ;)
UltraVox

Postby UltraVox » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Dave,

I updated NB 5.8.4 but, your .pub does not work.
The knob is invisible after compil... Sorry.
UltraVox

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:50 pm

I updated NB 5.8.4 but, your .pub does not work. The knob is invisible after compil... Sorry.

I don't know what to suggest. It works great here. Otherwise, obviously I wouldn't have posted it. :roll:

And IE9 or newer. Does not work on XP.

That's a requirement of this particular knob component. There may be other options that are compatible with XP, etc.

Dave, perhaps is a good idea begin to think on a IE Browser component replacement.
Chromium is a possible via to go, Alberto of Techmedia said he did a plugin with this... Never seen...

It might be an improvement, but it might not. Using a browser other than IE will increase (possibly by a lot) the size of compiled apps. There's also no guarantee that a Chrome-based browser won't also have problems of its own. Chrome does have some annoying bugs.

There was another developer (not Alberto) recently working on a Chrome browser plug-in, but I'm not sure what happened. There may some challenges that we don't know about.

Garic,

A native NeoBook plug-in would definitely be a better solution that my HTML/JavaScript/JQuery hybrid.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Garic » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:04 pm

Dave wrote:A native NeoBook plug-in would definitely be a better solution that my HTML/JavaScript/JQuery hybrid.

Sure plugin better, you can put any image ...
I'm almost finished with it, has remained a part of the interface.
ks
Garic

Postby UltraVox » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:00 am

Neosoft Support wrote:I don't know what to suggest. It works great here. Otherwise, obviously I wouldn't have posted it. :roll:

Dave is a real mystery !

The page Knob1.html displays perfectly in IE and Firefox (local), but does not appear in the EXE.

I want to know if I'm alone... Can anyone try ?

Download Link : http://www.neosoftware.com/software/pub ... xample.zip

If you have an idea, a suggestion... I'm interested !
Thanks all.

UltraVox
UltraVox

Postby UltraVox » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:16 am

A friend just tried your EXE., I gave him also .js and HTML page.

Like me, he does not see the knob in the EXE., But he sees the knob in the index.html page (directly with Firefox).

Strange !
UltraVox

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 am

Here's a compiled version of the JQuery Knob example:

http://www.neosoftware.com/software/pubs/JQueryKnobExample.exe
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby UltraVox » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:43 am

Thank you Dave.

The problem is the same...
My friend and me, do not see the knob. :(

It's really weird !
UltraVox

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:57 am

The exe needs to be able to access the Internet to retrieve JQuery (from http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jq ... ery.min.js). If you're not connected to the Internet or your firewall is preventing the exe from accessing the Internet, then that might explain the problem.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby UltraVox » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:31 am

Neosoft Support wrote:The exe needs to be able to access the Internet to retrieve JQuery (from http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jq ... ery.min.js). If you're not connected to the Internet or your firewall is preventing the exe from accessing the Internet, then that might explain the problem.

Dave, i'm sorry, but the problem lies elsewhere...
We are 4 to encounter the same problem with the EXE.

Need confirmation from someone on this forum, because my three friends can not help us in the same way. Just beta testers...
UltraVox

Re: Rotate Buttons - almost possible natively

Postby dpayer » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:40 am

Neosoft Support wrote:Yes it's 2013! Come on people!

There's no technical reason someone couldn't create a plug-in to do something like this. In the mean time, you could use JavaScript to display a rotating knob inside a browser object:

http://tutorialzine.com/2011/11/pretty-switches-css3-jquery/

I have an idea how to do this with native NB processes but I am missing one item: how do I tell if the mouse button is down? NB buttons will detect a click (down and up) but no native process to determine this state of the mouse.

Also, I can think of a way to work on this goal (rotate button) with drag and drop but a similar problem exists: how do I know when an item has been selected to drag/drop? Of course, visually I can see the item but I cannot form an action based on that condition.

Possible feature request:
I see that the cursor changes when we drag/drop, would it be possible to add a bit of information to the getobjectinfo action so when an item (text or polygon) has been selected to drag (I guess when the drag has started) that we can have a means to act on that info? Example:
Code: Select all
GetObjectInfo "Text5" "SelectedForDragDop" "[selected]"

or automatically set the value of a variable: [SelectedForDragDrop.Text5] to be "True" when the object has been selected.

Thanks for listening.

David P.
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
dpayer

Postby Garic » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:58 am

UltraVox wrote:Do you know of a plugin (or a NeoBook function / easy method) to build Knobs (rotate buttons) ?
I asked for this feature a long time ago, but without success...
I have over 20 knobs to integrate into my application. I'm willing to buy a NeoBook plugin...

UltraVox,

This example is based on plug-ksDial shows how to create a round knob in the object "rectangle" with different settings.
If you want to have this plugin please contact me by e-mail.
An example can be downloaded from this link: Example_ksDialPlus

Garic
ks
Garic

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:07 pm

I tried the JQuery example on some other computers and I couldn't get it work either. Apparently it only works on the computer where it was created. There must be a file or something on that computer that isn't getting compiled. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about JQuery to know what that would be.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby dec » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:11 pm

Hello,

Neosoft Support wrote:I tried the JQuery example on some other computers and I couldn't get it work either. Apparently it only works on the computer where it was created. There must be a file or something on that computer that isn't getting compiled. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about JQuery to know what that would be.

I also tried with such sample and work like expected Dave, using Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9 and the latest NeoBook version.

Enhance your NeoBook applications!
58 plugins, 1131 actions and 233 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby Gaev » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:04 pm

I tried the JQuery example on some other computers and I couldn't get it work either. Apparently it only works on the computer where it was created. There must be a file or something on that computer that isn't getting compiled. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about JQuery to know what that would be.

The HTML code on this page ... http://tutorialzine.com/2011/11/pretty- ... s3-jquery/ ... references a number of Javascript and css files in folders within the sub folder (called assets) of the folder where the HTML file is resident ... so ...

a) the HTML file needs to be extracted to a real folder ... and then rendered in a WebBrowser object from this location

b) the other files need to be extracted to the expected subfolder (assets) ... and its sub folders.

Also, one of the referenced files points to "http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.7.1.min.js" ... so Internet access needs to be available for this to work.

It also exploits the new features of CSS3 ... if you do not have IE9, it uses something from Google ... http://html5shiv.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/html5.js

Bottom line ... may opportunities to fail :(
Gaev

PreviousNext

Return to PlugIn Discussions