Page 4 of 4

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:54 pm
by Wrangler
I unzipped the file and ran the example pub from the plugin directory and it worked fine, so it doesn't sound like a problem with the path to the dll or the tessdata dir, or it wouldn't work for me. Running win7 ultimate 32bit.

Maybe permissions? Or try copying the dll to the system32 dir?

Also, I ran a test on an image with text and graphics. It ocr'ed the graphics as binary symbols. Is there a way to filter out graphics leaving just the text?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:05 pm
by TechMediaPlugins2010
i have to make a research on that

Edit: Tesseract Engine seems don't have document analysis. Maybe I can make some kind of filtering on result to discard non standart chars


Please send me the image to let me check it

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:37 am
by HPW
The only thing that plugin don't work is not finding the tesseract.dll and/or the tessdata folder
Please COMPILE the example pub, put the EXE in a folder
In that folder, put tesseract.dll and the TESSDATA folder, with the files that in the zip so the structure will be


I had done this all.
I am not a beginner in debugging and testing, so it is not that easy reason that it does not work. I tried also to switch region settings without success.
(Standalone EXE from tesseract distribution works for me.)

Since it happens no crashing or other visible problem in the debugger it is hard to tell. Simply nothing happens. There seems some cpu-action and it comes back to neobook, but without any output.

So can you add some log-file/log-variable with a debugging option?
Maybe a variable to turn this on like tmOCRDebugOn.
Then report each successfull step or problem to this log/variable so we can have client-side debugging?
Or make a privat build with such debuging feature and send a download-link for testing.

Does it work for the other user with problems now?
What is the enviroment/country of the other user?

PS: Will there be a command to unload/delete the plugin?

Edit: Also I replaced the Text 'Error variable' in Object Text6 to [Rectangle_Host.tmOCRLastError]. Then I also see that it return from 'RECOGNIZE' with '000 OK'


Regards

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:39 am
by HPW
Just test on my german win7 home premium 64 bit tablet.
There it works!!

Regards,

here it works

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:41 am
by AlfB
hi H.-P.,
on my german win7 -64bit home all works like expected, only some letter combinations e.g. fi are not recognized

ALF

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:14 am
by datadon
Ok, I finally got it working. The problem was the different path in the compiler. Should have checked that sooner. Then I had tweaked several things while trying to fix it and had to get them back to where they were supposed to be. Then it worked.

Very good.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:28 am
by HPW
So has anyone it working on a WIN XP ?

Was it tested on WIN XP?

XP is needed because still the main work-platform for me.

Regards

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:58 am
by TechMediaPlugins2010
Tesseract DLL must be visible for the Neobook App. Best place to put it is in the same folder of Neobook app. Tessdata folder must be on app folder. That is. Works on XP. Tested here.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:11 am
by HPW
Tesseract DLL must be visible for the Neobook App. Best place to put it is in the same folder of Neobook app. Tessdata folder must be on app folder. That is.


It does not get better to repeat this. So I have to repeat that I have done it exactly this way. DLL in folder and subfolder tessdata.

Works on XP

Not here for me. Returns OK but returns no result-var.
So what can be done to fix/debug it?
Something must be different.

Regards

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:44 am
by HPW
More Insights:

I moved the hole path with compiled neo-app to c:\tmp
There I start it again
Now it throws a error:

Der Prozedureinsprungspunkt "FlsSetValue" wurde in der DLL "Kernel32.dll nicht gefunden.

So it find not this entry point.
Then further checking with dependency walker on Tesseract.dll:

Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module.

FlsAlloc+FlsFree+FlsGetValue+FlsSetValue+GetDateFormatEx+GetTickCount64+GetTimeFormatEx+LCMapStringEx are shown red in depends.exe

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 46(v=vs.85).aspx

And here I read that minimum platform is windows vista.

So who has compiled the tesseract.dll with which settings?

Regards

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:51 am
by TechMediaPlugins2010
I have tested it in XP, Vista, Windows 7 an 8. Run just fine. I will refund you on monday. Sorry that it is not working for you.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:55 am
by HPW
Hello,

So you are not trying to fix the tesseract.dll?

I wonder that it is working in your XP and here not.

I also wonder that the tesseract.exe is working here.


Anyway, your decision.

Regards

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:02 am
by TechMediaPlugins2010
I have just make a wrapper. A plugin to interact with OCR TESSERACT ENGINE. It is working for 5 of the 6 donators. Sorry can't work for you. I wil refund you on monday, the first business day from now. I have tested in 9 computers that i have in my office. A lot of different OS and configurations. All work fine.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:40 am
by HPW
I wil refund you on monday...


No need for this.
For now I have it working in WIN 7.
I may have more use for it when moving up from XP sometime.
So I want to leave it in my toolbox.

Regards