Source language: Translate to:

Looking for plug-in developer$

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Looking for plug-in developer$

Postby smokinbanger » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi all!

First I'm not even sure if this is allowed on the forum so if not please let me know!

I'm looking for someone who can create a plugin for me that should have two actions. Price must be reasonable.

The first action should open a Print Setup Dialog and allow the user to select a printer as well as paper sizes and maybe some other options too. Then when the user closes the dialog it will save the selected settings to a file. This action will usually be used in a "Settings" page in the pub.

The second action will read the saved file and reload the settings so that when a "Print Page" action is used the user won't have to re select the settings every time. This action will usually be used just prior to a "PrintPage" action.

As an example of what I'm looking for check out this link:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxbcl/thread/0ba6b78a-dc9a-41cd-9391-5b671d07afa2

In post #4 by JohnWein, the answer, it uses a Visual Basic form to accomplish this. Button 1 raises the Printer Settings Dialog then saves the setting to a file. Button 3 reloads the saved settings to be used for printing. Button 2 is only used to show the print dialog to verify that the settings have been reloaded correctly.

So if someone can do this same thing in a plugin so that the saved print settings will be used for printing it would be very useful. PM me with a price or post any questions you may have here.

Thanks!
smokinbanger

Postby TechMediaPlugins2010 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:30 am

I can put this function in my tmPrintSys 4.0 plugin as a standard method.
Advanced Plugins for NeoBook
www.techmedia-plugins.com.br
TechMediaPlugins2010

Postby David de Argentina » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:52 am

Try my old printer plugin.

http://specialapps.software-zone.com/fi ... rinter.zip

As all settings are [variables], you can read/save them using registry, databases, text files, or SaveVariables & LoadVariables actions, in order to handle printing values.

Don't use ae_Printer_Print_RTF function, does not work properly.

I hope this plugin were enough good for you

Greetings from Buenos Aires,
David de Argentina
David de Argentina

Postby smokinbanger » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:00 am

TechMediaPlugins2010 wrote:I can put this function in my tmPrintSys 4.0 plugin as a standard method.

That would be great! Let us know when you do. I'm currently using the demo version of tmPrintSys 4.0 but don't see those functions in there so let us know when you have it updated.

Try my old printer plugin.

http://specialapps.software-zone.com/fi ... rinter.zip

As all settings are [variables], you can read/save them using registry, databases, text files, or SaveVariables & LoadVariables actions, in order to handle printing values.

Don't use ae_Printer_Print_RTF function, does not work properly.

I hope this plugin were enough good for you

Greetings from Buenos Aires,
David de Argentina

Thanks! I'll give it a try and let you know if it works!
smokinbanger

Postby smokinbanger » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:41 am

David de Argentina,

I tried that NeoPrinter plugin but how do I change orientation and paper size? I see in the example pub that you have created a comb box for them, but making a selection has no effect on the output of the printer. What am I missing?
smokinbanger

Postby David de Argentina » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Plugin was originally developed in order to support print images.

If you click the button "Print BMP" on the pink rectangle, you could apply all settings in order to print images.

I tested this plugin on XP SP3 and works fine.

For text or RTF files, use the Worpad Engine or NeoBook's PrintTextFile action directly.

My devaluated cent,
David de Argentina
David de Argentina

Postby smokinbanger » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:27 pm

Bump. Still looking for a plugin that will accomplish this.
Plugin was originally developed in order to support print images.

This might work if I was able to save the neobook page to a bmp file first. I couldn't find anything in the resource center, maybe I just missed it...
smokinbanger

Return to PlugIn Discussions