Source language: Translate to:

New npDraw NeoPlugin for NeoBook

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

New npDraw NeoPlugin for NeoBook

Postby dec » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi to all!

This plugin allow you to put one or more Draw objects attached on NeoBook rectangles. You can use the canvas of this objects to draw individual pixels, lines, chord, pie, rectangles, rounded rectangles, frames, polygons, cubic Beziers, text and more.

More than 50 actions allowing you to get and set Pen position color, mode, style and width; get and set Brush color, style and bitmap; get and set fonts (previously installed on the system). In fact, this plugin allow you to create or modify bitmaps programatically.

You can download the npDraw from here.
Last edited by dec on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
58 plugins, 1131 actions and 233 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby datadon » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Very nice David! I will have to budget for it, but will buy one day. Lots of features!

Perhaps?

I am looking for someway to measure on a pdf file. Something like this:

If I open a pdf file (a layout drawing for example) and the drawing has a scale shown on it. It is a graphic scale, most have them today.

If I could draw a line on the scale and get the pixel length of the line I could do some math and be able to scale items on the drawing.

Lets say the line 500 pixels long, and that is shown on the drawing to be 50 meters. If I draw another line and it is 750 pixels long then I know it is 75 meters long for example.

I could really use that feature. Does this plugin have any of that capability? Just asking.
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
datadon

Postby dec » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi Donald,

I'am sorry, but the plugin don't have the capability to deal with PDF files, but with BMP canvas and files. I'll try sometimes to make a plugin to deal with PDF files, understanding that can be a good thing, but, unfortunatelly PDF files are very complex, and under all you need to deal with a propietary format, which is constanstly updated and changed. Not to much components to deal with PDF files, and some of them to much expensive, of course under my point of view.

On the other hand you need to know the PDF documents in a better way, in order to implement using this or another component. And unfortunately I cannot know this, like millions of other things. So I'll very happy when can say something like "No problem, here is a solution", but, not all the time I can do it. So I'am sorry so much Donald, but, at this time I can't offer you one good solution. I remember Alberto Meyer have a PDF plugin, and maybe you can try with this.

On the other hand, npDraw is intended to be usefull in many ways. I can imagine a NeoBook publication which can prepare graphics, bitmaps, containing the appropiate art and text to represent a good "presentation cart", for example, ready to be printed. Or in situations that needed to modify some bitmap images, adding to them some text or other figure, images, etc. And of course I hope other NeoBookers can found on npDraw other possible useful uses. ;)
dec

Postby Luiz Alfredo » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:23 pm

This Plugin can be very useful. Some more actions and we can have all we need for a Graphic Design Tool.

Congratulations Dec.
L.A.G.M.
Luiz Alfredo

Postby dec » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Thank you very much Luiz! ;)
dec

Postby dec » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi there!

8)
dec

Postby cp4w » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:47 am

Running widows 7 64bit and
Code: Select all
npDrawLoadFont

causes the pub to hang
cp4w

Postby dec » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:03 am

Hi Steven,

Can you provide me a sample publication? However, I know this action can cause some problem in some systems. Why? Because this action try to load a font in a dynamic way, using some undocumented Windows API function. So, maybe it's a good idea to remove this actions from the plugin, since the plugin run well using the system installed fonts.

I include this actions (to load and unload font) in principle for two reasons:

1º Offer a good feature: use a font whitout need to installing first

2º Run well on my Windows 7 32, and therefore the possible error can be catched *

But, if you say that a publication crash... this is a big error to me. So, maybe I directly remove this feature on a next plugin update, eliminating this undocumented feature. And what next? Next you need to use one of the system installed fonts. Installing some new if you need.

For the other hand, maybe you can explain a litle more about the problem (don't forget to provide me a sample publication) if is possible, in order to try to solve the problem. But,... I think this is because the undocumented functions are not availables on all systems, so, maybe the best idea is to remove this feature.

Also is possible that the action fail with some fonts and not with another. For this I claim for a sample publication, and also ask you if you are trying with the plugin samples and the plugin included samples or with your own fonts. And what type of fonts you are using.

* I say the error can be catched since this action need to return the name of the loaded font, if everything is OK, or "False" if not.
dec

Postby cp4w » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:58 am

I am using the textout sample pub and it hangs on that command.
cp4w

Postby dec » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:06 am

Hi there,

Well. Finally I decide to remove the "load and unload" fonts actions and add a new action which retrieve the system installed fonts. At the least this can be problematic like Steven shown above. The new plugin release is on the air and available to be updated or downloaded.

I apologize for any possible inconvenience. :roll:
dec

Return to PlugIn Discussions