Source language: Translate to:

About visual controls from NeoBook plugins

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

About visual controls from NeoBook plugins

Postby dec » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:20 am

Hi to all,

For long time ago I try to add visual controls to NeoBook from a plugin. That is, for example, to put a "Checklistbox", a "Treeview", a "RichEdit", etc., attached to a rectangle object in a NeoBook publication page. In fact I make some plugins that add this kind of objects, like npShow, npGrid, npPlot, and some others, but, in other cases I get wrong results, for example, not all controls events are fired propertly.

If few words, and just for example, if I try to add a RichEdit attaching it to a NeoBook rectangle, I cant get their "OnChange" event. The same with some others events, like "OnUrlLink", etc. Others events work propertly, like "OnClick". Additionally, others controls can loss their "OnClick" event, but preserve others, so its difficult to found a rule on this: just some controls work, and some controls not.

Why happen this? And how to get a possible solution? I think someone (the rectangle, the rectangle parent,...) dont send the appropiate messages in order to continue the events chain. So, for example, the rectangle catch the message and dont send to their childs the appropiate message, and because this the controls attached to the rectangle not receive the appropiate message.

Anyone found this kind of problems? And a possible "general" solution?

Thanks in advance!
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:10 am

Hi David,

I haven't had any problems using events with plug-in objects. The trick (at least when using Delphi) is to place components on a form then attach the form to the NeoBook rectangle. Many components will not work properly unless they are placed on a form.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby dec » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:17 am

Hi,

Hum. A good point. I tried this when have some time. Thanks! :)
dec

Postby dec » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:32 am

Hi,

Just to say that, in fact, I test with a control that appear a bit "rare" when directlry attach to a Rectangle Object, using a form like you suggest, and everything work like a charm. So the control appear exactly what I expect. ;)

Thanks again!
dec

Return to PlugIn Discussions