Source language: Translate to:

dec_zip in commercial project

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

dec_zip in commercial project

Postby chromebandit » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:26 pm

Hello i would like to know if the plugin: dec_zip 1.4 can be used in commercial projects?

Regards
chromebandit

Postby dec » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Hi,

Can be used, but not recommended. I recommend you to use npZips or another plugin.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby smartmedia » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Hi..

Why ??? Is something wrong with those plugin ? If they are any issues (compatibility - NB version ) please inform us.
smartmedia

Postby dec » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:43 pm

Hi,

smartmedia wrote:Hi..

Why ??? Is something wrong with those plugin ? If they are any issues (compatibility - NB version ) please inform us.

Nothing wrong with the plugin (I wrote), but...

1º You prefer to use a plugin released years ago, instead a plugin released just few days ago?

2º You prefer to use an unsupported plugin instead a supported and currently developed plugin?

3º You prefer to use a plugin writen years ago (less better code) instead a plugin writen right now (more better code)?

4º You prefer to use a plugin with less features instead a plugin with more features and to much modern approach?

5º Finally, by 29,95$ (or less), you prefer to use, in a comercial publication, my very old zip plugin, instead my new zip plugin?

Ok. Go ahead. But I still recommend to use npZips or another instead. You decide!
dec

Postby andybrock » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:49 am

If its a commercial program then you want to only use fully supported stuff in my opinion. npzips is under $30 and buying it supports the developer. If your project isn't going to make that tiny investment back uber quick then its not commercial :roll:

Andy

P.S. npzips is a fantastic plugin, no disrespect to other zip plugins (I own another commercial one), npzips is fast, full featured and compact. I'd say npzips is the best zip plugin available for Neobook. I've already deployed it in two commercial applications with a third on the way and I've just updated another that previously used a different zip plugin, converting it to npzips and its improved performance. And its UNDER $30... "No Brainer!"
andybrock

Postby chromebandit » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:44 am

Thank you for the answer dec :wink:

i was wondering why it says in the licence:

1) This applies to both end-users and developers.

2) You must not charge money for the dlls.

but when i include the dlls in my software iam charging money because my software isnt free or am i wrong?

Regards
chromebandit

Postby dec » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:50 am

Hi,

You can charge money for your work, not the DLLs.

But I dont know if you want to use the plugin or what. :roll:
dec

Postby dec » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:27 am

andybrock wrote:(...) npzips is a fantastic plugin, no disrespect to other zip plugins (I own another commercial one), npzips is fast, full featured and compact. I'd say npzips is the best zip plugin available for Neobook. I've already deployed it in two commercial applications with a third on the way and I've just updated another that previously used a different zip plugin, converting it to npzips and its improved performance. And its UNDER $30... "No Brainer!"

Thanks Andy! :)
dec

Return to PlugIn Discussions