Source language: Translate to:

superwebbrowser requests

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

superwebbrowser requests

Postby TechMediaPlugins2010 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:07 am

I am putting final touchs on Super Web browser plugin. Please post here your requests for this plugins (some people with all plugins deals will get it first), so i have some time to implement suggestions, if it is not present on it already. It will expose almost aall IE properties and methods.

Best regards
Advanced Plugins for NeoBook
www.techmedia-plugins.com.br
TechMediaPlugins2010

Postby andybrock » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:21 am

The biggest thing for me would be to handle form filling more fully. Your old web browser plugin came close but the following things are what I'm hoping for:

1) Get the names of the elements in a page (so the various form objects can be identified).
2) Be able to set the values of form objects based on their name or position (because sometimes elements dont seem to have unique names) or ID.
3) Be able to "click" form buttons by name/id.
4) Be able to trigger javascript in the browser like you can with the standard neobook browser.
5) Be able to scrape data. For example get all the content between two points or scrape into an array all the content that meet a critera, so you could build an array of all the text on a page that falls between <h1> tags, or all the links that are in a table, etc.
6) Be able to get focus on any element on a page and then send key strokes to it including special keys like {tab}, {down arrow}, etc.
7) Be able to configure proxy server settings.
8) Be able to set the browser user agent.
9) Ability to save images from the page.
10) Be able to select all text between two markers and copy to the clipboard.
11) Being able to fill in login boxes on sites that need authentication. Like for example how on your site the subscriber area pops up authentication box.

Have you seen the web developer addon for the firefox browser? That would give you some good ideas too. If you go to a page with a form and use the "view form information" from the forms menu it breaks down all the form elements by ID, index, etc. Being able to access those things by those references would cover loads. http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/

Here are some posts from the internet section of things that mention some of these things...

http://www.neosoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17865
http://www.neosoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18240

Andy
andybrock

Postby TechMediaPlugins2010 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:47 am

Some of the requests area already available. I will try to implement the other ones.
TechMediaPlugins2010

Postby andybrock » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:37 am

For further inspiration take a look at what this does: http://watin.org/

Andy
andybrock

Postby dpayer » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:53 am

andybrock wrote:5) Be able to scrape data. For example get all the content between two points or scrape into an array all the content that meet a critera, so you could build an array of all the text on a page that falls between <h1> tags, or all the links that are in a table, etc.

10) Be able to select all text between two markers and copy to the clipboard.

Andy

Andy, these two are of interest to me. I call them the "gulp" function. Many times when dealing with text (be it HTML / XML, data sets, etc) you want to grab all content between two markers. It is possible with native functions but you have to swap the whole string out to a variable many times over as you need to start at a specific point for the next "gulp" of text.

This would be good for Alberto's component but also as a string function utility on its own.

David Payer
dpayer

Postby andybrock » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:11 am

What is the estimated release date for Super Web Browser?

Andy
andybrock

Postby TechMediaPlugins2010 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:19 am

no dates
TechMediaPlugins2010

Return to PlugIn Discussions