Source language: Translate to:

New npTime NeoPlugin for Neobook

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

New npTime NeoPlugin for Neobook

Postby dec » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:12 am

Hi to all!

This plugin allow you to get the measure execution of your publication source code in an easy way. Simply use the Profiler Timers that you want and get a lot of information around the source code execution. Each Profiler Timers provide a lot information.

The number of times that the timer was activated (hit count), the total execution time, the average execution time on each hit, execution time on the first hit, execution time on the last hit, the hit with minimum execution time and the hit with maximum execution time.

You can download the npTime from here.

Thank you!
Last edited by dec on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Re: New npTime NeoPlugin for Neobook

Postby NeoScripter » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:50 pm

dec wrote:(hit count)
Eh, do you mean tick count? Also; how is the timing accuracy, have you used a standard Delphi timer or "GetTickCount"? If so, you may consider adding support for high-resolution timing on systems that support "QueryPerformanceCounter", which has much greater accuracy than "GetTickCount" and Delphi's timer.
"I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man." - Zhūangzi
NeoScripter

Postby dec » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:06 pm

Hi,

A "hit count" meanly the times that a timer is started, in other words, the times that certain code is measured. For the other hand, the plugin use high-resolution timers, not standard Delphi timers.

I based my work on the excellent Profiler Component writen by one of the best Delphi programmers I know, Kambiz R. Khojasteh, if you look for more information. :)

Thanks for comment!
Last edited by dec on Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dec

Postby NeoScripter » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:33 pm

dec wrote:"hit count" meanly the times that a timer is started, in other words, the times that certain code is measured.
I am aware of what you meant, I just believe this is normally called the timer tick count.
dec wrote:For the other hand, the plugin use high-resolution timers, not standard Delphi timers.
Awesome, I just peeked through the Profiler.pas source and saw that it used QueryPerformanceFrequency/Counter.
"I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man." - Zhūangzi
NeoScripter

Postby dec » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Hi!

NeoScripter wrote:I am aware of what you meant, I just believe this is normally called the timer tick count.

I understand well the "Hit count" in this case. For the "system tick count" I understand: "[...] the number of milliseconds that have elapsed since the system was started [...]" But here we are talking about the "times that a source code piece (and a timer) has been executed and measured".

NeoScripter wrote:Awesome, I just peeked through the Profiler.pas source and saw that it used QueryPerformanceFrequency/Counter.

You're right: when is possible.

Edit: Yes, maybe you refer to a "Timer Tickcount" and not the "System Tickcount", but for this same reason maybe this are confused (I've confused myself above!). So I prefer "Hit count", at least the Kambiz choice.
dec

Postby NeoScripter » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:46 pm

dec wrote:Edit: Yes, maybe you refer to a "Timer Tickcount" and not the "System Tickcount", but for this same reason maybe this are confused (I've confused myself above!). So I prefer "Hit count", at least the Kambiz choice.
Haha, that is exactly what I meant. I guess it is a matter of opinion.
NeoScripter

Postby dec » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi,

Yes, you're right. :)
dec

Return to PlugIn Discussions