Source language: Translate to:

Best position for actions properties forms

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Best position for actions properties forms

Postby dec » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:50 am

Hi Delphi developers!

In this thread, Scherzkeks said that "All Plugin-Dialogs are centered with Dual monitor. Should be centered on one Monitor ", refering to my plugin actions properties dialogs.

Well, I dont have a second monitor in order to test this issue, but know that here is some excellent plugin's developers that uses Delphi and can help me.

In fact I use the "poDesktopCenter" value for the "Position" form property in the base form for all plugins dialogs.

I remember that I use this properties for one reason, but I cant remember exactly why at this time.

So, another value for this property is more indicated? Maybe "poOwnerFormCenter"? Best of "poMainFormCenter"?

Any help is appreciated. Many thanks in advance!
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
58 plugins, 1131 actions and 233 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Re: Best position for actions properties forms

Postby NeoScripter » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:20 am

dec wrote:I remember that I use this properties for one reason, but I cant remember exactly why at this time.
I think that when using "poDesigned"/etc the editor form can behave oddly.
dec wrote:So, another value for this property is more indicated? Maybe "poOwnerFormCenter"?Many thanks in advance!
You shouldn't have any problems with "poOwnerFormCenter", unless you have a rather large editor form and the user has their NeoBook window in an odd position.

If you want the form to be centered relative to the primary screen on a dual monitor, you can use the code below;
Code: Select all
procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin
Form1.Left := Trunc((GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN) / 2) - (Form1.Width / 2));
Form1.Top := Trunc((GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN) / 2) - (Form1.Height / 2));
end;

I recommend using "poDesktopCenter" and then executing the code above for every form's "FormCreate" event, this will have the effect that you desire.
NeoScripter

Postby dec » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:06 am

Hi!

Thanks for your reply NeoScripter. I think that selecting the appropiate value for the form position property can be do this without the use of other code like you show. Fortunatelly, if the solution is that, I have a base form, that alll other forms inherits, so only one "OnCreate" event must be used.

The problem is that I not have another monitor to try. And just not use two monitor in my live. So I cant understand the behaviour when two monitors are used. But I think that the Neobook window is in one monitor and not in other. So, why I cant to center the forms on the Neobook Window? Like when you use only one monitor.

Thanks in any case for your answer NeoScripter!
dec

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:19 am

I usually set the form's DefaultMonitor property to "dmActiveForm", although it is unclear if this has any affect on forms created by plug-ins. I then set the Position property to "poOwnerFormCenter". Finally, I create a new copy of the form each time it is needed using the following code:

MyForm := TMyForm.CreateParented( GetActiveWindow );
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby dec » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi to all!

Well. So I finally change the "poDesktopCenter" to "poOwnerFormCenter". Every other I do the same that NeoSoftware: "DefaultMonitor" to "dmActiveForm" (the default value) and when create a form (just when needed, and destroy just after) use the "CreateParented" with "GetActiveWindow" argument. I hope this finally solved the issue mentioned by Scherzkeks.

Thanks very very much!
dec

Return to PlugIn Discussions