Source language: Translate to:

New npWave NeoPlugin for Neobook

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

New npWave NeoPlugin for Neobook

Postby dec » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:53 am

Hi to all!

With this plugin you can treat with WAVE files from your publications. For example, you can play and record WAVE files in an easy way, taking all controll of the proccess, and get notifying for all player and recorder events.

You can play WAVE files to all of availables system output devices, and also you can record WAVE files from all availables system devices, not only from a microphone, for example you can record WAVE files from the computer sound cards.

You can download the npWave from here.

Thank you!
Last edited by dec on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
58 plugins, 1131 actions and 233 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Feedback

Postby Scherzkeks » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:33 am

I tested the Functions and can give you some Feedback

- All Plugin-Dialogs are centered with Dual monitor. Should be centered on one Monitor
- npOnPlayerLevel does not work with 24 bit Wav Files.
- Exit the Publication without stoping the Wav playing, results in Neobook meaning the Pub is running and have to be restarted.
- To get the maximum lenght from a track you must use "npOnPlayerActivate" wich results in stuttering if you move the Pub or loose/get Focus. Sometimes no Lenght will given for the First time, also this Subroutine seems to be triggered often
- a defect Wav File is not detected.

Functions wich would be nice.
- Loop Option (seamless Looping)
- Option to Set the Player Position
- SetVolume
- SetBalance
- SetRate (Audio sample rate in Hertz, Pitching)
- Number of channels (Mono=1, Stereo=2).
- Resolution (8, 16, 24 bit).
- length formatted as: hours : minutes : seconds : milliseconds.
- Wave subformat (PCM, MPEG, etc.)

What are the Capabilities from the Audio Engine, e.g. Samplerate, Bit....?
Scherzkeks

Re: Feedback

Postby dec » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:15 am

Hi Scherzkeks,

I tested the Functions and can give you some Feedback

Thanks for your feedback and comments.

- All Plugin-Dialogs are centered with Dual monitor. Should be centered on one Monitor

Hum... because I cant test this issue, because I not have two monitor at this momment, I dont know what to say. I think that I can try with some dialogs properties at all.

Ops. I dont know if this is a limitation of the component that I use, although I not found nothing in the documentation. Can you attach here a 24 bits WAVE and let me to try with it?

- Exit the Publication without stoping the Wav playing, results in Neobook meaning the Pub is running and have to be restarted.

Yes. I know this. And try to solve without the use of the "Stop" action. But I cannot found a right solution yet and the case is that Stopping (the currently active) is not a problem, like you can see in the plugin samples. However I can study this issue in more detail.

- To get the maximum lenght from a track you must use "npOnPlayerActivate" wich results in stuttering if you move the Pub or loose/get Focus.

Move the pub? Lost the focus? I dont understand, because the "npOnPlayerActivate" is a subroutine that is executed yes or yes, even if the publication cannot the focus or is move... In any case, is possible to make some action to get the WAVE length without the use of "npOnPlayerActivate". Just I thing this is a good event to situate the WAVE lenght value. But I can reconsiderer this.

Sometimes no Lenght will given for the First time, also this Subroutine seems to be triggered often

I think not. I say that this subroutine must be execute one time, or more than one time, but ever with the "selected" WAVE file, so proporcionating the same WAVE length. But I can test this more accurate: maybe some I made some mistake on it.

And no error is found? The action result is "True"? I think not, because before start a WAVE playing the plugin test if is it valid and not empty, and in other case the action dont reproduce the file and return false. Maybe I can add some action to test if a WAVE file is valid or not in any case.

Functions wich would be nice.

Well, as you can see, not all possible plugin actions as been put in the first plugin release. In any case I appreciate your sugestions.

At the first time I think that can be made using Neobook. However, I think on this.

- Option to Set the Player Position)

This is absolutely possible, but, like other things, can be implemented in some various ways. So I must to decide what can be one of the best implementation. Another action to start a WAVE file with certain position? One action to directly set the position of a playing WAVE file? I need to think on this.

- SetVolume
- SetBalance
- SetRate (Audio sample rate in Hertz, Pitching)

I say the same that the last suggestion. In fact I think already on this, but need more time and work to study how to procced. For example, not all devices supports this features, so is possible to more actions are needed to test first if a device can do this or not. This is an implementation that must be considerer in order to make something good.

- Number of channels (Mono=1, Stereo=2).
- Resolution (8, 16, 24 bit).
- Wave subformat (PCM, MPEG, etc.)

You cant choose this by selecting the appropiate PCM format? I suppose yes but I dont know. Is normal because I dont not an expert of WAVE files. So I need more time to study it and find an appropiate work on it, if is possible to do.

- length formatted as: hours : minutes : seconds : milliseconds.

This is possible too, and the amazing component that I use contemplate this. In fact I know that you can do this with Neobook, but the plugin can do more fast and is possible to do, so I think in add the appropiate arguments in the "OnPlayerPOsition" and "OnRecordPosition" actions.

What are the Capabilities from the Audio Engine, e.g. Samplerate, Bit....?

Is possible to get the device supported capabilities, and set it when support. But I repeat my first words: this is a first release of the plugin, and I can add more actions and make better with the past of time. But yes, the component allow to know the device capabilities and WAVE details and we incorporate to the plugin with the time.

For example, also is possible to add to the plugin actions in order to work with WAVE files: change their volume, crop files, copy, delete (certain parts), etc. So I just need some time to incorporate to the plugin. But I cant promisse that I do this today or tomorrow.

Well, after all I hope you can finally to reproduce WAVE files and recording WAVE files with the plugin. ;)

Thanks in any case for your appreciation, comments, feedback and sugestions, I take note of this Scherzkeks.
dec

Postby Scherzkeks » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:29 pm

Here the link to download a Samplepack with
these Samples included (short made seamless Loops)

16bit_11025kHz
16bit_192000kHz
16bit_22050kHz
16bit_32000kHz
16bit_44100kHz
16bit_48000kHz
16bit_88200kHz
16bit_96000kHz
24bit_11025kHz
24bit_192000kHz
24bit_22050kHz
24bit_32000kHz
24bit_44100kHz
24bit_48000kHz
24bit_88200kHz
24bit_96000kHz
Defect (corrupted File) does not load in normal Player

http://www.scherzkeks.ch/download/Sampl ... 000kHz.zip

Size: 52MB

- To get the maximum lenght from a track you must use "npOnPlayerActivate" wich results in stuttering if you move the Pub or loose/get Focus.
> With correct Setup from all Subroutines it works :-)

> And no error is found? The action result is "True"? I think not, because before start a WAVE playing the plugin test if is it valid and not empty,
and in other case the action dont reproduce the file and return false. Maybe I can add some action to test if a WAVE file is valid or not in any case.
>> See attached defect.wav

> The Neobook DX has a loop Option, but not seamless, see Thread http://www.neosoftware.com/forum/viewto ... highlight=

- Option to Set the Player Position)
> This is absolutely possible, but, like other things, can be implemented in some various ways. So I must to decide what can be one of the best implementation. Another action to start a WAVE file with certain position? One action to directly set the position of a playing WAVE file? I need to think on this.
>> It seems the Plugin does load the hole File to the RAM, best would be to work with the current file, since loading a new file will take some time.

- You cant choose this by selecting the appropiate PCM format? I suppose yes but I dont know. Is normal because I dont not an expert of WAVE files.
So I need more time to study it and find an appropiate work on it, if is possible to do.
> Each Sample can have different Settings. ths has nothing to do with the soundcard settings. Wiki has most important Infos about Wave Files http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAV

in any case an interesting Plugin
Scherzkeks

Postby dec » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi Scherzkeks,

When I play the "defect" WAVE I can get the error in "OnPlayerError" subroutine. However, the "npWavePlayerStart" action result variable is "True" and I think this can be solved. I try it.

For the rest of things I can think that I investigate about your sugestion, comments, etc. I really appreciate it because can point to me in a right path. Just stand by from news about npWave NeoPlugin future updates.

Thanks very much!

Update: If fix the issue with defect WAVE files. Now the plugin action result is "False" and the apropiate Windows Last Error is set. You can download the updated plugin here.
Last edited by dec on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
dec

Postby Tony Kroos » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:44 pm

you may add mp3 or ogg compression for recording (as an option)
Tony Kroos

Postby dec » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:24 am

Hi,

Tony Kroos wrote:you may add mp3 or ogg compression for recording (as an option)

Is a possibility. Thanks for your comment.

P.S. Just now I add a new "npWavePlayerPosition" (see Player plugin sample) and make some other minor changes.
dec

Return to PlugIn Discussions