Source language: Translate to:

NeoHideWindow 0.2 Released

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeoHideWindow 0.2 Released

Postby NeoScripter » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:44 pm

NeoHideWindow (v. 0.2.0)

NeoHideWindow gives NeoBook developers the ability to hide and show application windows by either their class-name or title, in addition to being able to hide and show external windows, this plug-in also contains a convenient command which allows you to hide your application's window, or it's icon on the taskbar. The plug-in is also rather compact, weighing in at only 189 KB for design-time and 20 KB for the run-time version. NeoHideWindow is also completely free-to-use, all I ask is that you consider making a small donation, if you appreciate this plug-in. If you are interested; you may view the plug-in commands, along with their uses and examples below.

NeoHideWindow
Finds a window by its title or class-name and hides it. To show a window, you can use the NeoShowWindow command.

Usage:
NeoHideWindow "Find Window By" "Window Class-name/Title"

Examples:
NeoHideWindow "Title" "NeoBook 5"
Hides the NeoBook designer window, by it's window-title .

NeoHideWindow "Class-name" "Progman"
Hides the Windows desktop window (Progman), by class-name.

NeoShowWindow

Finds a window by its title or class-name and makes it visible. If you would like to hide a window you can use the opposite command; NeoHideWindow.

Usage:
NeoShowWindow "Find Window By" "Window Class-name/Title"

Examples:
NeoShowWindow "Title" "NeoBook 5"
Shows the NeoBook designer window, by its window-title.

NeoShowWindow "Class-name" "Progman"
Shows the Windows desktop window (Progman), by class-name.

NeoNBVisibility
This command can be used to either hide or show your application's window, and/or its icon on the taskbar.

Usage:
NeoNBVisibility "0/1" "0/1" "Hidden/Visible"

Examples:
NeoNBVisibility "1" "1" "Hidden"
Hides the application window and its icon on the taskbar.

NeoNBVisibility "1" "0" "Hidden"
Hides just the application window.

Apparently, my previous exe-packer generated quite a few false-positives, so I have uploaded a UPX-packed version of the plug-in and added virus scans below.

NeoHideWindow.nbp
Result: 0/42 (0.0%)

NeoHideWindow.nbr
Result: 2/43 (4.6%)

Download: NeoHideWindow.zip - 205 KB

Archive Contents:
NeoHideWindow.nbp - 189 KB
NeoHideWindow.nbr - 20 KB
NeoHideWindow Sample.pub - 5 KB
NeoHideWindow Help.chm - 13 KB

TrendMicro and TrendMicro-HouseCall picked up "PAK_Generic.005," I can assure you that these are false-positives and are only showing up because of the UPX-packing.
Oddly enough, the false-positives only show on the run-time version, so a temporary workaround may be to use the .nbp rather than .nbr.

I shall submit the plug-in to TrendMicro as soon as their file reevaluation website comes back online, this will hopefully result in it being removed from their virus definition database.

Revision History:
Monday, February 27, 2012:

Version 0.2 Released - Packed the plug-in with UPX rather than MCompress, in order to eliminate false-positives. The design-time plug-in is a bit bigger, though (only 15 KB).

Monday, February 20, 2012:
Version 0.2 Released - The plug-in has been re-written, and there is now a command specifically for hiding the NeoBook window.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011:
Version 0.1 Released - There are two commands as of now.

License: Freeware
Last edited by NeoScripter on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:00 am, edited 7 times in total.
NeoScripter

Postby NeoScripter » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:39 pm

70mach1 wrote:Well I checked the plugin file and there seem to be references to Delphi files that are not part of the plugin.

I downloaded two of the dll's, but can't find the two .bpl files that are referenced. I'll probably download a copy of Delphi to grab those files and see if the plugin will install.

With the two dll's I added to the plugin folder it changed the error that was listed.
Fixed. Also; NeoHide was not made with Delphi ;)
NeoScripter

Postby NeoScripter » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:11 pm

70mach1 wrote:Well then that's probably why adding those dll's didn't work. :oops:
Actually, if you added all of the needed .bpls along with the .dlls it would have worked.
NeoScripter

NeoHideWindow Update 2

Postby NeoScripter » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:48 am

NeoHideWindow has been updated (finally!) to version 0.2. The plug-in is now much smaller and includes a new function that will make hiding NeoBook applications much easier than before. Normally I would not bump this topic, but this release also contains a fix for a rare, user-induced bug. You may download the new release here, enjoy.
"I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man." - Zhūangzi
NeoScripter

Postby smartmedia » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:47 am

Hi,

Thanks man, very useful in some cases..
smartmedia

Postby aguilar955 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Thanks antivirus Avira detects TR / Crypt.XPACK.Gen [trojan] and I can not use it.
aguilar955

Postby smartmedia » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi..

Also when i tried to download it i got warning about trojan from Avast.. Of course i didn't finish download..
smartmedia

Postby Pilou » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Hello

Idem Avast !

Pilou
Pilou

Postby chromebandit » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:18 pm

Hello Neoscripter unfortunally i have to confirme popular Antivirus engines found this viruses???

The nbp file may contains the following viruses:

Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Banload
Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Banload!IK
Win32/Heur
TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen

The nbr file may contains the following viruses:

TR/Crypt.ZPACK.Gen
Suspicious.Cloud.5
PAK_Generic.001
Packed/MPress

Regards
chromebandit

Postby NeoScripter » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:55 am

chromebandit wrote:Hello Neoscripter unfortunally i have to confirme popular Antivirus engines found this viruses???

The nbp file may contains the following viruses:

Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Banload
Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Banload!IK
Win32/Heur
TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen

The nbr file may contains the following viruses:

TR/Crypt.ZPACK.Gen
Suspicious.Cloud.5
PAK_Generic.001
Packed/MPress

Regards
This is most unfortunate, apparently the compressor which I used generated quite a few false-positives. I guess it is time to go back to using UPX.

I have uploaded a UPX-packed version of the plug-in and I have added virus scans below.

NeoHideWindow.nbp
Result: 0/42 (0.0%)

NeoHideWindow.nbr
Result: 2/43 (4.6%)

Download: NeoHideWindow.zip - 205 KB

Archive Contents:
NeoHideWindow.nbp - 189 KB
NeoHideWindow.nbr - 20 KB
NeoHideWindow Sample.pub - 5 KB
NeoHideWindow Help.chm - 13 KB

TrendMicro and TrendMicro-HouseCall picked up "PAK_Generic.005," I can assure you that these are false-positives and are only showing up because of the UPX-packing.
Oddly enough, the false-positives only show on the run-time version, so a temporary workaround may be to use the .nbp rather than .nbr.

I shall submit the plug-in to TrendMicro as soon as their file reevaluation website comes back online, this will hopefully result in it being removed from their virus definition database.
"I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man." - Zhūangzi
NeoScripter

Postby dec » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:18 am

Hi NeoScripter,

I not have any reason to distrust you, and at the least everybody knows about false positives using antivirus programs, but, here something is rare, since I also use UPX in my plugins and apparently both designtime and runtime versions pass all antivirus tests... So, maybe the file size is important here? Maybe the UPX options or the version used? Some thirdparty code in your plugin? :roll:
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Return to PlugIn Discussions