Source language: Translate to:

New contact schema from TechMedia

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

New contact schema from TechMedia

Postby TechMedia » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:12 am

We are starting today a new way to inform our customers about our updates and releases. Every thursday, we are fireing a newsletter via e-mail with all news.

Best regards
TechMedia

Postby TechMedia » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:51 am

There´s an email libk on my home page.

Best Regards
TechMedia

Postby TechMedia » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:31 pm

Just send an emai asking it. I´m preparing a software for my clients stay updated with the plugins. The newsletter will be send every monday. I decide that is a good day to start with the week news. Everyone that already bought a single plugin from me will receive.

I have some clients that email are bouncing, btw.

Best regards
TechMedia

Postby rcohen » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:31 am

TechMedia wrote:I have some clients that email are bouncing, btw.

Best regards

My problem with email for YEARS now. I have to keep three providers JUST to be sure I don't box myself into a corner... IP Blocks, Spam filters, etc, etc...

If you're gonna stick with email newsletters Al, perhaps you should also mirror the messages in an on line archive of sorts for those that DON'T get them ??

I didn't get mine (yet) either

rcohen
rcohen

Postby AlfB » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:12 pm

hi Al,
nore did I get your first newsletter. And I'm not aware of an email bouncing system on my computer. Come on, Al, try to find a solution for that problem. Till now I always got your emails.

ALF
AlfB

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:33 pm

Email is becoming more and more unreliable. We've had numerous customers who place orders or send questions and never receive our replies because they have their Spam filters set so high. Even though we respond to absolutely every message we receive, we have people who think we're ignoring them. It's very frustrating!
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby rcohen » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:48 pm

Neosoft Support wrote:Email is becoming more and more unreliable. We've had numerous customers who place orders or send questions and never receive our replies because they have their Spam filters set so high. Even though we respond to absolutely every message we receive, we have people who think we're ignoring them. It's very frustrating!

At this point, for ISP's that are known block happy (MSN, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc) I send dupicate emails of mission critical stuff (license's etc) from two different ISP's / IP's just to increase the likelyhood that they will actually GET it. ;-0

r
rcohen

Postby Wrangler » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:47 pm

On my shareware site, I tell visitors before they even buy that they need to add my email address to their email client address book, and pre-approve it with their ISP if they want to receive their unlock code.

Of course, that doesn't help if Verizon or Comcast has added you to their black list for no apparent reason. Most spam services used by ISP's are provided by third parties. In an effort to impress their clients with how well their system works, they become overzealous when blocking IP's. As Rob mentioned, many just block an entire IP block. Verizon is being sued for blocking most of Europe. One must be careful when blocking IP blocks, as although most of one IP range may belong to a foreign country, a part of it could belong to an American ISP. But it's easier to enter 192.0.0.0/8 into IPTables than enter individual IP's.

For anyone who has their own server, and uses IPTables as a firewall, this is the format:

iptables -A INPUT -s [IP Address] -j DROP

81.*.*.* is 81.0.0.0/8
81.196.*.* is 81.196.0.0/16
81.196.45.* is 81.196.45.0/24

This may also apply to other server firewalls. Don't know. Never tried anything else.

Last time I checked, I am getting over 40,000 spam messages per day to my server. Since SpamAssassin kills them all (quite accurately, by the way), I don't receive them, but the load on the server increases dramatically. I lost my last server because basically the spam shut it down.

It's a shame. The internet used to be a good place. Now it's "Watch Out!" everywhere you go. I don't think it was meant to be this way.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby beno » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:03 pm

Hi,

I have no problems with my email. But have not received nothing yet.

beno
beno

Postby FM » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:46 am

Hi,

beno

The same for me.
FM

Postby AlfB » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:41 am

Hi,
I agree with David and the others in emails being a bit of a problem nowadays. But can you also imagine that I receiveed ALL emails from Al until he decided to change his business model, and now when he sent out his first newsletter, no chance for me?

Is there anybody out there in the community who GOT Al's newsletter? Please send me the informations as a PM then.

ALF
AlfB

Postby dpayer » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:08 am

beno wrote:Hi,

beno

Hmm, looks like we will be getting the Monday newsletter on Thursday which will mean that both dates of the newsletter will be correct!

:roll:

D
dpayer

Next

Return to PlugIn Discussions