Source language: Translate to:

I need Beta Testers....

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

I need Beta Testers....

Postby David de Argentina » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:28 am

Hi all,

I'm working on a project of a full featured grid plugin.

This grid allow:

* Left/Center/Right justify each column
* Each column can retreive Numeric, Currency, Text, Date, Logical, Images data
* ComboBox, DatePicker, Images and CheckBoxes supported
* Switch between images with a double click.
* Banded Rows with differents fonts and colors.
* Search capabilites
* Sort capabilities (not implemented yet)

I tested it on my XP SP2 machine and works stable.
Sample reads data from a SQLite 3 Database. SQLite Plugin is included.

You can download the PUB and the Plugins at:

http://specialapps.software-zone.com/fi ... dBeta1.zip

All kind of comments are welcomed.

Greetings from Buenos Aires,
David de Argentina
David de Argentina

Postby David de Argentina » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:38 am

Hi all,

I'm working with the ListView Interface of CommCtrl API services.

Aparently, row height is fixed at 16 pixels...

Does anybody know if there are any reference in order to alter the height of each row..?

Thanks in advance,
David de Argentina
David de Argentina

Postby Gaev » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:23 pm

David de Argentina:

Took a quick look ... here are my observations (for what they are worth) ...

a) it would be best if during the testing of the plugin, the data was loaded straight from NeoBook [variables] ... i.e. leave out the interaction with (and hence the need to install) SQLite.

b) the column width adjustment via mouse (drag in column header) causes the program to hang ... needed TaskManager to remove it.

c) some problems managing the check box column ... the Get Value button retuned 0 ... but did not accept 1 ... elsewhere it displayed content values as N

d) I trust one can insert any image in any cell ... even better if content type of grid columns was not set to be same for all rows ... e.g. column 3 row 1 could be text ... column 3 row 2 could be picture etc.

e) you might want to support cell content of type text (or even rich text via html tags), images and listboxes ... note that checkbox support can be implemented by having user support images to be used for each content/binary value.

f) you might want to concentrate first on the cell level commands ... e.g

GridCellGet "row#" "col#" "property type" "propertyvalue"
GridCellSet "row#" "col#" "property type" "[result variable]"

... where property can be content value, background, foreground, border ... for selected and unselected states

g) secondly, navigation by keys ... Home, End, PageUp, PageDown, Ctrl+Home, Ctrl+End etc.

h) thirdly, modification of column widths and row heights via script and user/mouse ... with ability to script that specified column/row sizes can not be modified by user/mouse.

i) next important thing would be call-back routines for mouse clicks (left, right, middle, doubleLeft, doubleRight, doubleMiddle).

j) and support Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V for selected cells.

k) support for importing/exporting (from/to NeoBook variables/arrays content for ranges of cells.

User acceptance will be better if the grid responds similar to Excel (or at least little brother MS Works) ... so users don't have to learn differences when using application with your grid.
Gaev

Postby David de Argentina » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:58 pm

Thanks a Lot Gaev !

I posted my answers back your opinion...

a) it would be best if during the testing of the plugin, the data was loaded straight from NeoBook [variables] ... i.e. leave out the interaction with (and hence the need to install) SQLite.

Go ! button has an explanation how do you do to put your own recordset

b) the column width adjustment via mouse (drag in column header) causes the program to hang ... needed TaskManager to remove it.

On my PC works fine.... i will check it...

c) some problems managing the check box column ... the Get Value button retuned 0 ... but did not accept 1 ... elsewhere it displayed content values as N

CheckBox Column (Enable?) and Image Column (Calif) accept values "Y" or "N" . Internaly, they work as Logical Values. You can Get and Set Values into them

d) I trust one can insert any image in any cell ... even better if content type of grid columns was not set to be same for all rows ... e.g. column 3 row 1 could be text ... column 3 row 2 could be picture etc.

I'm sorry... but I dont have MS structure (and money...) to do this...

e) you might want to support cell content of type text (or even rich text via html tags), images and listboxes ... note that checkbox support can be implemented by having user support images to be used for each content/binary value.

I guess MS-FlexGrid can allow this features... but not free... This is a simple grid...

f) you might want to concentrate first on the cell level commands ... e.g

GridCellGet "row#" "col#" "property type" "propertyvalue"
GridCellSet "row#" "col#" "property type" "[result variable]"

... where property can be content value, background, foreground, border ... for selected and unselected states

Parcially, it does you say.. but..i put it on my todo list

g) secondly, navigation by keys ... Home, End, PageUp, PageDown, Ctrl+Home, Ctrl+End etc.

Actually, this keys reports the selected row. you can see it at bottom of the sample. If you have another ideas about this keys, please tell me..

h) thirdly, modification of column widths and row heights via script and user/mouse ... with ability to script that specified column/row sizes can not be modified by user/mouse.

Good idea. I put it on my todo list

i) next important thing would be call-back routines for mouse clicks (left, right, middle, doubleLeft, doubleRight, doubleMiddle).

See sample. it has LClick, RClick, Double Click, Change Cell value and Change Row Sub's. Actually, they accum values only. you can see it at top of the screen...

j) and support Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V for selected cells.

When you are editing a cell, you can Copy, Cut, Paste, and Select All

k) support for importing/exporting (from/to NeoBook variables/arrays content for ranges of cells.

ae_Grid_SetCellValue Action allows to put data in each cell.

User acceptance will be better if the grid responds similar to Excel (or at least little brother MS Works) ... so users don't have to learn differences when using application with your grid.

Good dream ....
Manage special features outside a IDE, is very hard to do..

Cheers from Buenos Aires,
David de Argentina
David de Argentina

Return to PlugIn Discussions