Source language: Translate to:

tmEvents and Windows Vista?

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

tmEvents and Windows Vista?

Postby Boo (Gulf Breeze) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:37 pm

Hmmmm. The mouse events portion of the tmEvents plugin does not seem to work with Windows Vista. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,

- Boo
Boo (Gulf Breeze)

Postby TechMedia » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:02 am

I will test it this week. This plugin was not updated yet, but I will check it out ASAP to confirm it or not.

Best regards
TechMedia

Postby Boo (Gulf Breeze) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:51 am

Thanks. I registered this plugin awhile back, and now when I am ready to use it, it does not work. 8-(
Boo (Gulf Breeze)

Postby TechMedia » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:34 am

Sorry, but its was compatible whith all OS when it was released. I have to test it, but I´m pretty sure that maybe a write permissions issue, if I reproduce the problem.

Best regards
TechMedia

Postby Boo (Gulf Breeze) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:24 pm

Any idea when an update for this will be ready?
Boo (Gulf Breeze)

Postby TechMedia » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:01 am

I bought a Vista OS and I´m waiting it arrives here to let me confirm or not the problem. I´m testing my plugins on Vista on another office. As soon as they arrive here, I will install and let you know here. Dealer told me that it arrives in a few days. Since I bought it last week, I think it arrives very soon.
TechMedia

Postby Boo (Gulf Breeze) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:10 pm

Hmmmmm. Your new tmMouseHook Plugin and DLL work well on my Vista machine. Seems like an update to the tmEvents plugin should not be a problem? Or will users of the tmEvents plugin be forced to purchase your new Plugin/DLL? Hmmmm.
Boo (Gulf Breeze)

Postby TechMedia » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:14 am

As I said, I did not review tmEvents yet. I don´t think it´s a hook problem on i, if is there a problem, maybe in Vista user permissions. Of course I will not force anyone to buy new plugins. if tmEvents have a problem, I will fix it (besides it is not my fault Microsoft release incompatibles OS during years) or offer you mousehook for free. In fact, I´m a bit offended with your statment.
TechMedia

Postby Boo (Gulf Breeze) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:54 pm

Hi Again,

It was not my intention to offend you. However, I have bought several of your plugins in the past, and no offense... But... I have read various promises from you regarding future updates, etc. which never materialized...

You put out really good stuff, but I feel it is important to be realistic with updates (like the NeoSoft folks are).

Again, I did not mean to offend you...

Cheers,

- Boo
Boo (Gulf Breeze)

Postby TechMedia » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:43 am

My english is not very good, but I understand that you told that I have released tmMouseHooks that do the same thing of tmEvents because I want to sold it again, instead of Fix tmEvents (i could not confirm yet the problem with Vista).

1) tmMouseHook and tmEvents are completely diferent plugins.

2) I will never do this market behaviour: countless times that I change plugins for my customers.

3)
I have read various promises from you regarding future updates, etc. which never materialized...
My plugins are tested and they are dependent of a lot of share code between them. I have released so many updates through the last year: tmprintSys, tmSpreadsheet, tmStorage, tmWebBrowser, tmNeoBass, tmIEHelper, tmSysInfo. As I said, all plugins will be updaded in time. It´s more then 70. Some of them, very complex. I just don´t have enough time. Simply.
TechMedia

Postby Boo (Gulf Breeze) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:41 am

Hi Al,

Okay, point taken.

Furthermore, please note that I was not implying that you were trying to sell a new plugin in order to replace another to "sell it again." However, for users who have paid hard-earned money for a plugin that will not work on a newer operating system--and then the developer releases a new (similar) one that does... Well, that makes one wary about buying additional plugins. Support issues are just as important as the functionality of the product.

What if changes are made to Windows that affect 60 or more of your plugins? How long will we (and users of our software) have to wait for upgrades? We could lose customers as a result... Think about it.

However, I still need a version of the tmEvents plugin that works with Windows Vista. So, I will wait...

Cheers,

- Boo
Boo (Gulf Breeze)

Postby TechMedia » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:50 am

What if changes are made to Windows that affect 60 or more of your plugins?

I did not say Windows affects all my plugins. I said that i´m updating them to make them better and easy to use. Recently, I updated tmStorage in a hurry for Vista compatible. Fortunately, I could do that without Vista installed.

How long will we (and users of our software) have to wait for upgrades? We could lose customers as a result... Think about it.

Of course I understand your point. Fortunately, i did not receive any email about problems on using my plugins in products on market (and there´s thousands of copies of applications using them already on market).

As I said, i will check it out tmEvents as soon as i got my Vista. If you want to use tmMousehooks instead, just send me an email and i send the registration serial number for you.

Best regards
TechMedia

Postby Boo (Gulf Breeze) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:09 am

Thanks Al.
Boo (Gulf Breeze)

Return to PlugIn Discussions