Source language: Translate to:

Google Maps EASY interaction - tmGoogleMaps Plugin

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Google Maps EASY interaction - tmGoogleMaps Plugin

Postby TechMedia » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:23 am

tmGoogleMaps Plugin

Released tmGoogleMaps plugin. Allow Neobook developers a SIMPLE, EXTREMELY EASY TO USE Google Maps interaction, with local clients

http://www.techmediasoftware.com

tmGoogleMaps PlugIn - Powerful plugin to implement a customized Web Browser object to interact with Google Maps servers, isolating Neobook developer of the complex javascript coding required for maps application, allowing to produce local client applications for the wonderful Google Maps API. You can make very powerful and advanced applications, interacting with your favourite database plugin to develop real world, top notch map applications. Impress your customers with next generation functions for web applications.

Possibilities

Satellite images visualizers

Map applications

GPS applications

Advanced clients managment software

Webcam applications with maps

Many others!!

Features

Create simple maps

Create maps with controls and overview window

Create satellite images

Create simple and complex markers

Locate place by name, zip code, etc, etc (Geocoding)
TechMedia

Re: Google Maps EASY interaction - tmGoogleMaps Plugin

Postby dpayer » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:38 am

TechMedia wrote:tmGoogleMaps Plugin

Released tmGoogleMaps plugin. Allow Neobook developers a SIMPLE, EXTREMELY EASY TO USE Google Maps interaction, with local clients

Alberto, I like this one. How often has Google changed the API for their map site? Do you anticipate needing to update this plugin often due to the way Google changes their methods?

David P.
dpayer

Postby datadon » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:42 am

Alberto

Will it be possible to take a location (gps coordinates or ?) in a database and have it locate the location on the map via an NB pub?
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
datadon

Postby TechMedia » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:56 am

Alberto, I like this one. How often has Google changed the API for their map site? Do you anticipate needing to update this plugin often due to the way Google changes their methods?

I´m using V2 API methods, so it is always compatible with Google API. So, it is garanteed that never the code will be broken. When google release new beta code, you have to write code specific to that version with you want, set internal vars to that API. If the API is ok, Google release it under the V2 tag, so our plugin will be always ON.

Will it be possible to take a location (gps coordinates or ?) in a database and have it locate the location on the map via an NB pub?

Of course, but the GPS coordinates must be in LATITUDE and LONGITUDE format of Google. In fact, if you have this in your DB, just fill 2 variables and create the map. It´s really very ver easy.
TechMedia

Postby beno » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:12 pm

Hi,

This sounds very interesting.

Something does not works for me, none of the examples displays something. According to the help file these process takes time and its important to check for the state. I have done this but always finish with a white rectangle.

Mmmm this is the same internet connection and PC I´m using to write this ...

:(

beno
beno

Postby AlfB » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:36 am

hi Beno,
same for me. When I stop Panda Internet security, all works well. Maybe you check your firewall for that?

hope that helps

ALF
AlfB

Postby TechMedia » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:41 am

It´s a standard browse plugin. Maybe it´s necessary to set a key for you computer, using your own Google key.
TechMedia

Postby beno » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:23 am

Hi,

I will check my firewall (F-Secure Internet Security 2007), but I would expect this to report that the application is trying to access the internet and ask for permission.

Maybe it´s necessary to set a key for you computer, using your own Google key.

Google keys?, sorry I´m ignorant on this.

What do I have to ask and tell my customers to use my NeoCreations that uses this plugin?

Saludos,

beno
beno

Postby TechMedia » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:03 am

You IE browser have the Javascript enabled?

I don´t think it is a Key issue. I think it´s somewhat related with Javascript. To work with Google Maps is HIGHLY recommended some learning of it in Google Maps site.

PS: I don´t have any more reports of maps not showing.

One thing I want to say is that MANY developers works for companies, or make publications for yourselves, so, some plugins that i released is not ONLY for produce FINAL USER applications. I try to release plugins that full fill some markets niches.

Best regards
TechMedia

Return to PlugIn Discussions