Source language: Translate to:

WebCam recognization

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

WebCam recognization

Postby Neobook » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:05 am

Hello,

Do you know if any budy had see one time a WebCam Plugin who take first a picture of the user and when the user come back, it knows his person from the picture.

Thank you
Neobook

Re: WebCam recognization

Postby dpayer » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:29 am

Neobook wrote:Hello,

Do you know if any budy had see one time a WebCam Plugin who take first a picture of the user and when the user come back, it knows his person from the picture.

Thank you

I have been studying Flash recently (I am no expert by any means) as I am trying to decide on a Flash editor.

It turns out that the ActionScript functionality allows Flash (v.8 +) to access webcam data.

I think we should be able to use that functionality to grab data. You will need to push it to a variable or some form of psuedo http server that will accept a post.

Here is a URL that describes the functionality:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... elp04.html

Here is a company selling a service that does webcam video messaging using only the flash web browser plugin to access the camera.

http://www.userplane.com/apps/videoRecorder.cfm

David P.
dpayer

Postby Neobook » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:36 am

In Neobook Plugin, did you see some thing about webcam recognization ?
Neobook

Postby dpayer » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:34 am

Neobook wrote:In Neobook Plugin, did you see some thing about webcam recognization ?

No, you have to study ActionScript, the scripting agent for Flash in order to make this work. It is not in the basic functionality of the NB Flash plugin - but I think it COULD be if that were added.

In fact, many of the capabilities of Flash could be integrated with the right commands.

Sounds like a new project for some agile programmer! Or Dave@Neosoft could make a "enhanced Flash plugin" as an additional product.

David P.
dpayer

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:47 pm

webcam recognization

Are you talking about the ability to have the computer correctly identify a person from a photograph or video? That's extremely complicated.

Flash can do that?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby David de Argentina » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:46 pm

Perhaps HP Image plugin can help you.

It has a compare function. you can create your own compare algorithm.

You must compare BMP images, because compressed images had changed original colours in compression progress.

Remember, NeoWebCam plugin capture BMP images from the webcam driver directly, NOT from the viewport of the screen.

My devaluated cent,

David de Argentina
David de Argentina

Postby dpayer » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:01 pm

Neosoft Support wrote:
webcam recognization

Are you talking about the ability to have the computer correctly identify a person from a photograph or video? That's extremely complicated.

Flash can do that?

I interpreted his statement to mean that the PROGRAM recognized the WEBCAM. :idea:

Flash will do that. You can record webcam images with Flash. It is oriented toward a Flash Media server but I think that could be emulated somehow.

This may be a means to offer the webcam functionality to NB, via Flash. Take a look at those links and check out the ActionScript resources for context and usage.

David P.
dpayer

Postby HPW » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:27 pm

Perhaps HP Image plugin can help you.
It has a compare function. you can create your own compare algorithm.

I do not think the hpwImageCompare would be usefull here.
It supports a exact bitmap compare where each pixel-byte must match.
And a webcam does never deliver a exact bitmap twice.
Image recognition is far more complex and CPU expensive.
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby Neobook » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:47 am

Ok, I will try, thank you
Neobook

Postby TechMedia » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:41 am

You must compare BMP images, because compressed images had changed original colours in compression progress.
/

Sorry, facial recognition don´t rely in RGB colors. Usually, we did it using YUV color space, so the actual colors don´t matters at all. What is important, in this matter, is the matching points on two images, with complex algorithms. That´s why Iris recognition is very simple: there are many points to compare, as Fingerprint too.
TechMedia

Postby Neobook » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:21 am

Yes, you are right, do you have some plugin, or can you make a WebCam plugin with this ?
Neobook

Postby TechMedia » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:00 pm

Neobooker, I have worked with this subject, and I´m pretty sure that is nos possible to make what you want. Facial recognition needs a source image to be compared with the "searcheable Video". Ex: you have a picture of a criminal correctly scanned, mapped on you database. If you have it, it´s relatively easy to identify the face on live video feeds, matching the points using what we call "Hausdorff Distance algoritm". We can not match the points using an image not mapped.

Sorry, I think it´s not doable. All the best and good luck
TechMedia

Postby Neobook » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:03 pm

Ok, thanks
Neobook

Return to PlugIn Discussions