Source language: Translate to:

NeoBook DB

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Postby Gaev » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:15 am

FM:

Go to the last record with the scroll roller of the mouse. You will return to the first one adding an "undesired" new record.

a) Do you experience the same behaviour when you use your (down) arrow key to navigate past the last record in the Table ?

b) Is your Table being displayed in some sorted order ? ... i.e. are you deploying dbfSort ?
Gaev

Postby FM » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:51 am

OK, you are right.

I'm using dbfSort, and that's why it goes to the first record. New (empty) records are always on top if sorted.

But the problem persist without dbfSort. It happens only with the mouse, not with the down arrow key.

A new undesired record is added if I use the mouse's scroll roller RAPIDLY 'till the end of the list, not rolling softly line by line.
FM

Postby Gaev » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:34 am

FM:
I'm using dbfSort, and that's why it goes to the first record. New (empty) records are always on top if sorted.

Yes ... that was my first point ... always been so.
But the problem persist without dbfSort. It happens only with the mouse, not with the down arrow key.
A new undesired record is added if I use the mouse's scroll roller RAPIDLY 'till the end of the list, not rolling softly line by line.

a) On my applications, it also happens when I press the down-arrow key from the last record in the Table ... a new record is (temporarily?) created ... the symbol in the first column changes from a black triangle shape to a star/asterisk ("*") ... I say temporarily because if I press the up arrow-key (without adding any text to the last/new record), this newly created record disappears ... haven't tried it when records are sorted.

b) BTW, my plugin is version 2.3f ... as I had mentioned before, some time ago I started encountering problems with creating Picture Field content ... long story short ... the library that the plugin uses was getting confused with my (newly available on Windows XP) Regional Settings ... i.e. English (Canadian) ... so, Dave promptly provided a fix for the problem ... it shows up as version 2.3f ... don't know the status of this version vs. the one you can download from the NeoSoft website.

As an aside, the "confusion with English (Canadian)" setting was also encountered by me in another application ... a flash file (swf) that was interacting with Javascript in the container html document.
Gaev

Postby FM » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:04 am

I said:

If I don't use dbfSort, since it doesn't go to the first record, it creates many new records. As many as I roll the scroller.

Dave, is there any idea?
FM

Postby smartmedia » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:22 am

Hi...

Thanks everyone for not make crazy... I thought i was the only one having is problems...
smartmedia

Postby Gaev » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:39 am

FM:
If I don't use dbfSort, since it doesn't go to the first record, it creates many new records. As many as I roll the scroller.
I do not see this behaviour.

So, unless it is a difference in the version levels of the plug-in ... it might be the result of "how the mouse driver is interpreting the scroll of the wheel" ... I have setup mine (Logitech) so I can scroll (especially in Inernet Explorer) long documents up and down ... and when I click on the wheel (middle button), it makes IE simulate the "View >>> Go To >>> Back" menu item ... whose shortcut key is "Alt+Left Arrow" ... could be setup differently in your computer ... some (old/cheap) mice do not even offer this level of customization.
Gaev

Postby FM » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:30 am

some (old/cheap) mice do not even offer this level of customization.

It could be an answer, but most users have common kitchen mice or are not using special drivers with them.

Is there any way to resolve the problem?
FM

Previous

Return to PlugIn Discussions