Source language: Translate to:

NeoBook DB

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeoBook DB

Postby henni » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:48 am

I like to insert pictures into a picture field according to the "Change" button. But the navigation from field to field doesn't run; the picture in the fields remain the same all the way. The next field should be empty for a new change command.
What is my mistake? No recommendation in the help file so far.
henni
henni

Postby Wrangler » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:31 am

Hi Henni,

Please post the code that you are using so we can look at it and see what is wrong.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Neobook DB

Postby henni » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:59 pm

This is the code of the change button:

FileOpenBox "Select a Picture" "Image Files|*.bmp;*.gif;*.jpg;*.tif;*.png;*.pcx;*.ico" "" "[FName]" ""
If "[FName]" "<>" ""
SetVar "[dbf.Picture]" "[FName]"
EndIf

The picture remains the same, despite the help info that navigation will be successful with that code.
henni
henni

Postby Gaev » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:08 am

henni:

Works on my computer.

a) Are you using the latest version of the plugin ? NeoBookDB 2.3f ... a few months ago, a problem was discovered with Picture fields for those with (Windows) regional Settings of CanadianEnglish (but not USEnglish or UKEnglish) ... I don't know if other regional Settings were affected.

b) Do you have a database file called dbf.dbf ? ... did you have a dbfOpen command that referenced this file ?

c) Does the dbf.dbf database have a field called Picture ... which has a field Type called Picture ?

re: (b) and (c)
Your posted code is a copy of that from the Help file ... which supposed to be a generic example ... so if you use [dbf.Picture] in your SetVar command ... you must make sure that the "dotted variable" has a corresponding database name (before the dot) and a valid field name (after the dot)

d) Does your picture object have [dbf.picture] as the value for the property Image File: ?

e) Most importantly, when you start this program ... is there any image that shows up in the Picture Object ? ... should correspond to the image referenced in the Picture field of the first record of your database ... unless this field is currently empty.

If it does, but does not change when you pick another file from the FileOpenBox dialog ... try adding a RefreshObject command (for the Picture Object) after the Setvar command.
Gaev

Postby smartmedia » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:27 pm

Hi...

I have the following problem, and is not the first time i mention it...
I have a rectangle wich is used as a grid by NB DB.
A lot of times, mostly when i run a query the results appear but.....

For example the results are 2 records. It show 2 records but are the same. And if i move the mouse wheel then one other record shows up. The problem remain if i run a dbfRefresh command, only if i run a dbfShowAll command i see again all of my records...

Any update fix for this...???
Please this is urgent for me...

Wich is the newest version of NB DB...??? I have 2.3d

Thanks
smartmedia

Postby Gaev » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:27 am

smartmedia:

I have not experienced this kind of problem ... so I can only make (wild) suggestions ...
It show 2 records but are the same.

a) Do you mean that it should display (say) RecordG and RecordX ... but instead displays only RecordG (or RecordX) ?

b) Does this happen with other number of resulting records ? 3 or 4 etc. ? ... and if so, what does it display ?
And if i move the mouse wheel then one other record shows up.

a) Any direction ?

b) Does the grid normally respond to the mouse wheel ? ... e.g. navigate up/down ?
The problem remain if i run a dbfRefresh command

a) dbfRefresh is for multi-user databases ? ... does your problem occur in such an environment ? ... or also in a single-use environment ?

b) Try RefreshObject AFTER doing your dbfQuery command instead.

only if i run a dbfShowAll command i see again all of my records...

Yes, that is normal ... but try this workaround to see if it helps ...

Perhaps creating a condition that triggers NeoBook to redraw the Grid might help ... e.g. if you follow the dbfQuery with ...

- a MoveObject that takes the Rectangle object off screen ... immediately followed by one that returns it to its original place

- a HideObject followed by a ShowObject

- Move a same sized object over the Rectangle object, ObjectToFront and then ObjectToBack it.

Any of these will cause NeoBook to redraw the Grid ... perhaps clear the problem.

According to this ... http://www.neosoftware.com/neobook/modu ... .php?cid=2 ... you have the latest version.
Gaev

Postby smartmedia » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:55 am

Hi Gaev,

a) Do you mean that it should display (say) RecordG and RecordX ... but instead displays only RecordG (or RecordX) ?

Normaly should display RecordA and RecordB but instead it displays RecordA two times...

b) Does this happen with other number of resulting records ? 3 or 4 etc. ? ... and if so, what does it display ?

Some times yes... It displays double or even triple times the same record.

a) Any direction ?

Mostly when i scrool down the mouse wheel they appear, some times when i scrool up the mouse wheel the "ghost" records disapear.

b) Does the grid normally respond to the mouse wheel ? ... e.g. navigate up/down ?

Yes, both directions.

dbfRefresh is for multi-user databases ? ... does your problem occur in such an environment ? ... or also in a single-use environment ?

In this spesific project my database is mutli-user, but the problem is happening even when the database is single mode... (Sorry for my english)

I send Dave as he ask me to a sample database and the original publication... I will wait to see if he had any comments on that problem. I have notice that when a rectangle grid is inside a container doesn't produce the problem but i am not 100% sure about it...

Thanks for your concern...
Last edited by smartmedia on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:45 am

I have never encountered this problem before and cannot duplicate it here. It may be that your database is corrupted or simply needs to be packed. You might try running the dbfPack action and see if that makes any difference. Otherwise, would it be possible for you to provide us with a small sample publication and database that we could use to duplication the problem?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Neobook DB problem

Postby FM » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:55 am

I have a problem:
When I move the scroll roller in the mouse over the DB table, If I reach the end of the table it returns to the first record adding a new record.

Is it normal or I'm missing something? :wink:

Thank you!
FM

Same behavior with Db

Postby carlos torres » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:25 am

Hi Everybody

I noticed the same behavior that Smartmedia and FM report.

I have a Dbfile, when I scroll down and get the last record the last three /5 records are repeated. If I scroll up they disappear. Sometimes it woks circular, when you get the last record automatically the cursor moves to the first one.

I packed the file and check it with different apps and it looks fine.

¿could be a db bug?

regards
carlost
carlos torres

Postby Wrangler » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:27 am

Smartmedia:

Latest version is 2.3f.

Wait. Now I'm confused. I show having 2.3f installed. Resource center shows 2.3d. Dave: Which is the latest version?
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby smartmedia » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:53 am

Wrangler

Geav said that the newest version is 2.3d...
smartmedia

Where is it?

Postby carlos torres » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:40 am

Hi

I was looking for that plugin 2.3f and I couldn't find it. Always appear 2.3d

Anybody knows the real link to download it?

Thanks, I'll appreciate that
carlos torres

Postby Wrangler » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:43 am

I now recall Dave sent me a quick fix and named it 2.3f. The final changes were made in 2.3d. So, 2.3d is the latest version.
Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby FM » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:47 am

So... what about the problem?

Everybody can see it opening the NeoDB demo pub, and opening the table. Go to the last record with the scroll roller of the mouse. You will return to the first one adding an "undesired" new record.
FM

Next

Return to PlugIn Discussions