Source language: Translate to:

ZIP Plugin - FREE

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

ZIP Plugin - FREE

Postby Neal » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:17 pm

I rcently vsisted a web site that is offering two free ZIP utilities. One is the usual graphical and the other is a command line utility. I tried it out and I was able to use it with NeoBook to backup files to ZIP files. This has been a great replacement for the old DEC Zip I was using. The only condition is to provide a link to the author othewise its free to use.

Neal
Neal

Postby phunk » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:47 am

hmm thanx but a link would be helpful :)
oliver
phunk

Postby dpayer » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:30 am

phunk wrote:hmm thanx but a link would be helpful :)

Maybe he just wanted to share his joy with you!

:lol:

David
dpayer

Postby phunk » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:33 am

yes i thought that.

okay, i'm with you. :)
oliver
phunk

Postby Neal » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:58 am

Sorry. www.izarc.org

Neal
Neal

Postby phunk » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:25 am

thank you.
looks very promising, i'll give it a try later on
oliver
phunk

Postby Neal » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:22 pm

Sorry about forgetting the link. I had to setup my program to create a batch file for it to work. Anyway, once I tinkered around it works good except I can't get the batch file to run as hidden.
Neal

Postby Neal » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:23 pm

Here is a part of the code used to creat the batch file to run IZARC command line.

FileWrite "[PubDir]arcit.bat" "All" "[#34][PubDir]izarcc[#34] -r -P -cx [#34][BackUpDir]\[DateLong] Volume [Volume].zip.zip[#34] [#34][Source][#34]"
Run "[PubDir]arcit.bat" "" "RunOnce+Wait+Minimized+Hidden" "" ""

Neal
Neal

Postby Wrangler » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:46 am

I played with this right after you posted the url. Works fine for a single file, but to archive multiple files, I had to use the @files command, as shown below:

FileExists "[filename].[format]" "[found]"
If "[found]" "=" "True"
CustomWindow "" "-1" "-1" "choosetoadd" "DialogBox"
else
SetVar "[message]" "Creating archive....."
CustomWindow "" "-1" "-1" "working" "NoBorder"
Run "[pubdir]IZARCC.exe" "[level] [filename].[format] @files.txt" "Hidden" "" ""
CloseCustomWindow "working"
endif

The other parameters are filled in using neobook variables drawn from comboboxes and a textentry box. I populate the files.txt with files chosen using multiple selections from the filesave dialog.

I guess you need to use the correct exe file for the format you want. The archive file ext. you use (.zip, .cab, .lha) tells it which format to archive with.

Odd that the bat file execution can't be hidden. I've used bat files in neobook in the past with no problems. I haven't tried this method with this program.

It is a great little tool for handling archiving operations. Fast, with a small footprint. Thanks for the post! In less than an hour, I created a program that will compress in just about every archive format available. Haven't played with the extraction part yet.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Gaev » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:33 pm

Wrangler:
Fast, with a small footprint.
I have been too busy (ok a little lazy too) to download/check it out myself ... can you advise ...

a) if the command line utility is a stand alone program ... in other words, if that .exe was embedded inside a NeoBook application ... and extracted on a user machine, would it work ... or would the entire package need to be installed on the other machine ?

b) what is a "small footprint" ... how many KB ?
Gaev

Postby Wrangler » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:49 pm

a) if the command line utility is a stand alone program ... in other words, if that .exe was embedded inside a NeoBook application ... and extracted on a user machine, would it work ... or would the entire package need to be installed on the other machine ?

It is standalone. You should be able to embed it, although I haven't tried it. To work with .cab, .ace or .rar files, you must include dll files as well. I would imagine the dll would have to be extracted during runtime.

Footprints:

archiver exe: 267k
extractor exe: 278k
cabinet.dll: 58k
ace dll: 76k
rar dll: 159k
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby Wrangler » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:49 pm

It is standalone. You should be able to embed it, although I haven't tried it. To work with .cab, .ace or .rar files, you must include dll files as well. I would imagine the dll would have to be extracted during runtime.

Footprints:

Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby Wrangler » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:50 pm

Footprints:

Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby Gaev » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:51 pm

Wrangler:

Thank you for the information ...

:)

I recently found this free ActiveX/dll that you can invoke with a simple .vbs file ...

http://xstandard.com/page.asp?p=C9891D8 ... 67ED6763A7

... the example files on the website show you how to zip, unzip and list contents of zip files ... even though it says Active Server Pages Examples ... I was able to use it on my (client side) machine without problem ... my test example was ...
Code: Select all
' Sample Test of XStandard.Zip

Set objZip = CreateObject("XStandard.Zip")

objZip.Pack "C:\gk\XZip\eula.txt", "C:\gk\XZip\gkTest1.zip"
objZip.Pack "C:\gk\XZip\readme.txt", "C:\gk\XZip\gkTest1.zip"

Set objZip = Nothing
... other examples show you how to use wild cards, remove individual files from the .zip pkg etc. etc.

And the .dll is just 138 KB ... so more choices for NeoBook developers.
Gaev

Postby Wrangler » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:56 pm

Yup. Another good one. Thanks, Gaev. Has some advantages over using an exe.
Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Next

Return to PlugIn Discussions