Source language: Translate to:

GamePack: Plugins for Game Design and Development

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

GamePack: Plugins for Game Design and Development

Postby Alberto_Meyer » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:16 am

Hello, we are releasing a collection of plugins for game design and development. You can create your own games, for entertainment, freeware, shareware or even to promote companies and make advertsments.

The first is Sudoku plugin. This is an application (a Sudoku Game) made with neobook and tmSudoku Plugin with less then 25 lines of code (mainly for load graphics).

http://www.techmediasoftware.com/downlo ... usetup.exe

The plugin will be post soon.

Thanks.
TechMedia Software PlugIns
Plugins: www.techmediasoftware.com
Shareware: www.meyertools.com
Alberto_Meyer

Postby Roxie » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:21 am

The plugin will be post soon.

Looking forward to them.
Roxie

Postby Horst Helfen » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:39 pm

Alberto,

just installed your SUDOKU game and when I started it, it terminated with a windows error message:
Storage medium errors cause unexpected program crash in Windows XP (884070)

Not quite tested? :(
Horst Helfen

Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.
Horst Helfen

Postby Alberto_Meyer » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:29 am

hello. sorry for delay. after several months I am out for a weekend. :) I will answer when I got a computer, but this message was not generated by my plugin (wich was tested hard). looks like a error inthe archive descompacted cause it is a MEDIA error. storage media. I have got this error too in some neobook applications. anyway, I will chekit but other people did play it?

sorry for the short answer. I am on a mobile device
Alberto_Meyer

Postby Wrangler » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:17 am

It ran fine for me. WinXP Pro SP2.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Roxie » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:54 am

Runs without problems for me.
Roxie

Postby smartmedia » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:26 pm

Hi...

Very nice Alberto, can you tell us what games the plugin be able to made except Sudoku...

Thanks
smartmedia

Postby Horst Helfen » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:09 am

Alberto,

I installed your sample on my office computer and it runs. I'll have to check why it didn't at home.
Horst Helfen

Horst Helfen

Postby Alberto_Meyer » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:36 am

It´s not one plugin. Each plugin for each game.

Chess (with AI)
Checkers (Naughts)
Tetris (Trix)
GoMoku
Sudoku
TriviaBuilder
Solitaire
Cards Decks
Jigsaw
Hannoi

And some others, like Naval Battle. You can make Net Games with tmSocks, with send and receive UDP packets.

tmSudoku will be released later today.
Alberto_Meyer

Postby dpayer » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:11 am

Alberto_Meyer wrote:And some others, like Naval Battle. You can make Net Games with tmSocks, with send and receive UDP packets.

tmSudoku will be released later today.

Alberto,

I think you have so many plugins, you forget which ones are actually available to us!!!!

There is no reference of tmSocks on your website. The only references to tmSocks on this forum date to nearly 2 years ago before you got sick.

Could you please compare it to Chris' module that allows socket connections (not to criticize but to show any features you provide that are not otherwise available).

I am building a network monitor program now and am in the middle of the interface and will need to interact with the servers with such a program. I had considered using Chris Chauvin's module but would consider others as well.

David P.
dpayer

Postby Alberto_Meyer » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:30 am

The plugins that is being released are done for months. What I´m doing now is updating the old plugins and release the pre-orderers ones. Whar I did is reserve 2 hours a day for the plugins that I have already done and put examples on it. I´m not coding anything new (beside custom developments plugins, that i reserve some hours a day). That´s why i did not post tmSudoku plugin before, because I have to code another things and can´t change the focus.

About plugins for another developers, I really can´t compare because i did not code my plugins to compete with any others and I really don´t check the features of them. I can tell what my plugin will have:

tmSocks: send and receive UDP packets. It is useful for send and receive messages from another computer (like chats). It´s very used in games. So: you have an IP of another machine and send messages to it (receive too). This is pretty standard in games and chats. What the plugin do make it easier to do in Neobook.

Network monitoring is much harder to do. You have to take care of all interfaces and check each and have to retrieve many things about each one. I have a plugin for this, but I have any time frame for this, because it is not in TOP priority. If you have another plugin available, I think you should try it.

If you have any questions, let me know.
Alberto_Meyer

Postby Alberto_Meyer » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:33 am

tmSocks is ready, like many others here (like new thumbnails, explorer). I think i can release it. There´s no reason not to, besides my time. :) There´s so many things. :)
Alberto_Meyer

Postby Alberto_Meyer » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:59 pm

tmSocks was renamed to tmUDP and released.
Alberto_Meyer

Postby Horst Helfen » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:30 pm

Alberto,

I downloaded your sample Sudoku and compiled it with your plugin. But I'm a little disappointed of it. Choosing the level hard still lets me solve it in some minutes. It's no challenge to a real Sudoku gamer.

The game you offered as freeware really shows a hard game when you choose a higher level. What's different with your sample pub?

An what's really annoying: when I try to play the game every some seconds a new window opens in my browser displaying your homepage!
Horst Helfen

Horst Helfen

Postby Alberto_Meyer » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:17 am

I downloaded your sample Sudoku and compiled it with your plugin. But I'm a little disappointed of it. Choosing the level hard still lets me solve it in some minutes. It's no challenge to a real Sudoku gamer.

The game you offered as freeware really shows a hard game when you choose a higher level. What's different with your sample pub?

From the user guide
Trial limitations: NAG screen. Difficulty is always 3.
You always plays at easy mode when in TRIAL version.

An what's really annoying: when I try to play the game every some seconds a new window opens in my browser displaying your homepage!

It display a NAG every 1 minute. Sorry, but for this kind of plugin its is necessary. I usually don´t bother my customers with so many nags, but for this kind of plugin and the new runtime modes, it is necessary. I have posted a fully compiled appication without Nag to let people test it.
Alberto_Meyer

Return to PlugIn Discussions