Source language: Translate to:

Photo in neobook & let user set it to be wallpaper HOW??

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Photo in neobook & let user set it to be wallpaper HOW??

Postby Simcast » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:20 am

I want to put photos into a neobook pub just one per page which I know how to do but then I want to have a button the user can click on to choose that photo to be their computer's desktop wallpaper? Does anyone know how to do this????
Simcast

Postby Roxie » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:47 pm

Hi, La Wanna!

I bet there's another way, but I know you can do it with Ronnie's rtFileSystemMgt plugin.
http://www.ronmarie.com/neobook.html
Roxie

Re: Photo in neobook & let user set it to be wallpaper H

Postby dpayer » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:59 pm

La Wanna wrote:I want to put photos into a neobook pub just one per page which I know how to do but then I want to have a button the user can click on to choose that photo to be their computer's desktop wallpaper? Does anyone know how to do this????

This one caused me to think and I tried to search for a javascript solution that could be implimented much in the same way you can bookmark a site but my initial search was not fruitful. I do believe this function is accessible via javascript but it will be a prompt that the person will have to agree to.

Of course, you could send keystrokes to the browser after a simulated right click and do the same thing but a javascript approach (assuming you are doing this from a IE browser) should work as well.

David P.
dpayer

THANK YOU

Postby Simcast » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:51 pm

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. I now have a direction to go in learningthis. THANK YOU, I will pursure these and then post the results here.
Simcast

Postby edunaway » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:28 am

For XP:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

The key "Wallpaper" is the current background. Note that the image must be converted to a BMP file. When you use the control panel to set this, it automatically converts the file to a BMP.
edunaway

Return to PlugIn Discussions