Source language: Translate to:

Tech-Media Plugin's with Bugs

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Postby Alberto_Meyer » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:41 pm

1: HTML Helper was a TRIAL version plugin. Trial version let people TRY before buy. When I code it, people have used it a lot, without problens, and I sold a few copies (My best seller plugin sold about 15 copies, just to say. Yes, my best seller plugin sold 15 copies). It´s not a problem for me, anyway.

2: Lack of support? I really not undestand. I have personal problems last 2 year, everybody knows that. But in the last year, I have answered all emails. tmScheduler and tmCalendar was released almost bug free. Calendar was a bug and i have fixed it. My fault was not posting the updates on this foruns telling that, and SHX (Steve is right, because he did not receive it, maybe the email delivery was fault), etc.

3: Last month i have coded a few implementations on DBF and MDB plugins, tmDates, tmCalendar, tmClock, tmScheduler, etc. I have sent the updates via email.

4: I really not agree that my plugins is full of BUGS. Many people use it. As Bob said, they are useless!!

5: I am on Neobook community for 6 years, since 2000. Wich plugin developer stays that long on business?

6: Dave removed my plugins from Neosoftware page. All the plugins listed there works. The problem, I agree, is the pre-orders. They are not listed there.

7: Bob, you are right, there´s some InternetSuite not delivered. I will stop all developments to deliver it.

8: I want to say that i will not abandon Neobook plugins that i have been promissed or done. After that, I will think in release future plugins, but, as I said, I´m always on my email. Sometimes, I answer in 24 hours, but usually, in less.

9: I can understand the angry about the time frame, but i really not agree with the post about "LOT OF BUGS".
Alberto_Meyer

Postby beno » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:12 pm

Hi Alberto,

Nice to see you here.

I made some orders too about new plugins. I´m not going to list them here... this is not the case from my point of view.

But I would expect you have a record of your clients requests and you can contact them and send them their updates on the released plugins and news on the upcoming.

I have not received any message from you. And in the other hand I surely do not want to bomb your email pushing you about the plugins I purchased.

Finally, maybe this thread title "lots of bugs" may not be accurate to describe your work, which we all respect, but we all have to recognize that angry has arisen due to the big delay on your offerings, and we have to keep going on this.

Saludos and best wishes,

beno
beno

The Problem

Postby rcohen » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:07 pm

Alberto,

I really not agree that my plugins is full of BUGS.

I think this here is the problem. People who pay you for a plugin and then experience a problem with it, really don't CARE what you agree with. If the plugin locks up a publication repeatedly, and with more than one person, then it has a bug. PERIOD.

What I"m telling you Alberto, is that you obviously can't fix a problem if you won't even acknowledge it exists. And THAT point alone is why I am angry. You didn't take my report seriously enough (til now) to look into it with any great depth.

I told you MONTHS ago about this Javascript problem with your plugin RIGHT HERE IN THIS FORUM and you REFUSED to accept that it was a flaw with your plugin.... and I lost a HUGE contract as a result. You see Alberto, SUPPORT is about a LOT more than simply answering emails. You ALSO have to answer (AND acknowledge) ISSUES. In all fairness, you replied to (almost) all of my inquiries, but honestly speaking, you hardly ever addressed ISSUES.

And BTW, MY ISSUE is ** NOT ** just a V5 issue.... I was reporting this bug to you back last year (NB4) when you were trying to squash this bug for a custom copy you were trying to get working for me. It was this very same bug, but at the time I did not make the connection between the lockups and the embedded javascript.

And once more... Alberto... I"m not kicking up a fuss because this plugin is not working. I'm kicking up a fuss because you didn't act on this 18 months ago when it WOULD have made a difference. But now the only question remaining is if this issue will now become the death of a SECOND project, or if you'll actually be able to address it.

In any case, I wish you the best.

rcohen
rcohen

Postby David de Argentina » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:39 am

naglieri wrote:If really cleaning was had to do, the plugins of André Valdeci de Souza, NeopolisOz, Aplicaciones Especiales is surely, from the technical point of view, inferior to those of Meyer yet I am still them.

Hi Marco !

Nice to see you again,

Perharps, you have reason....
Alberto's Plugins have the nicest cosmetic looks...

But...
Perharps,
Our (Andre's, NeoPolis and mine) Plugins works fine ....

And...
I think there are no reason to involve us on this situation...

By the way...

Where do i send you the invoice for the technical assistant and research you asked me about 3 plugins development ?

Best regards,

David de Argentina
Aplicaciones Especiales
David de Argentina

Postby Alberto_Meyer » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:15 am

I told you MONTHS ago about this Javascript problem with your plugin RIGHT HERE IN THIS FORUM and you REFUSED to accept that it was a flaw with your plugin.... and I lost a HUGE contract as a result.

And I told you that plugin can´t covered all the possible scenarios. You have point me 3 URLS that is not working. Robert, if you had such a HUGE contract, why not hire a developer to code this application?

I have to say that you was the only person with complains with this plugin.
Now, there´s an issue with it when Neo5 shutdowns, wich I´m resolving. I had to split this plugin in 2 parts, AND your plugin is a special version, that kill application in memory, etc.

But, you will receive this "javascript proof" plugin. I took this entirely weekend for this.
Alberto_Meyer

Postby naglieri » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:09 am

I didn't want to be offensive, perhaps I'm let me take too much from the situation.
David's plugins de Argentina they are surely good.
As surely David de Argentina and the other developers know, whatever plugin has some bugs, less or more important. what don't like me is the behavior against Meyer, with which I don't have problem to admit to have a relationship of job and friendship.

The patrimony of plugin developed by Meyer is very tall, as also their complexity.

I have surely been wrong in to want to make comparisons, I am aware that every single plugin represents the maximum effort for the planner, and that therefore as such it deserves the maximum respect.
I confirm, as society I have purchased a lot of plugins, and a lot of them have been developed me ad hoc and it is normal that there is always anything that doesn't work as it would be.

Neobook is surely a good tool of development, a lot of powerful with the support of the plugins, but we cannot be pretended that a program is composed from the 99% of plugin and wizard, we need also to assemble in to write two lines of code.
Naglieri Marco
Information Technology
Tel +39-0721-433352 Fax +39-0721-400924
Renco S.p.A - 61100 Pesaro - Italy
www.renco.it
naglieri

Postby Frank » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:17 am

Hello Alberto,

3: Last month i have coded a few implementations on DBF and MDB plugins, tmDates, tmCalendar, tmClock, tmScheduler, etc. I have sent the updates via email.

I haven't seen anything of MDB (1 of my purchases - but not (yet) received) or any update on DBF (purchased) or tmClock (purchased) ?! If these are only sent upon request then this is really not good! Put them on your website!!!

7: Bob, you are right, there´s some InternetSuite not delivered. I will stop all developments to deliver it.

This is 1 of my purchases too (not entirely received)!
Please, put it on the website for download, not via email...

Beno: But I would expect you have a record of your clients requests and you can contact them and send them their updates on the released plugins and news on the upcoming. I have not received any message from you.

Likewise...

Beno: And in the other hand I surely do not want to bomb your email pushing you about the plugins I purchased

And that makes 2 of us...

Alberto, if you don't have a list of my purchased - but not (yet) delivered plug-ins - anymore, I would be happy to give it to you. But what the *beep* is going on, because I just don't understand it anymore.

Regards,
Frank

Nil Volentibus Arduum
Frank

Postby Jay-Bird » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:20 am

Hi Al,

1: HTML Helper was a TRIAL version plugin. Trial version let people TRY before buy.

If I had known that it would be a perpetual trial version never moving into the completed stage, I would not have purchased. Many of us waited (waiting) for an update or several bugfixes to this plugin. Search your emails...I emailed you months ago to which I have never recieved a reply. Also you ignored this thread http://www.neosoftware.com/forum/viewto ... &&start=15
.... tmHTMLhelper is useless to us...

I own DBF, tmDates, tmCalendar, tmClock, tmScheduler...I NEVER recieved any updates OR any emails from you since purchasing last year. And if you will check your referer, you will see MY IP ADDRESS on there at least EVERY day checking your website for updates.

4: I really not agree that my plugins is full of BUGS. Many people use it. As Bob said, they are useless!!

I agree, they are not Full of Bugs...you are a very talented programmer...but the few bugs that are there make it un-useable.

I would appreciate an email with any updated compenents... perhaps I just have missed any updates that corrected the problem...

Jay
Jay-Bird

Postby Alberto_Meyer » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:10 am

- I have all purchases recorded.
- My fault: it´s a bad idea send updates by email
- If you don´t receive a reply from me in 36 hours, it´s almost sure that i did not receive it.
- When i released the HTMLHelper, it was complete. I usually accept user suggestions, so, when a user put his suggestion in a web site, ans ask for it later, people think that plugin in incomplete.
- Frank: sorry to hear that. These plugins are ready for long time, and, i´m sure i have sent the serials. If you didn´t receive, i don´t know why. You are sure. The updates must be on my site. I´m taking care of it this weekend.
- I know that is impossible to make a software without bugs. I know that some plugins have bugs. It´s my policy to try to correct the bugs just after receive a notification. Some people ask for a new action that takes time, unfortunately. Recently, i have posted a Spreadsheet update that take months to be completed (Spreadsheets inside rectangles, so you can have many sheets inside your pub).
- I don´t know, but I have more than 50 plugins out there. The guys of HTMLHelper complains are throwing all of this plugins on trash. Sad.
Alberto_Meyer

Postby Alberto_Meyer » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:13 am

Jay, about the thread you specify: Yes, i didn´t read it, because i was out of the foruns, as i said many times. I have asked to write emails to me, because i just receive it every hour. Only when i go out to a trip, i have a delay on answer.
Alberto_Meyer

Postby AlfB » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:27 am

hi Al,
at least I'm glad to see you back on the forum again, which is IMHO something a Neobook plugin developer should never cease.
I agree with Jay-Bird that obviously you don't seem to have a list of all plugins bought by your customers in a database (or maybe the list is faulty). So I received from you via email twice tmMDB updates upt to version 1.05 with considerable bug-fixes and improvements. On the other hand I didn't get updates for DBF, tmdates, tmcalendar, tmscheduler during the last two or so months.
I visit your webpage as well, and it still says you will be back on Jan8!

Desperately I was searching the forum for older postings, and I found that you had some problems in delivering plugins already with NB3. Then for a long period you retired from the NB scene, and about 3 years ago you came back with really impressive products on one side, some of them even being free. The back of the medal however: some minor bugs in several plugins are not good publicity for your brand of plugins.

But as a software developer I know (and Robert should know as well): almost every piece of software contains more or less bugs. Only thing is: A developer should give customers a list of known issues (as Robert does) , and the best medium to do that is a website.

As I stated in several postings on this issue: I think it not to be ideal to promise things you can't fulfill within a reasonable period of time.

But: It is true for me, that on the plugins list of Neobook there are lots of entries which link to "buggy" or out of date plugins, and a lot of Al's plugins are still worth to be mentionned there, as they add good functionality to our superb Neobook. For me it's too easy to ban the whole lot of things.

My 2.5 cents

ALF
AlfB

Postby Alberto_Meyer » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:41 am

Hi. about the DBF, Scheduler, Calendar, Dates, etc, will be on my updated site. I´m working now on that;
Alberto_Meyer

Postby rcohen » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:40 pm

And I told you that plugin can´t covered all the possible scenarios. You have point me 3 URLS that is not working. Robert, if you had such a HUGE contract, why not hire a developer to code this application?

Simply AMAZING you might suggest that Alberto. WHAT do you think I was TRYING to do when we were dancing with that custom version you couldn't fix ?? We had agreed on a payment method and I thought that meant you were "on the case". But then you disappeared.

I have to say that you was the only person with complains with this plugin.

AGAIN you are showing that you don't READ or HEAR what people are telling you. AL... Please read your email and these forums more carefully.... and you'll SEE that the above statement is NOT TRUE. Why do you continually dig for reasons to prove my reports non-valid? Is this what YOU call support ??

But, you will receive this "javascript proof" plugin. I took this entirely weekend for this.

Remlap and I will be quite greatful to recieve a working copy of this plugin for sure.... and it will finally put to rest the issue I've been struggling with for nearly two years.

I look forward to having TechMedia back on track Alberto... I would not hesitate to purchase future products from you.... as when they work, they work very very well. Again, I have no beef with you and your products EXCEPT when you don't take me seriously as a customer or try to deny there is a problem when I KNOW I'm having one.

And please understand, that my turning to the forums for help in this matter (after all this time) was an act of desperation, not something I intended as a personal attack. But I think you know this.

I look forward to your fixed up plugin, and will surely report to this forum and to NeoSoft when this is properly addressed.

Thanks Alberto for returning to the forums.... and for "facing the music". And good luck with finding the remaining issues.

Cheers

rcohen
rcohen

Postby Alberto_Meyer » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:35 pm

Well, what we have to do now is WORK.
Alberto_Meyer

Postby rcohen » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:52 pm

Alberto,

Quick question. Since you broke the fuctionalilty of HTMLHelper into two plugins, how will you handle the current registered users of the plugin when you release the fix? Are you going to release a fix of the old, ONE plugin version first? OR are you going to replace it with TWO plugins ?

Thanks

rcohen
rcohen

PreviousNext

Return to PlugIn Discussions