Source language: Translate to:

hpwSimpleGraph

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Postby WinMacLyn » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:30 am

Thanks a lot HPW for all your help.

The software application that I am making with hpwSimpleGraph it is on its final phase.
It is a commercial grade program. But I am going to release it as FREWARE; Embedded (included) with other applications.
It is OK with that?
WinMacLyn

Postby HPW » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:14 am

No problem. The included License.txt is clear.

Maybe you can send me a copy to see what others are doing with it.

The real thanks have to go to Kambiz R. Khojasteh for TSimpleGraph
www.delphiarea.com
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby WinMacLyn » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:36 pm

Hi HPW,

Sure, as soon I finish the application I will send you a copy.
At this time it is almost complete, but needs to be polished a little bit more.

I want to know if it is possible to be able to enhance further more the hpwSimpleGraph with the following possibilities. :wink:

--> A full screen mode of the RSimpleGraph.

--> To be able to play a MPEG, AVI and/or Flash movie inside the figures.

--> To have the options 1/0 of solid/transparent of the RSimpleGraph.

--> The options 1/0 to show/hide the scrolling bars of the RSimpleGraph.

--> To be able to zoom in / zoom out each separately figure.

--> The option to make a panning (to move the RSimpleGraph horizontally with the middle wheel of the mouse. (Same as it is vertically but horizontally).

Thank you HPW.
If you do things with love, passion and common sense everything in life will be returned to you the same way.
WinMacLyn

Postby HPW » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:42 pm

--> A full screen mode of the RSimpleGraph.

Can you make your neobook app full screen? If so then you can make your rectangle into this full size.

--> To be able to play a MPEG, AVI and/or Flash movie inside the figures.

You should ask such a question on the SimpleGraph forum. Kambiz will answer question about the base technology of TSimpleGraph. He seems to be working on a major 3.0 release. But I do not know details of planned features of this version. I hope it will be compatible to the current 2.61. Other wise it will be a lot work and time-comsuming (which is always the critical factor)

--> To have the options 1/0 of solid/transparent of the RSimpleGraph.

Of the whole canvas? Seeing the underlying neobook? Switchable at runtime?
Not sure if it is possible.

--> The options 1/0 to show/hide the scrolling bars of the RSimpleGraph.

Might be possible! Switchable at runtime or online onCreate?

--> To be able to zoom in / zoom out each separately figure.

Zoom to node-ID? Zoom to numerical value?
Or a GetNodePosition by ID?

--> The option to make a panning (to move the RSimpleGraph horizontally with the middle wheel of the mouse. (Same as it is vertically but horizontally).

This works for me. I can either use the left-button with hpwSimpleGraphMode= cmPan or the middle button in all modes (but this might be my intellisense mouse)
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby WinMacLyn » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:15 pm

Thank you HPW for your continue support in upgrading the fantastic and powerful hpwSimpleGraph.

Can you make your neobook app full screen? If so then you can make your rectangle into this full size.
Sure I always can use [WindowsPlatform] and Javascripts and many other ways to accomplish the full screen mode.

You should ask such a question on the SimpleGraph forum. Kambiz will answer question about the base technology of TSimpleGraph. He seems to be working on a major 3.0 release. But I do not know details of planned features of this version. I hope it will be compatible to the current 2.61. Other wise it will be a lot work and time-comsuming (which is always the critical factor)
I visited the website of Kambiz. His community forum looks very interesting.
I will write him about placing video formats and Flash objects in the figures.

Zoom to node-ID? Zoom to numerical value?
Or a GetNodePosition by ID?
Please both

This works for me. I can either use the left-button with hpwSimpleGraphMode= cmPan or the middle button in all modes (but this might be my intellisense mouse)
Yes I can use the cmPan with left button in all modes. But I can not use the middle wheel button and make the RSimpleGraph scroll from side to side as I can do with same button scrolling up and down. Can you make this possible?

Thanks a lot
If you do things with love, passion and common sense everything in life will be returned to you the same way.
WinMacLyn

Postby HPW » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:11 am

Please both

I have forgot hpwSimpleGraphZoomRect and hpwSimpleGraphObject.
That should do the job.
Or do you mean a scroll without changing current zoom-factor?

Yes I can use the cmPan with left button in all modes.
But I can not use the middle wheel button and make the RSimpleGraph scroll from side to side as I can do with same button scrolling up and down. Can you make this possible?

Still not sure what you mean, but the mouse interaction is part of the base TSimpleGraph.
So maybe also a question for Kambiz forum.
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby HPW » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:02 am

Just released hpwSimpleGraph 1.15:

http://www.hpwsoft.de/anmeldung/html1/n ... ook19.html

Action: hpwSimpleGraphSetSrollbars - Set the visibility of the scrollbars of a SimpleGraph-control.
Variable: hpwSimpleGraphShowScrollbars - Set the visibility of the scrollbars on Create.
Action: hpwSimpleGraphScrollCenterPoint - Scroll the point into center of a SimpleGraph-control.
Action: hpwSimpleGraphScrollCenterRect - Scroll the rect into center of a SimpleGraph-control.
Action: hpwSimpleGraphScrollCenterObject - Scroll the object into center of a SimpleGraph-control.
Action: hpwSimpleGraphScrollInViewPoint - Scroll the point into the view of a SimpleGraph-control.
Action: hpwSimpleGraphScrollInViewRect - Scroll the rect into the view of a SimpleGraph-control.
Action: hpwSimpleGraphScrollInViewObject - Scroll the object into the view of a SimpleGraph-control.

Disabling the scrollbar is currently not of much use, because most of the pan/scroll/zoom options will no longer work, because that code heavily use scrollbar propertys.
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby HPW » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:56 am

Just released hpwSimpleGraph 1.16:

http://www.hpwsoft.de/anmeldung/html1/n ... ook19.html

Disabled hpwSimpleGraphShowScrollbars let now zoom and pan work.

(The trick is not to set the visible-property. The scrollbars stay now visible but the canvas and its scrollbox is made bigger by the amount of the scrollbar width)
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby WinMacLyn » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:55 pm

Thanks a lot HPW,

I am very grateful to you for all the upgrades you have done for the hpwSimpleGraph.

Please, can you include the following commands in the hpwSimpleGraph to work with the [RSimpleGraph]? It will be easier to implement them in the applications if they are just in one line.

FileOpenBox
Of all working formats, including .sgp but from a different command

FileSaveBox
To all working formats, including .sgp but from a different command

----------------------

The hpwSimpleGraphSaveToFile and hpwSimpleGraphLoadFromFile are really nice to have, and with the addition of FileOpenBox and FileSaveBox running from other special commands will be really great.

Just one line (with all compatible formats) instead of:
Code: Select all
FileSaveBox "Save" "HTML File|*.html|Flash File|*.swf|Image File PNG|*.png|Image File BMP|*.bmp|Image File JPG|*.jpg" "c:\" "[File]"
If "[File]" ">" ""
FileWrite"[File]" "1" "[Graph]"
EndIf

Thank you my friend
WinMacLyn

Postby HPW » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:24 pm

WinMacLyn,

It will be easier to implement them in the applications if they are just in one line.

Why should I duplicate code when you only want a one-liner?
Use SubRoutines of functions and you have the similar effect.

FileSaveBox "Save" "Graph File|*.sgp" "c:\" "[File]"
If "[File]" ">" ""
hpwSimpleGraphSaveToFile "[File]" "[Graph]"
EndIf
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby WinMacLyn » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:00 am

Uppssss, I did not considered to use the hpwSimpleGraphSaveToFile in the code! Sorry about that!
WinMacLyn

Postby WinMacLyn » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:57 am

Hi HPW,

The following code did not work, can you tell me where is the problem ?
FileSaveBox "Save" "Graph File|*.sgp|HTML File|*.html|Flash File|*.swf|Image File PNG|*.png|Image File BMP|*.bmp|Image File JPG|*.jpg" "c:\" "[File]"
If "[File]" ">" ""
hpwSimpleGraphSaveToFile "[File]" "[RSimpleGraph]"
EndIf
WinMacLyn

Postby HPW » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:41 am

hpwSimpleGraphSaveToFile is only for saving SimpleGraph own SGP format.
You may want to use hpwSimpleGraphExportToBitmap and hpwSimpleGraphExportToEMF.
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby WinMacLyn » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:15 am

Hi HPW,

Please can you enhance the hpwSimpleGraph a little bit more with the following items?

--> Zoom to numerical value

--> Get figure (node) position by ID

--> With an option [1] [0] to be able to scroll with the middle button of the mouse without changing current zoom-factor.

--> To have the options [1] [0] of solid / transparent of the RSimpleGraph (the canvas “rectangle” to be transparent).

--> To be able to move (within any position X Y) programmatically with time intervals the RSimpleGraph (canvas) background bmp image.

--> To be able to zoom in / zoom out each separately figure (Node) with the middle wheel of the mouse.

--> The options [1] [0] to be able to move the RSimpleGraph (canvas) from side to side (horizontally) with the middle wheel of the mouse instead of vertically.

--> To be able to move programmatically with time intervals each separate figure (node).
Like PowerPoint does move (animate) the figures from point A to point B when it is in presentation mode.

Thank you for all HPW
WinMacLyn

Postby HPW » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:14 am

--> Zoom to numerical value

hpwSimpleGraphZoomValue

--> Get figure (node) position by ID

Maybe possible. Have to check.

--> With an option [1] [0] to be able to scroll with the middle button of the mouse without changing current zoom-factor.

I do not understand. When I roll the wheel I get a zoom.
When I press and hold, I get an anchor and a arrow to scroll in all directions.

--> To have the options [1] [0] of solid / transparent of the RSimpleGraph (the canvas “rectangle” to be transparent).

Not sure if possible. What should show through?
TSimplegraph can not know about possbile background and what show through.

--> To be able to move (within any position X Y) programmatically with time intervals the RSimpleGraph (canvas) background bmp image.

Which background bmp image?

--> To be able to zoom in / zoom out each separately figure (Node) with the middle wheel of the mouse.

Zooming with the wheel alway zoom there where the cursor is placed?

--> The options [1] [0] to be able to move the RSimpleGraph (canvas) from side to side (horizontally) with the middle wheel of the mouse instead of vertically.

That behaviour is part of the used TSimpleGraph component.
You may asked Kambiz on his forum.

--> To be able to move programmatically with time intervals each separate figure (node).
Like PowerPoint does move (animate) the figures from point A to point B when it is in presentation mode.

Would be a command NodeSetPos, which you can use from script.
Have to check.

Generally there is to say that this freeware-project is a Graphing-tool and not intended to be general-purpose-graphic component. Kambiz and my time is limited and so it is not possible to get every wish.
Hans-Peter
HPW

PreviousNext

Return to PlugIn Discussions