Source language: Translate to:

Neobook utilities plug-in update

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Postby AlfB » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:38 pm

hi,
Thank you for the regular updates.
Did you also change the example pub with the new feature?

ALF
AlfB

Postby cp4w » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:04 pm

Can dgtreecreate have a filter for file type or a file mask?
cp4w

Postby dpayer » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:13 pm

I have just downloaded the latest plugin and demo file of your File Utility plugin.

It works properly but when I go to exit the demo by clicking either corner of the window. I get the following:

Running Win2000 Pro.

By the way, will your plugins work properly with Windows 95/98/ME?

David P.
dpayer

Postby dpayer » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:35 am

Hi.
I finally successed in posting reply. Could you be more specific about this error, i.e. did that error occure during the testing process (clicking on the buttons) or just on the closing app.?
Regarding Win98 and WinME I don't know since I can't test it (no one I know does not have these kind of OSs). I will try to find it or even to install on the virutal machine and I will inform you about the results.

BR
marije

This ONLY occured during the closing of the app from the top of the window.

You would be amazed at how many people are still using Win98/ME. I run an ISP and while doing support I can see that about 25-30% are still on older OSes. To avoid them is an issue.

D
dpayer

Postby dpayer » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:34 am

mljolje wrote:Hi David.
I've finally succesed in testing plug-in but only on Win95 and I can say there was difficulties with database grids (as long I did not installed MDAC 2.1).

Chart and Utilites plug-ins work fine.
I can not reproduce error that are you getting on Win 2000. Do you have install default printer?

BR
marije

I do have a default printer. But I think I know an issue. I got this error while running the demo in the compile mode of the IDE. I do NOT get the error when I fully compile the app as a standalone exe and then runit and close it. I have not had that problem with other apps so that is why I contacted you on this.

David P.
dpayer

Postby remlap » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:07 am

hi mljolje

Thanks for the update.

With regard to the commands, dgGetComputerNameInfo and dgGetUserNameInfo, perhaps I am doing something wrong.....

dgGetComputerNameInfo:
The eight variables returned, all contained the same value "Laptop"?

dgGetUserNameInfo:
Only returned one variable, dgUserName which contained exactly the same information as can be found in the neobook global variable, [UserName]?

I figure that both of these commands are capable of returning more information than I received, so I wonder what I was doing wrong? Does the application need to be compiled for this to work properly?

Cheers
remlap

Next

Return to PlugIn Discussions