Source language: Translate to:

Billenium Transitions for NeoBook new version 1.1

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Postby HPW » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:38 am

After some look on Billenium Effects 4 for Delphi I want to post a reminder for this fantastic plugin.
There is much in the new delphi version which I would like to see in the neobook plugin (which is based on V3).

So when someone is interested in transitions and want a good buy, then support this product,
so it can be further developed (ported to V4).
Francisco Sanchez has also more interesting ideas which would a great addition to the current technology.

So talk about it to your neobook fellows!
:wink:
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby cp4w » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:16 am

I have purchased this great plug-in and encourage other to do so and support development efforts as well.
cp4w

Postby rcohen » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:47 am

I have supported this great plugin and plan to continue supporting it. Additionally, I would personally have no problem if there were an upgrade fee to cover ongoing development efforts.

This plugin is indeed quality goods and is on my top ten list ;-)

Thanks Francisco for your contributions... and know that I would surely support any further contributions that you are willing to make.

Cheers

rcohen
rcohen

Postby eddy current » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:32 pm

Although I do not post here often, I will also add my praise for this product. One of the first add-ons/plug-ins I purchased for NeoBook and I've been extremely happy. I would also be willing to support future upgrades/updates.

Glen
Purdue Univ.
eddy current

Postby Sam Cox » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:35 pm

I bought the original when it came out, and I'll buy the update when it is available. I love this plugin.
Sam Cox

Postby Gaev » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:16 pm

Don't wish to dampen all this recent excitement but ...

a) The previous version (Billenium Effects 3) was released in June/2005.

b) From July/2005 to December/2005, Francisco promised (in emails between us) that he was going to upgrade the plugin to match his Billenium Effects 4 Delphi product.

c) Finally, in April/2006, he advised me that he would not be doing so ... for reasons I will not divulge here.

d) So I was at first delighted about all this pent up excitement about a new version ... but is there any commitment from Francisco for an update ?

Reading Hans-Peter's post more carefully ...
So when someone is interested in transitions and want a good buy, then support this product, so it can be further developed (ported to V4).
Francisco Sanchez has also more interesting ideas which would a great addition to the current technology.
... perhaps, it is just a wishful thinking on HPW's part.

e) I would be willing to purchase an enhanced version of this plugin ... but only if this requirement ... posted back in june/2005 ...
However, would you be willing to publish the format of the "string values" stored in the "effect" parameter of the ShowObject/HideObject commands ? ... I suppose one could figure them out by trial and error but not recommended in case you decide to make changes in the future ... I ask because knowing the format would make it much more efficient in deploying effects dynamically e.g. instead of hard coding ...

ShowObject "Picture5" "Billenium" "BTNS203E80300"

... one could have ...

ShowObject "Picture5" "Billenium" "[myEffect]"

... and the variable [myEffect] could be endlessly modified (perhaps inside a Loop) or stored/loaded from file/database (akin to StyleSheets and HTML documents).
... was addressed.

Perhaps Francisco can post his plans for upgrading his plugin here ... features, dates etc.
Gaev

Postby HPW » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:32 pm

... perhaps, it is just a wishful thinking on HPW's part.

Surly it is wishful thinking from my part.
(It was also my wishfull thinking to initial contact him for V1)

I had email-contact with him because I was impressed by the delphi 4 demo.
As you post correctly, in the past he had no plans to upgrade the neobook plugin,
because he was disappointed by the sales-number.
Commercial developing for the neobook market seems to be not an easy task.
Or do other commercial professionals stands out here with regular updates and ongoing product support/improvments?

So now after some time has gone, Francisco now seems no more strictly against a new version.
He made no promise and has the same time problems like the most of us.
And he is not someone who promise something and does not hold it.

So my intention for this reminder here, was to set a signal how much interest is still here in the community for such a professional product.
Maybe this could help to push his decision to make another release.

(But maybe the Director/Authorware community is bigger or pays better for transition-XTRA's)

Just my 2 cents (€)
;-)
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby HPW » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:21 am

My wishfull thinking has become reallity.

As a registered user I got mail about a new major release 2.0 !!

See yourself whats new:

http://www.billeniumsoft.com/btn/versions.htm

Still the best (and only) transition plugin for neobook.

;-)

(I just ordered my update)

And many thanks to Francisco !
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby BilleniumSoft » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:30 am

Hi all,

to be honest I really wanted to create this new version because I like the product and the people who buyed version 1 have been waiting for some new features for too long and they deserved them if only for their interest and kind words about the PlugIn and me.

On the other hand, I'm running a business and have a family so the decision to start the implementation was continuosly delayed due to the low ROI (Return Of Investment) of the PlugIn.

Finally I decided to give it a 2nd try and the new version has just been released. As others have already stated here (thank you for that) it's in your hands that this PlugIn gets profitable and new versions come.

All customers of version 1 should have received an email containing upgrading information. If you didn't get it please contact me at support@billeniumsoft.com
Regards,
Francisco Sanchez
BilleniumSoft
http://www.billeniumsoft.com
BilleniumSoft

Postby rcohen » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:34 am

Thanks Francisco !!

Once again, an awesome job !!!

Cheers

rcohen
rcohen

Previous