Source language: Translate to:

NeobookDB update

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeobookDB update

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:24 pm

Hi.
I would like to know if neosoft has plans for one update for this plugin (exactly paying some value therefore).  I think that well structuralized this plugin has great potentialities and is without a doubt one more value for the Neobook.  ... (no meanwhile has immense aspects that they need to be implemented).
Thank you.

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:48 am

We're planning to look into updating NeoBookDB in the next couple of months. One idea is to rewrite the plug-in to use a more modern database engine. If you have any suggestions, please let us know.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:38 pm

Yes.

Support of other file formats such as MS Access MDB files.

Neal

NeoBookDB Update suggestions

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:36 am

Hi

Support for MSAccess or OLE DB would be good and an improved Grid control with combo support and some other extras would also be a plus.

But for me the absolute must has to be Master / Details support, you just can't build Dbase's applications without it.

Thanks

Robert

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:46 am

Hi...

We're planning to look into updating NeoBookDB in the next couple of months. One idea is to rewrite the plug-in to use a more modern database engine. If you have any suggestions, please let us know.

The problems of NeoBookDB are known, a fully new database with modern engine as you said will explode the power of NeoBook.

Some futures welcome
* Support internet connection
* Multi user
* Fully customize Grid
* Export in to other formats (SQL-MDB etc.)
* Print Engine
* Customize Reports
* Support Tables & primary keys
* Sequrity

Well that's enough...

Thanks

Postby smartmedia » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:25 am

Hi...

I like to ask if NB team planing to update the NB dbase in near future...???

Thanks...
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:07 am

Updating NeoBookDB is on our list of things to do. In the mean time, I hear TechMedia is working on a very powerful database plug-in.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby AlfB » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:44 pm

working on it yes, but...
unfortunately just another promised release date passed by, so this seems to become common in NB scene. sorry, I'm usually quite patient, but in this case: since december we get from date to date, and no result. just having paid 60 bucks about 5 months ago for nothing.

ALF
AlfB

Postby djold1 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:48 pm

Grumpy...grumpy... grumpy...

Were you forced to pay 60 bucks 5 months ago? I think you had the choice to wait if you wanted to.

Neobook DB is a separate thing entirely from the NeoBook V upgrade. How many hands and minds do your think that NeoSoft has to work on projects?

In what may be another of those attempts to be responsive with their customers that may backfire on them, they have even suggested that they would consider developing a major new DB plugin. These are brave people considering that a very few NeoBook customers will take advantage of this kind of openess to stab them.

Have you noticed that with all the energy being expended on V5 and the 5.01 improvement that the support on this forum and the private email support never faltered?

I have been using NeoBook since 2001. In all the time (a lifetime in the computer world :roll: ), NeoSoft has always done better at support and upgrades than any other pro software supplier I have worked with. I know of nothing that they have defaulted on, the few mistakes were honestly admitted and fixed and they have been unfailingly courteous to customers. Even those who did not show courtesy and understanding to them.

Pretty good outfit..
Pete Charlton
djold1

Postby Wrangler » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:51 pm

Ditto.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby MM » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:24 pm

In the mean time, I hear TechMedia is working on a very powerful database plug-in

Were you forced to pay 60 bucks 5 months ago? I think you had the choice to wait if you wanted to.

I agree with alf in regard to techmedia.

Why is it wrong for him to expect some inkling of when something that he already paid for, and was promised multiple times, is going to happen.

MM
MM

Postby AlfB » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:36 pm

@djold1 and wrangler: just not to be misunderstood, I don't criticize Neosoft in this, they never demanded money from me without keeping their promise. I also appreciate Al's good work at Techmedia, but as was often stated before: Techmedia promised so many times to release their DB-plugin, I almost can't believe it'll ever come out.
I just put it in this post, as Neosoft pointed out that there will be a very powerful db-plugin from Techmedia soon...

ALF
AlfB

Postby paglaraja » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:34 am

Hi,
Agree with AlfB. Snapshot from Techmedia Site.

Due on : 10/01/2005.
Last Announcement:
26/04/2005:
Please check website at this
date to download database plugins

Today : 28.04.2005

Download position : !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????!!!!!!!!!!

paglaraja[/img][/code]
paglaraja

Postby MM » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:12 am

I too agree and think that Techmedia has and can make great contributions and his work is great.

Also it would be great if he could supply the DB plugins and other stuff that is in development thereby freeing Neobook development to focus on other stuff.

Therefore I say that Alberto, please reappear and deliver those great plug-ins that you are working on!!

We miss you.

MM
MM

Neobook DB

Postby Bob123 » Mon May 09, 2005 5:06 pm

Neobook DB plugin is in my opinon the best plugin ever made for Neobook
and I hope they make an update soon I for one would be happy to pay for that plugin.

As for a the third party Dbase plugin, I am sure the third party Dbase plugin will be very good but I will wait for the new Neobook DB as it will be top quality.

Robert

:wink:
Bob123

Next

Return to PlugIn Discussions