Source language: Translate to:

hpwNewLISP - interface plugin to newLISP

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:58 am

Upload a new zip.

The PubViewer was not working with the new release.
I used a lokal variable 'int' which is now a protected symbol in newLISP.
It is short for 'integer' (Format-Conversion)

Anyone who download in the last half an hour should reload.

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:45 am

Just upload hpwNewLISP 2.0:

New bidirectional interface which now offers neobook scripting directly from newLISP.

newLISP-function: hpwDllName (Gets the real plugin-filename)
newLISP-function: hpwPlayAction (Play neobook scripts from newLISP)
newLISP-function: hpwGetVar (Get variable from neobook to newLISP)

The new functions are auto-registered inside the 'hpwSetNewLispDir' function.

question

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:40 am

HPW wrote:Just upload hpwNewLISP 2.0:

New bidirectional interface which now offers neobook scripting directly from newLISP.

newLISP-function: hpwDllName (Gets the real plugin-filename)
newLISP-function: hpwPlayAction (Play neobook scripts from newLISP)
newLISP-function: hpwGetVar (Get variable from neobook to newLISP)

The new functions are auto-registered inside the 'hpwSetNewLispDir' function.

Hans-Peter,

Does this mean that you could use a newLISP function (even running as a CGI on a webserver) could then run a neobook script, get a result from that program and act on it?

I have not used newLISP but have been reading their forum and saw the WIKI and other cgi projects made with newLISP and note its functionality as a possible extension of a web server.

David P.

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:52 am

Does this mean that you could use a newLISP function (even running as a CGI on a webserver) could then run a neobook script, get a result from that program and act on it?

Not sure what you want, but you can use newLISP for CGI's, but this is currently done with native newLISP. On the other side you can run a neobook script from the embeded newLISP.dll in neobook. You had done this before V2 with a prepared return-string of the newLISP-call. Now with V2 it is a more elegant call:

(hpwPlayAction {Alertbox "MyDialog" "MyTesttext"})

from inside any lisp-function. Together with the 'hpwGetVar' all variables can easily interchanged between both memorys.

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:57 am

Just upload a new ZIP:

Contains a new neoTurtle.lsp using the new direct-script technic.
Brings a overall speed-improvement, since screen is only once updated at the end. Use:

(Turtle:run) for old code
(Turtle2:run) for new code

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:18 am

Just upload a new ZIP:

(Turtle:run) for old code
(Turtle2:run) for new code

Now with timer object for benchmarking.
Performance increase factor ~18-20!

server applications

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:37 am

HPW wrote:
Not sure what you want, but you can use newLISP for CGI's, but this is currently done with native newLISP. On the other side you can run a neobook script from the embeded newLISP.dll in neobook. You had done this before V2 with a prepared return-string of the newLISP-call. Now with V2 it is a more elegant call:

(hpwPlayAction {Alertbox "MyDialog" "MyTesttext"})

from inside any lisp-function. Together with the 'hpwGetVar' all variables can easily interchanged between both memorys.

OK.. here is what I want. I want to create server applications that can use something like newLISP as the cgi process instead of php or perl. It would be my hope that I could create an interface for it with NB instead of via web pages so I could control processes via NB but allow web access to certain defined functions using a cgi like newLISP.

I understand NB logic a bit more clearly but I think I can make newLISP talk to a MySQL db as needed.

I just wanted to know if the newlisp dll used for NB apps is the same one used for CGI processes and if a NB app on a server could be made to listen to cgi processes initiated via the web to a newlisp dll.

David P.

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:19 am

>I just wanted to know if the newlisp dll used for NB apps is the same one used for CGI processes

No the newLISP.exe is used for CGI-processes.
I am not a web-expert, but as far as I know they use Apache as the
web server which calls newLISP.exe for CGI-processing.
For details you may ask on the newLISP forum.

>if a NB app on a server could be made to listen to cgi processes initiated via the web to a newlisp dll.

It must be a X86-windows server to run NB and I am not sure if this is possible. As said, I am not a web-expert and I would ask if neobook is the right tool for that job.

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:24 am

Just upload hpwNewLISP 2.01:

newLISP-function: hpwSetVar (Set variable in neobook from newLISP)
newLISP-function: nbplay (shorter global protected function of hpwPlayAction)
newLISP-function: nbget (shorter global protected function of hpwGetVar)
newLISP-function: nbset (shorter global protected function of hpwSetVar)

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:44 am

Just upload hpwNewLISP 2.02:

Bugfix: hpwGetVar did not always return the correct value

Sorry for that.

:(

Oh well....

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:35 pm

HPW wrote:It must be a X86-windows server to run NB and I am not sure if this is possible. As said, I am not a web-expert and I would ask if neobook is the right tool for that job.

I assumed that the newLISP executable for Windows could be used on webservers (IIS on Windows) just as it is used on Apache/Linux. It is merely a process of telling IIS what the extension it will use and then it will run it as a cgi process, as is done with PHP or Perl.

You answered my question though, it is not the same thing you are making in NB. I assumed it was the same newLISP dll/exe and that a wrapper of some sort 'talked' to the dll. If that were the case, then I could see how to make it work on an IIS webserver.

Thanks for your feedback.

David P.

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:25 pm

Just upload hpwNewLISP 2.03:

Change: nbget has now a size parameter for memory allocation '(nbget "[VAR]" 20)'
Minor Bugfix in return-string processing.

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:00 am

Just upload a new ZIP:

neoTurtle.lsp with Turtle3:run to test new direct interface.

hello Hans

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:05 am

I like to know somethings about the Newlisp:

-Is it possible to play mp3 songs with the Newlisp?
-Can I get tag info from an mp3?
-Can I mix two mp3?
-Is it have an database like Neobook?

Thanks

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:20 am

>-Is it possible to play mp3 songs with the Newlisp?

No, it is a general programming language from the lisp-family and not targetted as a multimedia language. (For that you have neobook) ;-)

>-Can I get tag info from an mp3?

Not sure, if I remember Sam has done something in that direction. He can tell us. But maybe there are other/better tools (plugins) for this.

>-Can I mix two mp3?

Not with newLISP I think. Of cource it might possible, since newlisp has commands for handling binary data.

>-Is it have an database like Neobook?

There are moduls for SQLite,MySQL and ODBC. Neobook does not have database support in the core, it is also done by a plugin. NewLISP has a powerfull DLL-interface, so many other options maybe possible.

Maybe some more answers here:

http://www.newlisp.org/index.cgi?page=FAQ

or here:

http://www.atlaol.net/newlisp/tutorial.html

PreviousNext

Return to PlugIn Discussions