Source language: Translate to:

A few questions for Web Publication

Questions and information about creating Internet aware NeoBook applications. Including PHP, HTML, FTP, HTTP, Email, etc.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

A few questions for Web Publication

Postby NyperCro » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:50 am

Hello ppl :)
Im wondering can i disable F5/Refresh button while Web version of publication is running so data in opened database won't damage ?

Also, if you can, to explain to me MultiUser option in NeoBookDB in more details how to use it

Big thank you in advance :)
NyperCro

Re: A few questions for Web Publication

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:24 am

Im wondering can i disable F5/Refresh button while Web version of publication is running so data in opened database won't damage ?

I assume you have compiled your publication as an ActiveX control. If so, you might be able to disable the F5 key by adding some JavaScript code (described below) to the HTML file used to display the pub.

http://forums.asp.net/t/1760286.aspx/1

Also, if you can, to explain to me MultiUser option in NeoBookDB in more details how to use it

The only difference when opening in multi-user mode is that the plug-in will attempt to lock the database before making changes to a record. This prevents more than one user from editing the same record at the same time. NeoBookDB cannot be used with databases stored on the Internet.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: A few questions for Web Publication

Postby NyperCro » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:48 pm

Thank you for reply :)

The only difference when opening in multi-user mode is that the plug-in will attempt to lock the database before making changes to a record. This prevents more than one user from editing the same record at the same time. NeoBookDB cannot be used with databases stored on the Internet.

I thought it so i considered using IIS and store it locally but make avalible across network so i colud use some info
NyperCro

Return to NeoBook and the Internet