Source language: Translate to:

Armadillo Protection: Problem with Windows7

Questions related to the distribution, marketing and selling of applications created with NeoBook. (Formally titled: "Making Money with NeoBook")

Moderators: Neosoft Support, Wrangler

Armadillo Protection: Problem with Windows7

Postby donmichel » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:54 am

Armadillo 7.00 protected application doesn't work on windows7 x86. Works fine in XP. Has anybody got similar experience?
donmichel

Postby Wrangler » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:40 am

It works fine. I'm not at a computer with armadillo installed so I can't give you specifics right now, but it needs to be configured a certain way to work with neobook apps.

Luckily, the solution has been posted here before. Do a forum search for 'armadillo' or 'software passport' and you should be able to find it.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby donmichel » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:10 am

It didn't work for me. I tried all the suggestions in the other posts but no use. Can anyone please share the exact configuration for Windows7?
donmichel

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:02 am

Below are the correct Armadillo/Software Passport settings for NeoBook apps:

1. On the "Data-After-Program Options" page, you must select "Protect, fake data location and headers". Selecting any other option on this page will corrupt the compiled publication.

2. On the "Interception Options" page of Armadillo's Project Settings screen, you need to select the "Intercept None" option. Other options on this page may interfere with some NeoBook plug-ins. Using "Intercept None" should not have any impact on the strength of the copy protection.

3. On the "Protection Options" page of Armadillo's Project Settings screen, do NOT use the "Standard Protection + Debug-Blocker" option. This option has been reported not to work with NeoBook publications.

If this doesn't work, you will need to contact Silicon Realms. In the past they have occasionally broken NeoBook compatibility when they release an upgrade. This fix needs to be done on the Armadillo side.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to Distributing, Marketing and Selling NeoBook Applications