Source language: Translate to:

Questions related to the distribution, marketing and selling of applications created with NeoBook. (Formally titled: "Making Money with NeoBook")

Moderators: Neosoft Support, Wrangler

Postby Frank » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:34 am

For your information:

ExeShield - Software Copy Protection ( )

From the creator:

With ExeShield it's easy to turn your applications into "try before you buy" software with very little effort, and maximum protection against piracy, backdating, reverse-engineering or any kind of tampering.

No extra hardware is required in order to protect your executable, but the choice is yours: choose between our 100% software-driven solution or our USB dongle version.

ExeShield will protect virtually any Win32 executable, including:

Visual Basic
C++ Builder
Visual Studio
FileMaker Pro Developer
SWFKIT Pro 2 (Flash to Exe)
RealBasic for Windows
FPS Creator
Blitz Basic
Dark basic
Macromedia Flash Executables
most eBooks

And last but not least: the latest update supports Neobook as well !!!

Its features are:
- Anti-debugging & Anti-monitoring Protection
- Sophisticated Encryption Technology
- Detects backdating or reinstallation
- Reliable Machine Locking Protection
- Invisible software-based protection requires no dongles
- Create evaluation copies tailored to your specific needs
- Easy to use - No source code modification - no dependencies
- Multilingual Support
- ExeShield is compatible with Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP and Vista

- And fantastic support for only (when compared to equivalent products) $ 79.95 US (standard version)

Are there any drawbacks?
- Well, perhaps the only thing I can think of is that ExeShield requires the directory and 'wrapped' executable to have full read/write permission. Normally this won't be a problem but in Vista it will.

ExeShield gives you the advice to use an Installer like Inno Setup, but for me this means to use another (script-like) Installer and I want to keep it simple...
I did some research and found a command line utility (called SetACL) that can give you full read/write permission to a folder and its files:

You can use the next syntax to get what you want:

Code: Select all
SETACL.EXE -on "<APPFOLDER>" -ot file -actn ace -ace n:S-1-1-0;p:full,write_dacl;s:y

I use Tarma QuickInstall and it has its own simplified SetACL command line utility to overcome this problem.

Perhaps a good alternative for the cheap ( but unfortunately not working in Vista ) rtProtectMgt and the quite expensive Silicon Realms Armadillo SoftwarePassport.

BTW, when compiling, you can compress your publication in Neobook as usual. ExeShield will 'wrap' the executable.

Nil Volentibus Arduum

Postby Wrangler » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:40 am

Thanks for this, Frank. Will have a look.
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook

Return to Distributing, Marketing and Selling NeoBook Applications