Source language: Translate to:

Microsoft Database Issue Windows 7 provider cannot be found

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Microsoft Database Issue Windows 7 provider cannot be found

Postby petski » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:28 am

I have a problem where some enduser that have Windows 7 operating system are receiving the following error message:
"Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed

The end users do not have Microsoft Access installed on there PC
My understanding is with the compiled version of Neobooks this is not a software dependency, however MDAC is?

The help for NeoBookDBPro states:

The Microsoft Data Access Drivers (MDAC) required for Microsoft Access databases are included with Windows starting with 98. Therefore publications that deploy Access databases should be viewable on all but the very oldest Windows 95 computers. (Windows 95 users can download MDAC free from Microsoft's web site if needed.)

The program runs fine on 95% of the installs - it has an access database "Cookbook.accdb"

Download for cook book program can be found at http://www.websitedesignsforless.com/

Any advice of what I can correct or should the end user reinstall Microsofts MDAC for Windows 7, any help would be greatly appreciate as I have only seen one post from 2012 and this did not help....
petski

Re: Microsoft Database Issue Windows 7 provider cannot be fo

Postby Neosoft Support » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:39 am

MDAC is integrated into Windows 7 so it's not even possible to re-install it individually. We really haven't run into any problems running DBPro apps with Windows 7, so I'm not sure exactly what to suggest. The error message would seem to indicate that something in the system configuration related to MDAC, ADO or ODBC is messed up, but pinpointing exactly what can be difficult.

Just a guess, but it's possible that something caused the service provider for the Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 database engine to become unregistered. To fix the problem issue the following command from a Command Prompt or Run:

regsvr32.exe msjetoledb40.dll
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: Microsoft Database Issue Windows 7 provider cannot be fo

Postby petski » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:03 pm

Thanks for the information - I did find a temporary work around was to download:
Microsoft 2010 Runtime

Once again thanks for the great timely support
petski

Return to NeoBookDBPro