Page 1 of 1

Old but not new report

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:01 pm
by BRobinsonS
I have a report I have moved columns closer together and added on field.

I developed this on XP machine, but it is for a Legion's membership database.

I test it on my computer in the development folder(debug) and in a separate folder with exe and dababase and it shows fine.

I copy the new exe which includes the adjusted report to the Legion computer (sorry Windows 2000 :( hoping to upgrade computer soon) and when I run the program the old report shows up i.e the old layout and without the extra field.
I haven't changed the name of the report.

Just curious if this has happened to anyone else or does it have something to do with Windows 2000?

I might try renaming the report to something else and use the new name in the program to see if that corrects it.

Re: Old but not new report

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:42 pm
by Gaev
Brian Robinson:
Just curious if this has happened to anyone else or does it have something to do with Windows 2000?
I might try renaming the report to something else and use the new name in the program to see if that corrects it.
I have never owned a computer running Windows 2000 ... nor moved a Report to another computer ... but the Help file says ...
Reports are stored in special database report files (*.dbr) containing the layout, formatting, graphics, etc. that define the report. Once created and saved, report files can be printed through NeoBookDBPro using the dbpPrintReport or dbpPreviewReport actions.
... however, you mentioned that ...
I copy the new exe which includes the adjusted report to the Legion computer
... so I ask ...

1) what exe file did you copy ?

2) did you copy the .dbr file ?
I might try renaming the report to something else and use the new name in the program to see if that corrects it.
Or copy the same exe to yet another computer ... doesn't have to be running Windows 2000

Re: Old but not new report

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:43 pm
by BRobinsonS
Haven't owned a computer with Windows 2000 either, but that's what I had to start with.
Did the job till now.
1) what exe file did you copy ?

The main program exe. Database and help file already there.
I even copied the files (exe,database) to a new folder with same results.
2) did you copy the .dbr file ?

No I understand it embeds in the exe (when compiling) and I believe it extracts when necessary. But can't find any documentation which supports this.
Or copy the same exe to yet another computer ... doesn't have to be running Windows 2000

Did that. My other computer,Windows XP. Report shows fine.

Re: Old but not new report

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:58 pm
by Gaev
Brian Robinson:
No I understand it embeds in the exe (when compiling) and I believe it extracts when necessary. But can't find any documentation which supports this.
How would NeoBook know to "automatically" embed such files ... I trust you print the Report via script like ...
Code: Select all
dbpPrintReport "database id" "report file" "options"
... the "report file" could be anything ... even a variable to be resolved at run time ... so I don't see how it could know what to embed at compile time.
The main program exe. Database and help file already there.
I even copied the files (exe,database) to a new folder with same results.
Take a look at the name (full path) of the "report file" in your pub ... and then make sure the latest version of the file is available to the exe in the other machine.

Re: Old but not new report

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:19 pm
by josesito
It happend to me once, I made changes to a report and it kept printing the old one (only in one machine). I noticed Windows was not erasing the report in the temp folder. Erase the temporal files and if possible change the name of the reportĀ“s file (also make the change in the .pub), it should work.

Re: Old but not new report

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:54 am
by BRobinsonS
Tried deleting tmp files on Windows 2000 computer.
Still showed old report.

Changed report name slightly and made appropriate change in Neobook.
Compiled new version.
Report now works.

Strange but solved.