Source language: Translate to:

Report Designer Error

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Report Designer Error

Postby dpayer » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:07 pm

I am attempting to create a report that will group records together by one of the column values.

The table has 6 columns but I just want to show two of those columns in the group.

I have 45,000 records in the DB (using MS SQL 2012).

I create a Group Header Partition and a Data Body Partition as shown in the helpfile. Once created I go to preview the report. It displays that it is "Performing First Pass" and it counts through the records as it does so. In my case, when it reaches page 65523 it throws up an error with the title: Report Designer. The content of the error is:
Error reading Image.Picture.Data: Out of memory while expanding memory stream.

Odd thing, there is no Image.Picture.Data fields in this DB. All but one are text fields. The other one is a date/time entry.

What could be happening?
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
dpayer

Re: Report Designer Error

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:31 am

You're trying to create a report with 65,000+ pages?

Try reducing the height of the data body partition so that it's just large enough for the two fields it contains. Then move the data body partition down a bit so that it doesn't overlap the group partition.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby dpayer » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:47 pm

Neosoft Support wrote:You're trying to create a report with 65,000+ pages?

Try reducing the height of the data body partition so that it's just large enough for the two fields it contains. Then move the data body partition down a bit so that it doesn't overlap the group partition.

No, I'm not trying to create a report that large. At most there were 43,000 records and I expected them to be grouped in about 50 records per group.

I got the same error when the partition was smaller too, it seemed to go through the same pagination process.

When this project is live, I will only have about 500-600 records but I cannot get my initial data sets from logs as I will get them in the future after a fix for a problem is made. I need to create my project for when the fix has been implemented. So, I am working outside normal boundaries.

What about the error that indicated an image.picture.data problem? I have no image data in this at all.

David P.
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
dpayer

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:25 am

I've never seen that error before.

Can you supply a sample report and database that I can use to reproduce the problem here?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBookDBPro