Source language: Translate to:

Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.

Postby smokinbanger » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:18 pm

While testing a compiled pub in a virtual machine running xp I get this error:
Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.

It the n gives some dbp connection errors after that like invalid datasase ID, and Table not open, etc. It only throws the error about 50% of the time, the rest it works just fine. I'ts a compiled pub so no debugger but I'm guessing its a dbp problem because of the following errors. Any ideas why? And why is it a "hit and miss"? Does this have something to do with the DB engine in Windows?

P.S. It's an Access DB
smokinbanger
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:53 am
Location: United States

Postby smokinbanger » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:23 am

OK so i found out that it is hanging on the dbpOpenAccessDatabase action. Why, I don't know because it's opening the other Access databases just fine, I already have another Access database open in the same pub when I get this error. It should be able to have more than one db open, right?
smokinbanger
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:53 am
Location: United States

Postby smokinbanger » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:54 am

OK so i just ran the test again but this time it was on a Win 7 virtual machine and got the same results. Is it possible that it has something to do with the virtual machine? It doesn't seem like it would because it's a full install.
smokinbanger
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:53 am
Location: United States

Postby smokinbanger » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:45 pm

FIXED!!

Lesson 1:
Don't use .accdb for your file extensions!

Lesson 2:
Re read lesson #1!

Summary:
Don't use .accdb for your file extensions!

Here's why:
For some reason with that extension it tries to use MS Access DB engine to open the DB but in this case because I was testing on a virtual machine that did NOT have any MS Office junk installed it would throw the error. Sounds retarded but that's all I could figure out. After doing some Googling I didn't find the answer but made me wonder if it was looking for some Access parts or pieces to open it even though the dbp Help reads
Microsoft Data Access Drivers (MDAC) required for Microsoft Access databases are included with Windows starting with 98
Then I remembered I had some other connectivity issues before with this same file even on my DEV machine ( Win 7 Ultimate x64). So I just removed the file extension and BINGO! So for future reference I won't be using .accdb OR .mdb extensions...

Just thought I'd share it all with ya 8)
smokinbanger
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:53 am
Location: United States

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:10 am

That's a tough one. I'm glad you found a solution.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team
 
Posts: 5605
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:48 pm
Location: Oregon, USA


Return to NeoBookDBPro

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest