Source language: Translate to:

Multi search into database and records into listbox

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Multi search into database and records into listbox

Postby martincalatrava » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:11 am

FIRST:
I need to know if in neobookdbpro can make multiple search into one dbpfind string or how, and I need to know too if it is possible when you make a find query to get only the results and does not appears the rest of records.
I have see into a grid when you make a find query the first record finded is the first record but the rest of records not into query appears too.

SECOND:
I have try without sucess to get one list box from database results and if you click one of them get positioned to that record.
Into listbox I need for example to get:
User ID, Name,Address

Thanks a lot for your help and sorry for my english.
martincalatrava

Postby Gaev » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:02 am

martincalatrava:
FIRST:
I need to know if in neobookdbpro can make multiple search into one dbpfind string or how, and I need to know too if it is possible when you make a find query to get only the results and does not appears the rest of records.
I have see into a grid when you make a find query the first record finded is the first record but the rest of records not into query appears too.
Use dbpQuery ... from the Help Documentation ...
Purpose
Limit the display of records to those that match specific search criteria. This action is similar to dbpFind, but dbpQuery allows you to search multiple fields at the same time with more complex search criteria. After calling dbpQuery, only records matching the search criteria will be visible. Navigation actions, such as dbpFirst, dbpPrev, dbpNext and dbpLast, will only display records that fall within the query's search parameters. To cancel the query and display all records, use the dbpShowAll action.

SECOND:
I have try without sucess to get one list box from database results and if you click one of them get positioned to that record.
Into listbox I need for example to get:
User ID, Name,Address
You can do a dbpQuery to search record(s) that match the selected ListBox Item.
Gaev

Return to NeoBookDBPro