Source language: Translate to:

CheckBox Field in MySQL & Neobook

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

CheckBox Field in MySQL & Neobook

Postby datadon » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:41 pm

I have a site that produces a browse grid for a mysql database that has a left hand column with check boxes that allow me to select various records for processing in different ways.

What I am trying to figure out is the best way to do that with the same database but when viewed though a Neobook application. Not in a browse window, but in a grid display in a rectangle. The data is all there, but how can I go about selection which records I want to process? This is not a query function but one of visual selection.

I know I could go through and place an X in a column and then process it that way, but is there another way I am missing? I don't think Neobook has a way of displaying the checkbox field, is that correct?
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
datadon

Postby smartmedia » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:54 pm

Hi..

You can use a check box inside the grid actually by setting a field as Boolean. The problem is that if you do that, you be able to change all the data inside the record which is not so good.
One other way is to create a button outside the pub with the Shortcut, for example Enter, now every time you press the enter you can write a code to take the id of the record or the all record and do what ever you want. The problem with that is that visualy you don't know if the record is marked.
Personaly i think the best option is to you the check box.
smartmedia

Return to NeoBookDBPro