Source language: Translate to:

NeoBookDBPro 1.2 Beta 2 Released

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeoBookDBPro 1.2 Beta 2 Released

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:09 pm

NOTE: This beta test is now over. You can download the completed version 1.2 from the link below:
http://www.neosoftware.com/neobook/modules/plugins/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=75

A second beta test version of NeoBookDBPro 1.2 is now available for download from link below:

-url removed-

In addition to the features included in beta #1 (described here: http://www.neosoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16747) beta #2 includes the following:

-Corrected a problem that prevented NeoBookDBPro v1.2-Beta #1 from unloading completely from memory when used with NeoBook v5.5.4 and earlier versions. The problem did not occur with NeoBook 5.6 or higher.

-The dbpGetFieldDefs action now return field definitions that more closely match those used by dbpCreateTable. (Due to inconsistencies in how field attributes are stored internally by different database engines, it’s not possible to reproduce the exact field definitions used to create a table.)

Although this is a beta version, registered users may use it with their finished compiled publications if they wish.

You may use this forum to post questions, suggestions, bug reports, etc. or send email to info@neosoftware.com
Last edited by Neosoft Support on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:28 am

Hi Dave,

Now it NeoBookDb Beta version 1.2 beta 2 works perfect with Neobook version 5.5.4. Thanks that you have fixed this problem so soon as was possible.

With regards
Fred
Frederik Gerritsen

Postby Grandpa1 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:34 pm

I have a problem.
when I compile my program.at start of app I recive a registration reminder screen.but in plugin installer dialog it is registered.

I have this problam in windows vista that neobook doesnt instaled on it.
and in win xp there is no problam

sorry for my bad english
Grandpa1

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:56 pm

am2222,

That's an unusual problem. Did you buy DBPro from NeoSoft or one of our dealers?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Grandpa1 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:28 am

Thanks..I found way to solve this problam.
How i can delete my registration in this plugin in win xp sp2
Grandpa1

Postby Neosoft Support » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:04 pm

am2222,

You didn't answer my question. Where sid you buy DBPro?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Grandpa1 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:01 am

excuse me :oops:
I bought it in Dubai
Grandpa1

Postby HPW » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:15 am

I think neosoft does not want to know where in the world you buy it, he want to know from whom (official distributor?) you buy which version (english or other)!
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby Grandpa1 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:27 am

Ok i am sorry
I dont know that was distributor your offical distributor or not
It is English version
Grandpa1

Postby Gaev » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:44 am

am2222:
I dont know that was distributor your offical distributor or not
Perhaps you could tell Dave the name of the person/organization where you purchased it ... e.g. "Dubai Software Consultants" (on Main Street) ... or Kumar's Tandoori and (all kinds of) DVDs (in the local Bazaar) :wink:
Gaev

Postby Grandpa1 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:48 pm

I dosent buy it myself.I live in iraq and one of my friends that traveled Dubai bought and sent it for me ...I will connect him and ask the name of the person/organization and tell you
Grandpa1

Postby beno » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi,

Well, it seems you have a nice Internet connection. My recommendation is to get in contact (privately) with the owner company (NeoSoft) and buy a all the licenses (program and plugins) you need.

Buying software licenses is nice for the World.

My cent,

beno
beno

Postby dpayer » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:22 pm

am2222 wrote:I dosent buy it myself.I live in iraq and one of my friends that traveled Dubai bought and sent it for me ...I will connect him and ask the name of the person/organization and tell you

Ah, you may not understand how it works.

Each person who uses this plugin must buy it. You cannot simply share licenses with friends. It is not free software. It is licensed on a per user basis. If the developer doesn't make money from his work, why should he continue to make good software to give away?

You must have your own license.

You may not be aware how it is inappropriate to ask for help from the developer if you do not actually pay for the product.

You may want to share this information with your friend as well.

David P.
dpayer

Postby Grandpa1 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:32 pm

Ah, you may not understand how it works.

Each person who uses this plugin must buy it. You cannot simply share licenses with friends. It is not free software. It is licensed on a per user basis. If the developer doesn't make money from his work, why should he continue to make good software to give away?

You must have your own license.

You may not be aware how it is inappropriate to ask for help from the developer if you do not actually pay for the product.

You may want to share this information with your friend as well.

thanks for your information.
But I payeid its cost to my friend.and he bought it for me
Grandpa1

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:44 pm

am2222,

thanks for your information.
But I payeid its cost to my friend.and he bought it for me

It sounds like your friend didn't actually buy the plug-in from a legitimate distributor. I hope you understand that we can only afford to provide technical support to users who purchased the software through us or one of our authorized dealers. You should ask your friend for your money back then buy DBPro from a legitimate source.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Next

Return to NeoBookDBPro