Source language: Translate to:

A question about the Report Preview of the NeoBookDBPro

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

A question about the Report Preview of the NeoBookDBPro

Postby WinMacLyn » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:58 pm

Hi Neosoft Support and everybody,

I want to know how an end user can change the company logo and company name & address in the Report Preview of the Invoice sample from the NeoBookDBPro.
I’ve tried to use Microsoft Word to change the Invoice Report file without success.
If you do things with love, passion and common sense everything in life will be returned to you the same way.
WinMacLyn

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:39 pm

MS Word cannot be used to edit the report files.

You might be able to use a picture field for the logo, then provide an option in your pub to import a different image. Otherwise, you can distribute a copy of NeoBookDBPro's Report Designer with your pub.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby WinMacLyn » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi NeoSoft Support,

Thank you for answering my question.

This is great to know that I can distribute the Report Designer with my application. But I was reading the help file accompanying the Report Designer application file were it says License Agreement and this is what it says.

License Agreement
The enclosed software, and its accompanying documentation are protected by both United States and international copyright laws. Except as noted below, duplication by any means is strictly forbidden and a violation of copyright laws.

And further down reads:

You may only distribute the stand-alone executable (EXE) programs produced by NeoBook Professional and NeoBookDBPro; and report files (*.dbr) created with Report Designer. You may not distribute with your stand alone executable (EXE) programs any portion of this documentation, packaging, serial numbers, Product Registration Card, or other related materials and printed information which are included with NeoBook Professional.

I think a lighter basic version to change pictures and words just for this purpose can be made with distributable rights license, could be a good idea. This new version doesn’t have to mention the names NeoBook and NeoBookDBPro.. Just a copyright by NeoSoft Corp could do. Because some times I don’ like a client know what type of IDE I use :)

At this moment, I will follow your suggestion about making this possible trough a picture and text fields.

Thanks one more time for your great support.
If you do things with love, passion and common sense everything in life will be returned to you the same way.
WinMacLyn

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:05 pm

I'll make a note to update the Report Designer's license agreement in the help file.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBookDBPro